Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make

Go down 
+6
D.Powell
Justin Linker
Laced With Slang
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Shaun
T. Myers
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Empty
PostSubject: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:00 pm

Esham - Love songs

K Rino - Love songs

Nas - Club/love/southern styled songs

Indie artists - fast rapping songs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:02 pm

K made a dope love song on his last album so FUCK YOU. Otherwise I agree with everything you said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:05 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
K made a dope love song on his last album so FUCK YOU. Otherwise I agree with everything you said.

I don't care for that song, but in general you have to admit his flow/lyrical style isn't agreeable with those types of songs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:09 pm

In general FUCK YOU, I do not agree with that. K-Rino is the ultimate emcee who is capable of rapping about turds and making it dope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:11 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
In general FUCK YOU, I do not agree with that. K-Rino is the ultimate emcee who is capable of rapping about turds and making it dope.

Then add something to the thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:26 pm

I did, I just added that I disagree because I think K is the ultimate emcee.

Do you want me to add another emcee with limited skills to replace him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:49 pm

Please
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:49 pm

Nas- club or party music
Face- battle lyric type songs and party music
Rino- comedic songs
Ludacris- street songs and/or heartfelt songs
Ice Cube- love songs or non topical type songs
Mobb Deep- love, party, or super positve songs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:51 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Nas- club or party music
Rino- comedic songs

I've been trying to put that into words for awhile now. I completely agree. Imagine if Cube could do a whole album worth of "Child Support" or "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It". Shit would be classic IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:53 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Nas- club or party music
Rino- comedic songs

I've been trying to put that into words for awhile now. I completely agree. Imagine if Cube could do a whole album worth of "Child Support" or "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It". Shit would be classic IMO.

Hell yeah, but lately he has been kinda just rapping about rapping on most trks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 1:05 pm

To keep it short, I don't think artists should venture into artistic territory that they're not familiar with. I understand wanting to try something new and all, but come on now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 1:36 pm

Wayne wrote:
To keep it short, I don't think artists should venture into artistic territory that they're not familiar with. I understand wanting to try something new and all, but come on now.

That sounds boring to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 1:38 pm

Wayne wrote:

LOL. Really man?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:02 pm

I know SRP and Jeff are gonna hate but K.I.S.S.I.N.G. by Nas was dope.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:03 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
I know SRP and Jeff are gonna hate but K.I.S.S.I.N.G. by Nas was dope.

I prefer Undying Love. Does that count as a "love" song?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:05 pm

I'm not really going to hate on your opinion, but I personally thought that track was trash. Nas has done better emotional songs, like the one dedicated to his moms on God's Son.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:07 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I'm not really going to hate on your opinion, but I personally thought that track was trash. Nas has done better emotional songs, like the one dedicated to his moms on God's Son.

I disagree with your first statement, but I agree with your second. Heaven was a great song as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:13 pm

KISSING is almost universally shat upon. And I LIKE I Am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:25 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
KISSING is almost universally shat upon. And I LIKE I Am.

By who? People that don't like Nas? Fuck them. I like the song, that's all that matters to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:27 pm

Jesus christ, you're ridiculous. That was simply one of the most moronic nonsensical comebacks ever in the history of this forum.

No, that song is shat upon by most people with EARS. I LIKE NAS. SO DOES SRP. WE JUST DON'T SLURP HIS PISS AND CALL IT KOOL AID LIKE YOU. GET OVER IT, MOST LISTENERS THAT ARE CAPABLE OF DISTINGUISHING GOOD FROM BAD WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR IDOL HATE THAT WACK ASS SONG. GET OVER IT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:36 pm

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:44 pm

KISSING is pretty wack, IMO

As for the thread:

Joe Budden should not make super lyrical tracks. Or be on them at all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:46 pm

[quote="Shaun" ]KISSING is pretty wack, IMO

As for the thread:

Joe Budden should not make super lyrical tracks. Or be on them at all[/quote]

Shut yo bloodclot mouth
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:50 pm

Kissing is indeed not a great song
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:52 pm

Kissing is a dope song to me, I don't give two shits what the rest of you think.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:56 pm

KISSING is terrible. One of his worst songs imo, right behind all those Bravehearts songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 3:05 pm

KJ you give props to KISSING but don't like Change Clothes? KISSING is a song imo for females not to many dudes I know really dig that one. I know a lot of females who like that one. Its not whack to me but I skip it everytime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 3:16 pm

KRob86 wrote:
KJ you give props to KISSING but don't like Change Clothes? KISSING is a song imo for females not to many dudes I know really dig that one. I know a lot of females who like that one. Its not whack to me but I skip it everytime.

You're saying Change Clothes wasn't for females?

Kissing had a soulful vibe to it, I know plenty of dudes that like it. Change Clothes was just a cheesy ass commercial track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 3:17 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

You're saying Change Clothes wasn't for females?

Kissing had a soulful vibe to it, I know plenty of dudes that like it. Change Clothes was just a cheesy ass commercial track.

I'm sure you know plenty of gay dudes, but so far every person on this forum has told you that song sucks. Accept it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 3:31 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
I'm sure you know plenty of gay dudes

Yep, and you're one of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 3:32 pm

To paraphrase Eric Cartman

"BITCH YOU DON'T KNOW ME"

And I meant, you know plenty of gay dudes...personally...you know, in the rectum?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 3:43 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
To paraphrase Eric Cartman

"BITCH YOU DON'T KNOW ME"

And I meant, you know plenty of gay dudes...personally...you know, in the rectum?

Nah man, I'm heterosexual. I don't bump albums by rapists, unlike you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 3:46 pm

like Mystikal? really? You going back on your alleged Mystikal love? Or how about your R. Kelly love? Which is it?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 4:01 pm

KRob86 wrote:

Yeah man, i don't know any dudes who were bumping Kissing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 4:37 pm

me neither...only sissies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 4:54 pm

Kissing is a god awful song
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 7:51 pm

Diplomats - anything remotely serious

Wu-Tang -southern style songs

Eminem - uplifting songs

Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 8:08 pm

KISSING is a definite skipper for me. Undying Love is one of my favorites on the album, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 8:18 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

Eminem - uplifting songs

I have never heard a Wu-Tang southern sounding song Slang...which song are you referring too??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 9:13 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Eminem - uplifting songs

I have never heard a Wu-Tang southern sounding song Slang...which song are you referring too??

Probably like stuff on Method Man's solos.

Also, that Eminem hate needs to stop.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 9:41 pm

Cornholio wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Eminem - uplifting songs

Probably like stuff on Method Man's solos.

Also, that Eminem hate needs to stop.

yea, also the song "City Lights" instantly comes to mind. Not that its terrible its just very average and about 5 years to late if they were going for a song with that sound. "Rodeo" is another example, Wu mc's just sound awkward on those songs

And all im doing id voicing my displeasure with Eminem's direction
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 9:55 pm

" "Rodeo" is another example,"

I remember that shit it was BOO-TAY!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 10:05 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
" "Rodeo" is another example,"

I remember that shit it was BOO-TAY!

lol, exactly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 10:47 pm

City Lights is dope.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:46 am

I agree with Slang, I'm just waiting for Em to get out of his emo phase. He can still rap no doubt, but the songwriting seems to have gone with the drug use.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:57 am

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
I agree with Slang, I'm just waiting for Em to get out of his emo phase. He can still rap no doubt, but the songwriting seems to have gone with the drug use.

His song writing has IMPROVED...what are you talking about? When was Em writing bridges and gluing his flow to the beat before now?
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:28 pm

I think Halfy wants EM to change his subject matter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:29 pm

People want artists to stay in a little box...then complain when they keep regurgitating the same shit.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:33 pm

Cornholio wrote:
People want artists to stay in a little box...then complain when they keep regurgitating the same shit.

That's true, I mean Cage changed a shit load on Hell's Winter from Movies For The Blind, and I love HW a lot more. The thing is I think there's a certain line some people don't want the artist to cross. For example Cage on his last album, and people who aren't feeling the subject matter on Recovery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:34 pm

Esco wrote:
Cornholio wrote:

That's true, I mean Cage changed a shit load on Hell's Winter from Movies For The Blind, and I love HW a lot more. The thing is I think there's a certain line some people don't want the artist to cross. For example Cage on his last album, and people who aren't feeling the subject matter on Recovery.

But at the same time, people complained about the subject matter on Relapse...then complained about Recovery. It's all just bullshit. I just like good music. Unless it's Wu, because they suck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make   Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Types Of Songs Certain Artists Shouldn't Make
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next