Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seagram - Souls On Ice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Seagram - Souls On Ice Empty
PostSubject: Seagram - Souls On Ice   Seagram - Souls On Ice Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 8:56 pm

Whoooooooa.......

You guys should be way more adamant about this album's universal appeal. I can see this hitting the top of the West coast for me. He is that, right? There's definitely a bit of Southern feel to this, too.

What's the story on this guy? Got any production info for me?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Seagram - Souls On Ice   Seagram - Souls On Ice Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 8:58 pm

SRP would be the guy to ask, but I'll grab my copy and check
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Seagram - Souls On Ice   Seagram - Souls On Ice Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 9:00 pm

Looks like Terry-T did most of the production. Mike Dean did the opening track, and Tone Capone did two others. As for the album, it's definitely reached 5 stars for me.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Seagram - Souls On Ice   Seagram - Souls On Ice Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 9:10 pm

lol @ "...higher than giraffe pussy..."

Rogan uses that line in his stand up. I wonder if he's a Seagram fan...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Seagram - Souls On Ice   Seagram - Souls On Ice Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 9:19 pm

Gucci Mane used that line, too, lol. I remember the black kids would always say that ish during basketball practice in high school.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Seagram - Souls On Ice   Seagram - Souls On Ice Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 9:20 pm

lol....Oh
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Seagram - Souls On Ice   Seagram - Souls On Ice Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 9:26 pm

Seagram was very dope, my personal fav was always Dark Roads but I think in time this could possibly surpass it due to the beats being not as outdated. Seagram was extremely appealing as an artist because of his credible character, gangsta knowledge and reality based intelligent lyrics, which easily separated him from the norm. All of us can only dream of what he might have risen to after souls on ice, I'm sure he would have kept getting better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seagram - Souls On Ice   Seagram - Souls On Ice Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 9:31 pm

I gotta listen to this again, i remember it being about 3.5 - 4. It's getting a lot of high praise on here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seagram - Souls On Ice   Seagram - Souls On Ice Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 10:06 pm

Yeah Souls On Ice is easily his most accessibile album imo. But Reality Check was my first Seagram album and myfav from him. Its more str8 up west coast smooth than this one. I recently listened to Dark Roads for the 1st time and its not good at all. Like Lounge said its very dated so i'm sure thats why I feel that way. But Seagram could have been a west coast Scarface if he wasn't taken so soon. C-Bo kinda slid in his spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seagram - Souls On Ice   Seagram - Souls On Ice Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 10:12 pm

What do you rate Reality Check and Souls On Ice Kev?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seagram - Souls On Ice   Seagram - Souls On Ice Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 11:21 pm

Reality Check honestly hasn't aged well. So back then I would have rated it a 4.25-4.5 but now its probably truly a 3.75-4.0 album. Souls On Ice I haven't listened to enough to give it a true fair rating but from the few times I have played it its no less than 4.0.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seagram - Souls On Ice   Seagram - Souls On Ice Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 11:43 am

I give Pedro's GOAT album 4 stars. Seagram was an above average lyricist that might have gotten better if he were still here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seagram - Souls On Ice   Seagram - Souls On Ice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seagram - Souls On Ice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Old Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: