Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:07 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Raekwon is a coke rapper, get over it. If you dont want coke rap, dont listen to Raekwon, period, done.

But once again, coke rap>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kill it Mr.WU-TANG

Jay-Z was one of the biggest COKE emcees around my dude....do your homework if you don't believe me...he was really slangin and making a bunch of roc-a-fella start up money and he evolved into one of the most diverse emcees to ever do it.....he still has some coke tales in his lyrics but his subject matter has quadrupled....Rae needs to take notes....expand his mind just a little bit IMO...he's still a legend emcee based on his merits but I think to keep that solo career spinning he needs to expand his horizons and look at other COKE emcees like Jay-Z or Jadakiss or even Nas (who was slangin too but has expanded a bunch as well) as an example of how to be a true ARTIST in every sense of that word IMO!

dude, Jay-Z sucks now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:10 pm

Powell, pretty much everyone on here, including KJ, would agree Jay-Z went soft on BP3. Much different than changing styles. I will definitely give you Nas, he finally became a man. Jada is still as ignorant as ever though, listen to Last Kiss Man!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:20 pm

Jay didn't go soft on BP3 to me and is much more of an artist than Rae could ever hope to be...samething with Nas and Jadakiss too....and Steve I like Last Kiss my dude....he was certainly talking about much more than coke deals on that album man...what were you listening too??

maybe Rae is working with what he was given and I guess thats all good too...his career as a solo artist is nearing a close IMO...those other 3 guys I mentioned have sustained their careers quite well I might add....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:23 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Jay didn't go soft on BP3 to me and is much more of an artist than Rae could ever hope to be...samething with Nas and Jadakiss too....and Steve I like Last Kiss my dude....he was certainly talking about much more than coke deals on that album man...what were you listening too??

maybe Rae is working with what he was given and I guess thats all good too...his career as a solo artist is nearing a close IMO...those other 3 guys I mentioned have sustained their careers quite well I might add....

I don't think Jay went soft on BP3 as well.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:24 pm

Top 10 WU? Boy Stop....lls
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:25 pm

D.Powell wrote:

honestly i think Rae is going to surprise a lot of people with "Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang". He has said that hes changing his subject matter up, but i still better hear storytelling. He may have surpassed Ghostface in terms of storytelling ability nowadays, actually im going to say he has. In his peak Ghost was a better storyteller but i think id take Rae now.

Since he did say he was going to change it up a little im hoping "Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang" has Rae spittin like he was on "Iron Flag" (the song) at least that type of style/subject matters, or "Sneakers"

the thing i dont understand, is this album was OBFCL2, if he didnt talk about slanging it would be retarded to call it OBFCL2. let him do his thing on S vs. W and well see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:27 pm

I'm anticipating Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:27 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
dude, Jay-Z sucks now.

You ain't lying, if his next album is wack then I'm dropping him out of my Top 10. Ever since Blueprint he's dropped a wack album every other release

BP2- WACK
Black Album- DOPE (although that best rapper alive line is BS)
Kingdom Come- WACK
American Gangster- DOPE
BP3- WACK

Hopefully he follows the Bret Saberhagen-like formula and his next shit is dope. But if it's not then he's officially fallen off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:30 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
dude, Jay-Z sucks now.

You ain't lying, if his next album is wack then I'm dropping him out of my Top 10. Ever since Blueprint he's dropped a wack album every other release

BP2- WACK
Black Album- DOPE (although that best rapper alive line is BS)
Kingdom Come- WACK
American Gangster- DOPE
BP3- WACK

Hopefully he follows the Bret Saberhagen-like formula and his next shit is dope. But if it's not then he's officially fallen off.

I respectively disagree here, but it's all good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:30 pm

D.Powell wrote:

maybe Rae is working with what he was given and I guess thats all good too...his career as a solo artist is nearing a close IMO...those other 3 guys I mentioned have sustained their careers quite well I might add...

I like Last Kiss a lot as well, my fave album from him overall tho his first has higher highs.

"...I done spent niggaz rent money on a belt"

"Yo, I'ma take the responsibility for bring it back
They rappin' wit hostility meanin' they wack
But then again I feel 'em
Knowin' that they up against a bunny just like myself that'll kill 'em
Gotta spend a buck at the dealer for suede ceilings
Lotta bodies drop because of betrayed feelings
What other rappers you know made it and stayed dealin'?
Smart bunnies just felt back and they save millions
These are pedestrian bars for the civilians
Shoes is Italian, handgun Brazilian"

"I'm definitely cut different, I twist hunnies, puff piffin'
Get my insight from an OG wit a good job and all that but he loves sniffin'"

"All the whips is a year ahead I only fear the feds
Forty five on the other side of the peep hole
Head shot from point blank call it a free throw
Funny cause I had the +Vision+ since Coleco
Back then, still ain't reach my peak though
Louis loafers, Polo peak coat
Call me, whenever the bosses meet yo"

"Got too hot for the grams who got weed?
In the rap bracket he remains the top seed
Revolver holds six, quick to blow three
Audio heroin so you don't O.D.
Shooters know you, but you don't know me"

That's only the first two tracks...I'll stop there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:31 pm

The Last Kiss is a 4 star album IMO.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:33 pm

Hey Kj follow your advice man

C'MON SON GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT

Jay is still going strong as ever IMO....not in his prime but his lyrics are still crazy...he's still respected as a crafty vet around these here parts...maybe in Norwalk they think he has fallen off...not too sure but he's still doing his thang man...and if Rae could've carved out half the solo career that Jay has then that would be saying a bunch...

Last edited by D.Powell on Fri 06 Aug 2010, 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:34 pm

Steve The Last Kiss had coke tales on it....party shit....love shit....just straight emceeing shit....all the marks of a true hip-hop artist IMO.....the shit was bangin my dude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:36 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Jay is still going strong as ever IMO....not in his prime but his lyrics are still crazy...he's still respected as a craft vet...... he's still doing his thang...

Well said.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:39 pm

Kingdom Come was a 3.5 star album IMO just like this shit from Rae...meaning it was decent....but not great

BP3 is 4.5 stars IMO

American Gangster is 5 stars IMO

The Black Album is 4.5 stars

BP2 was weak at 2.5 stars

so Jay's batting average is above .400 to me man....dude is still doing the damn thang...I was playing BP3 just today and that shit still bangs to me...I haven't heard Rae's shit since January...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:41 pm

BP3 isn't even close to 4.5
Kingdom Come is 3.0 or 2.75
AG is 4.5
Black Album is 4.5-5.0
BP2 is 3.0-3.5

A lil off mayne
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:44 pm

BP2- 3.5 stars
Black Album- 5 stars
Kingdom Come- 3.5 stars
American Gangster- 5 stars
BP3- 4 stars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:47 pm

Neither one of you skip any tracks on AG? Think it has no weak tracks??? No one ever that isn't stan'ing , no publication, no person has given AG 5 stars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:48 pm

Steve wrote:
Neither one of you skip any tracks on AG? Think it has no weak tracks??? No one ever that isn't stan'ing , no publication, no person has given AG 5 stars.

Honestly, I do skip "Hello Brooklyn".
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:48 pm

I can't give it more than 4.25 stars.

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:49 pm

Don't y'all start fucking with my boy Jay-Z!!!!

BP3>>>>>>>>>>>>OB4CL2

And Kingdom Come is a 4.25-4.5 album in my book. He came out of "retirement" with that album. So I know many were pissed and judging the man on his outside of music merits and not the music. I only skip two trks on that whole album.

And Last Kiss is Jada's best album to date. So suck it!...lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:50 pm

No one said Last Kiss wasn't. You talkin' to the mirror man? A you're crazy on Kingdom Come...
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:50 pm

I have AG at 4.5 stars. I skip Hello Brooklyn and the title track.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:51 pm

Kev stick to Willie D. No one has Kingdom Come at 4.25-4.5 but you.....lmao
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Kingdom Come is 3.5-3.75. It's a good effort, but we expect more from Jay.

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down

Highsmith wrote:

LOL TRU
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:52 pm

Highsmith wrote:

I'm a Jay-Z stan (like I'am Nas), however, overall, Kingdom Come is 3.5 stars to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:52 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Kingdom Come is 3.5-3.75. It's a good effort

Cosign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:54 pm

Well I dig it and I think you guys just don't know how to look at albums without comparing them to other shit. Kingdom Come had dope beats, hooks, lyricism, and subjects. What is it about that album that makes it rank so low with you guys..seriously? Did you honestly have high expectations for it before it dropped?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:56 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Well I dig it and I think you guys just don't know how to look at albums without comparing them to other shit. Kingdom Come had dope beats, hooks, lyricism, and subjects. What is it about that album that makes it rank so low with you guys..seriously? Did you honestly have high expectations for it before it dropped?

the beats, rhymes vibe, etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:57 pm

Kev, don't open up a can of worms. Rap is all about comparing things to other things. You are way overrating, no human being has ever rated it as high as you have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 11:58 pm

KRob86 wrote:

I had high hopes for this album prior to its release, and I was satisfied. The reason for my 3.5 star rating? Namely "Anything", "Hollywood", and "Do U Wanna Ride". These are not bad songs, but they affect my rating. Everything else fires on all cylinders.
Back to top Go down

KRob86 wrote:
Don't y'all start fucking with my boy Jay-Z!!!!

BP3>>>>>>>>>>>>OB4CL2

And Kingdom Come is a 4.25-4.5 album in my book. He came out of "retirement" with that album. So I know many were pissed and judging the man on his outside of music merits and not the music. I only skip two trks on that whole album.

And Last Kiss is Jada's best album to date. So suck it!...lol.

Ahem. I have Kingdom Come at 4.25

Last edited by Cornholio on Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...

BP3 ain't even no where near close to OB4CL2 kill all that smh
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:01 am

Steve wrote:
Kev, don't open up a can of worms. Rap is all about comparing things to other things. You are way overrating, no human being has ever rated it as high as you have.

I'm sure someone out there in space and time likes this album as much as me Mr Six Million Dollar Man! Well thats the problem I make a point to not do that. I do not look at albums as continuations, they are separate thoughts in different zones and space.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:02 am

I will give Kingdome Come another listen, to see if maybe I underrated and its strengths and weakness just for you tonight.

What do you mean Six Million Dollar Man?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:03 am

I'm bumping Kingdom Come as I type this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:04 am

Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I had high hopes for this album prior to its release, and I was satisfied. The reason for my 3.5 star rating? Namely "Anything", "Hollywood", and "Do U Wanna Ride". These are not bad songs, but they affect my rating. Everything else fires on all cylinders.

I luv Hollywood the message he is kicking on that one is different. I only skip Anything (now this song was terrible and pointless) and Minority Report ( I respect the message but it comes off forced).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:05 am

KRob86 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I luv Hollywood the message he is kicking on that one is different. I only skip Anything (now this song was terrible and pointless) and Minority Report ( I respect the message but it comes off forced).

Minority Report is my favorite song on this album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:06 am

Steve wrote:
I will give Kingdome Come another listen, to see if maybe I underrated and its strengths and weakness just for you tonight.

What do you mean Six Million Dollar Man?

Nothing just something that popped in my head. You were saying no human has it rated that high so the thought of you must have some type of super powers to know that came to mind..lol.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:11 am

Wayne, I would say Beach Chair is my fav track. Kev, obviously I had high hopes for this album but it doesn't hold a candle to Jay Z's discography. The only release he had worse than this IMO was BP2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:12 am

Highsmith wrote:
Wayne, I would say Beach Chair is my fav track. Kev, obviously I had high hopes for this album but it doesn't hold a candle to Jay Z's discography. The only release he had worse than this IMO was BP2.

I didn't like Beach Chair too much when I first played it, but after repeated listens, I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 1:07 am

First 3 tracks are fire, track 4 is a lil' overproduced but dope, track 5 is ehhhh, track 6 is hot, track 7 (dre keeps fucking up wtf) is horribly produced (doesn't fit the album) but dope lyrically, track 8 is forgettable and coulda been cut he's done it 34353 times, track 9 is terrible, track 10 is terrible, track 11 is dope, track 12 is dope (aside from the hook), Minority Report is kinda weak lyrically but the hook and beat are dope, track 14 is dope for what it is.

Overall I was too hars and I will rate it 3.75 for track5, track 7, track 8, and track 9 and the shortcomings on the other songs.

I like it more than BP3 which is one of his worst albums IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 1:31 am

smh to y'all skipping hello brooklyn. I think american gangster is overrated
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 7:04 am

Justin Linker wrote:
BP3 ain't even no where near close to OB4CL2 kill all that smh

Your right Linker BP3 is better...better concepts....better lyrics.....beats are about even...better content....BP3 is kickin it's ass...hey man your right on point
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 7:08 am

as for American Gangster that shit is 5 stars abound baby bubba

I don't skip ANYTHING....Hello Brooklyn is dope IMO....Lil Wayne did not fuck that song up...Jay wouldn't allow him too...and the beat is very legit on it as well.....go back and listen to all the metaphors Jay uses on that joint man...he's killing shit easily....if you claim you like lyrics then whats the fuckin problem???

AG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 9:16 am

This album has gotten worse with time for me. I'll give it about 4 stars now.

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 9:55 am

Any of you Jay-Z fans heard Ravage's remix, "American Monsta"? Just wondering how fans of the emcee feel about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 10:05 am

Steve wrote:
First 3 tracks are fire, track 4 is a lil' overproduced but dope, track 5 is ehhhh, track 6 is hot, track 7 (dre keeps fucking up wtf) is horribly produced (doesn't fit the album) but dope lyrically, track 8 is forgettable and coulda been cut he's done it 34353 times, track 9 is terrible, track 10 is terrible, track 11 is dope, track 12 is dope (aside from the hook), Minority Report is kinda weak lyrically but the hook and beat are dope, track 14 is dope for what it is.

Overall I was too harsh and I will rate it 3.75 for track5, track 7, track 8, and track 9 and the shortcomings on the other songs.

I like it more than BP3 which is one of his worst albums IMO.

Props for honestly revisiting this one. And I think that sums up most of the low ratings for this album. People were just expecting to much where I wasn't expecting anything I was actually suspect about it.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 10:05 am

Whether you skip Hello Brooklyn or not SRP, you still think AG is overrated...lol 4.5 stars over here. The title track doesn't do anything for me either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OB4CL2 revisited   

Back to top Go down

OB4CL2 revisited
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next