Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is good about Trill O.G.

Go down 
+2
Wanduras
booerns
6 posters
AuthorMessage
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

What is good about Trill O.G. Empty
PostSubject: What is good about Trill O.G.   What is good about Trill O.G. Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 7:12 pm

I heard a lot of you guys raving about the new bun b cd, but I don't get it at all. Now I understand bun b is a legend, and I love UGK, but this cd is not special. He has a nice flow as usual, but it is generic lyrics. There is no story telling, no depth, just nothingness over and over again . The beats are generic radio, club beats. None of the features bring anything special. I just feel like this is about as average as cds can get.

And I don't want to hear just that I'm wrong or that the cd is fire, but give me actual things that make this cd worthwhile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is good about Trill O.G.   What is good about Trill O.G. Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 7:17 pm

You just described Trill & II Trill really.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: What is good about Trill O.G.   What is good about Trill O.G. Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 7:25 pm

I haven't heard this one yet but I agree with Krob. I'm as big a UGK fan as there is but Bun does not know how to do solo joints. Trill had a couple joints that were fire (Throwed and The Story to name a couple) but overall I thought the first 2 albums were weak. Pimp C had better solos IMO. Actually The Sweet James Jones Stories was the shizzle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is good about Trill O.G.   What is good about Trill O.G. Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 9:32 pm

I liked Trill and even 2Trill more than Trill OG. Fuck The Source, they lost all their crediblity with the Benzino era and still haven't regained it. This album is nowhere near classic. It's not a bad album but it's nothing special either. I originally had it at 4 stars but now I've lowered it to 3.5 because after 4 spins I don't have much desire to spin it again.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: What is good about Trill O.G.   What is good about Trill O.G. Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 9:38 pm

I'm on Spin 2 and I agree with what you all are saying. The production is nice but track after track Bun isn't really talking about anything at all. I still have it at my original rating of 3.5. If anything, that rating may be lowered to a 3. I will still give this some spins for the time being.
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

PostSubject: Re: What is good about Trill O.G.   What is good about Trill O.G. Icon_minitimeSun 08 Aug 2010, 9:51 pm

I agre with you krob. I was not a fan of trill or II trill, but this one seemed to get the most praise and to me is the worst by far. Cause none have had substance, but this doesn't have anything.
But some people have been raving this album so I want to know why.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: What is good about Trill O.G.   What is good about Trill O.G. Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 1:21 am

I bought it, but something told me to download it and check it first. When I did, I promptly took it back to Target for a full refund.

Bun B has officially landed on my "try before I buy" list...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: What is good about Trill O.G.   What is good about Trill O.G. Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 2:08 am

His Airness wrote:
I bought it, but something told me to download it and check it first. When I did, I promptly took it back to Target for a full refund.

Bun B has officially landed on my "try before I buy" list...

Yep. Me, I wouldn't even try it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is good about Trill O.G.   What is good about Trill O.G. Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 8:16 am

After admitted repeated listens, I still stand by my 4.5 star rating, however, it did dawn on me (and most of you already mentioned this) that Bun isn't really talking about anything on this album on the majority of the songs. I know it's all about the music, but I'm just saying. Also, this album is not better than Trill IMO.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: What is good about Trill O.G.   What is good about Trill O.G. Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 11:37 pm

In all honesty, Bun is just going with the trend on what's hot now. I'm glad I saved my money. Also, using Drake as a platform to is just weak IMO. He would be better off using Eminem if he wanted mainstream appeal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is good about Trill O.G.   What is good about Trill O.G. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is good about Trill O.G.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: