Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M.I.A. Albums Day 8

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Empty
PostSubject: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 7:37 am

Today i'm going to Houston and hollering at Rap-A-Lot records grp the Blac Monks. Blac Monks were a grp headed by Mr. 3-2 from the grp The Convicts. And two other emcess who I know nothing about but they held ther on. Its a real funky smooth more so west coast vibed album. The west coast had the game on lock from like 92-95. Back then the west coast had a big influence on a good amount of southern albums production wise. But you can still feel some of that bluesy south creepin in here and there. I think this would make my top 50 southern albums, its a real good one. Its not typical gansta/hardcore shit they actually had a politica/spiritual twist to the album also. I got it at a 4.5 or so.

M.I.A. Albums Day 8 %23+F

Here's the 1st single. But the video version is different from the album version beat and hook wise. I like the album version more but check the video:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 11:33 am

If you didn't tell me where they were from I'd fight someone to the death saying West Coast.

It's not bad, but nothing that makes me wanna go further.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 11:35 am

Steve, did you have to go to youtube to watch? Embed isn't working for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 11:35 am

"embedding has been disabled by the user..." yeah
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 11:46 am

Great track K.Rob, I'm gonna have to go dl this from Bottom of the Map.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 12:31 pm

Steve wrote:
"embedding has been disabled by the user..." yeah

How do I fix that? Every other youtube vid I have displayed has worked I think.

Good look Romp. This album should be right up your alley. And Steve thanks for checking it out.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 9:30 pm

Their "No Mercy" album from '98 is nice too. Not a phenomenal group but they had some dope RAL production in their corner.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 9:39 pm

Real dope album, one of my favorite Rap-A-Lot albums (sans Scarface & Geto Boy's albums).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 9:41 pm

ctrx wrote:
Their "No Mercy" album from '98 is nice too. Not a phenomenal group but they had some dope RAL production in their corner.

Is it man? Because I remember I was about to buy it but the samples sounded kinda weak. How far behind this one is it quality/rating wise?
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 9:58 pm

I just bought this from amazon a couple of weeks ago. I'll spin this soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 7:23 am

What made you get it Highsmith?
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 10:47 am

KRob86 wrote:
ctrx wrote:

Is it man? Because I remember I was about to buy it but the samples sounded kinda weak. How far behind this one is it quality/rating wise?
Eh I would have both at about 3.5...I'm honestly not a big 3-2 fan but the beats are nice.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010, 1:57 pm

Dope album for sure. I bought this off Kev's rec back in the day. I'd give it 4 stars easily.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010, 10:27 pm

I was looking for 3-2's "Wicked Buddha Baby" but when I saw the price I decided to just get the Black Monks instead. Now did this CD come out before or after Da Lenchmob CD? There are too many similarities between those 2 CDs IMO. However, I liked this. I'll say after 1 spin I would give it between a 3.5 and a 4. I have been trying to further expand my Rap A Lot collection Kev. Obviously I have the Face's, Geto Boys, etc. So my last amazon order, I ordered the Big Mike CD ( I had the tape), this and Big Mello's "Wegonefunk....."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010, 10:30 pm

Good look Highsmith!!!!!!!

Lenchmob came out way before this one. And that Big Mello is a tight album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 8   M.I.A. Albums Day 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M.I.A. Albums Day 8
Page 1 of 1