Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy

Go down 
+4
Shaun
Half
D.Powell
T. Myers
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:25 am

D.Powell wrote:
2Pacalypse Now (4 stars)
Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. (4 stars)
Me Against the World (5 stars)
All Eyez on Me (3 stars)
Don Kiluminati : The 7 Day Theory (4.75-5 stars)

these are the only ones I ranked Terry...what the fuck are you talking about??

the first 3 from Mobb Deep I ranked contained 5 stars Terry(The Infamous, Hell On Earth, Murda Muzik)......HELLOOOOO professor...go check your damn calulator again my dude...your brain is thinking about chicken again or something....

It also contained Blood Money. You can't ignore that turd cause it doesn't suit your argument. The numbers don't lie. The only Pac album missing is Thug Life, and it would need to be around 3 stars to bring Pac's ratings below Mobb Deep's, and we both know that ain't happening.

No matter how you slice it, your ratings say something completely different than you are saying. It doesn't add up.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:31 am

LOL @ Terry...you are one determined BEYOTCH aren't ya???

is everything okay at home man?? just asking..

Thug Life is 4 stars to me man...a very good album....Pac did his thang on it....but again are you only taking 6 Mobb Albums into consideration or are you taking all of them against only 6 for Pac?? because I'm still not sure how Pac is going to beat 3 (5) star albums in a damn row from Mobb Deep?? you've got to do 6 on 6 Terry otherwise it isn't fair...agree??
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:33 am

D.Powell wrote:
LOL @ Terry...you are one determined BEYOTCH aren't ya???

is everything okay at home man?? just asking..

Thug Life is 4 stars to me man...a very good album....Pac did his thang on it....but again are you only taking 6 Mobb Albums into consideration or are you taking all of them against only 6 for Pac?? because I'm still not sure how Pac is going to beat 3 (5) star albums in a damn row from Mobb Deep?? you've got to do 6 on 6 Terry otherwise it isn't fair...agree??

LOL, everything is good at home my dude, and the number of albums does not have to be the same. Doing averages eliminates that, and Pac's albums have a higher average. Sure you have Mobb with one more classic, but you also don't have Pac with a 2.25 star album either.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:38 am

Terry to be fair it needs to be 6 albums from Mobb against 6 albums from Pac...thats the only fair way to do it...your not including my ratings for Pac when he was deceased, because if I give you those then he's really going to get his ass kicked in.....as an example Better Dayz from him was a 2.25 stars effort IMO...of course of no fault of his own....if you want those ratings then just ask and then you'll really see the difference lol.....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:41 am

D.Powell wrote:
Terry to be fair it needs to be 6 albums from Mobb against 6 albums from Pac...thats the only fair way to do it...your not including my ratings for Pac when he was deceased, because if I give you those then he's really going to get his ass kicked in.....as an example Better Dayz from him was a 2.25 stars effort IMO...of course of no fault of his own....if you want those ratings then just ask and then you'll really see the difference lol.....

It's not fair to include albums that are not a true representaion of his artistic vision. He had no input with those albums, and doing 6 albums each is flat out wrong.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:49 am

Terry when you play sports let's just say football...do you want to have 11 players on your side and go against 5 players on the other side and call that a fair game?? if you do then your a cheater mane..

samething applies here....I've got to do 6 against 6....both artists have their co-signs on the work I'm talking about, so it's as fair as it's going to get man...6 vs. 6...done that way Mobb is still winning for me,...again Terry this is just my opinion on it...if you ask Steven then he will tell you something way different...but in my opinion Mobb's catalog is stronger than Pac's....not their careers or legendary status but their music mane (mayne)....their lyrics (IMO)...their production (IMO)...the things that make hip-hop....well hip-hop...Mobb is beating Pac to me......lyrically I would roll with Prodigy over Pac...but both are top 20 emcees for me....Pac says more but Prodigy is better on that mic (IMO)...hopefully no one is offended by these statements and if they are then fuck 'em...it's my opinion mane (mayne)...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:54 am

D.Powell wrote:
Terry when you play sports let's just say football...do you want to have 11 players on your side and go against 5 players on the other side and call that a fair game?? if you do then your a cheater mane..

samething applies here....I've got to do 6 against 6....both artists have their co-signs on the work I'm talking about, so it's as fair as it's going to get man...6 vs. 6...done that way Mobb is still winning for me,...again Terry this is just my opinion on it...if you ask Steven then he will tell you something way different...but in my opinion Mobb's catalog is stronger than Pac's....not their careers or legendary status but their music mane (mayne)....their lyrics (IMO)...their production (IMO)...the things that make hip-hop....well hip-hop...Mobb is beating Pac to me......lyrically I would roll with Prodigy over Pac...but both are top 20 emcees for me....Pac says more but Prodigy is better on that mic (IMO)...hopefully no one is offended by these statements and if they are then fuck 'em...it's my opinion mane (mayne)...

First of all, that's apples and oranges. You can't cherry pick which albums to use. If i was to do that, i would choose the 6 Mobb albums that are not 6 stars on your list. See how that works. That wouldn't do Mobb justice would it?

The 2nd part is not important here. You are saying their catalog/discog is better. That focuses directly on the albums, and Pac's albums have a higher average than Mobb based on your ratings. you can't deny that.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:57 am

How is Pac beating 3 (5) star albums Terry??? again IN MY OPINION of course
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:58 am

D.Powell wrote:
How is Pac beating 3 (5) star albums Terry??? again IN MY OPINION of course

Because pac doesn't have a 2.25 star album. There is no denying mobb has reached lower lows. If there was ever a FACT, that would be one of them.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:18 am

Terry honey bun....twizzler nose.....cherry dumpling....MOBB DEEP'S CATALOG IN MY OPINION IS STRONGER THAN 2PAC SHAKUR'S....plain and simple to me.....take your unbalanced system and stick it straight up your chicken lovin' ass...mmm-kay Smile

thanks "brother"
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:19 am

Then why are Pac's averages higher?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:23 am

LMAOOO

mm-kay Terry...your bleeding today...it's the only explanation!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:24 am

Do you not know simple math? I'm only working with the info you're providing me.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:34 am

and keep working with it Professor Terry...I've said all I had to say....your not listening...I'm not listening...2 deaf motherfuckers having a conversation I guess....Smile
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:37 am

D.Powell wrote:
and keep working with it Professor Terry...I've said all I had to say....your not listening...I'm not listening...2 deaf motherfuckers having a conversation I guess....Smile

What you've said is contradictory. your comments and your ratings do not align. If Mobb Deep has a better discog than Pac, why isn't it reflected in the ratings? It's a simple question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:40 am

+ .5 east coast

- .5 west coast

= Mobb beats pac
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:41 am

Red wrote:
+ .5 east coast

- .5 west coast

= Mobb beats pac

What?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:41 am

Red wrote:
+ .5 east coast

- .5 west coast

= Mobb beats pac

Best. Poster. Ever.

And I'm pretty sure

-1 star South

-2 stars/never heard but will call wack anyway Midwest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:42 am

T. Myers wrote:
Red wrote:
+ .5 east coast

- .5 west coast

= Mobb beats pac

What?

Bias. He's saying the ratings represent Powell's bias. He gives +.5 stars for every east cost album and -.5 stars for every west coast album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:42 am

Joking east coast bias
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

it is reflected Terry....your system is unbalanced...you want to include even the Prodigy solo joints (which aren't bad by the way) and every Mobb effort over the first 6 albums and put them up against only 6 2Pac albums which is NOT a balanced system....all the works I'm rating Pac was alive too see and co-sign.....and his ass is losing and your ass is sore....with my math he's behind 28-14...and there won't be a comeback unless it's by his ghost.....this game is OVER IMO! Smile
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:43 am

Jeff wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Red wrote:
+ .5 east coast

- .5 west coast

= Mobb beats pac

What?

Bias. He's saying the ratings represent Powell's bias. He gives +.5 stars for every east cost album and -.5 stars for every west coast album.

Oh ok, i got it now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:44 am

Yes nero!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:45 am

D.Powell wrote:
it is reflected Terry....your system is unbalanced...you want to include even the Prodigy solo joints (which aren't bad by the way) and every Mobb effort over the first 6 albums and put them up against only 6 2Pac albums which is NOT a balanced system....all the works I'm rating Pac was alive too see and co-sign.....and his ass is losing and your ass is sore....with my math he's behind 28-14...and there won't be a comeback unless it's by his ghost.....this game is OVER IMO! Smile

Um no. According to that train of thought, artists with extremely lengthy discogs have a built in advantage. It's simply a flawed argument.

Last edited by T. Myers on Fri 13 Aug 2010, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:49 am

Jeff stop talking about this stuff man....you don't understand...fuck bias...I'm judging what I like better whether Jeff likes it or not...it doesn't matter....you prefer the mid-western sound but that makes sense because your from Iowa...I prefer the east coast sound but that makes sense because I'm from NY....everyone on here is biased about something so why even bring up that word??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:51 am

D.Powell wrote:
Jeff stop talking about this stuff man....you don't understand...fuck bias...I'm judging what I like better whether Jeff likes it or not...it doesn't matter....you prefer the mid-western sound but that makes sense because your from Iowa...I prefer the east coast sound but that makes sense because I'm from NY....everyone on here is biased about something so why even bring up that word??

Actually Powell, that paragraph made more sense than 90% of the shit that gets posted on here and I completely agree with you. However, if you'd read the post that Red made and I was merely explaining to Terry, you'd see I was just saying that of course you're going to prefer Mobb Deep. The problem here is that you're making it seem like the OBVIOUS FACTUAL choice, when in fact both have strong discographies and belong in the same league.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:56 am

no I honestly think that Mobb Deep has a much better catalog than 2Pac...Terry wants to use an unbalanced system to get his "numbers"...I called his bullshit and now he's sore.....Hey Terry when you get back home fire up the grill and let's get it started mane (mayne) you'll feel much better Smile
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:02 pm

D.Powell wrote:
no I honestly think that Mobb Deep has a much better catalog than 2Pac...Terry wants to use an unbalanced system to get his "numbers"...I called his bullshit and now he's sore.....Hey Terry when you get back home fire up the grill and let's get it started mane (mayne) you'll feel much better Smile

Explain how using averages is unbalanced? Every album in their respective discogs is represented in the average. How is it unbalanced?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:08 pm

Is it fair for me to say Biggie has one of the best catalogs of all-time especially when I'm comparing him against say Outkast and using Speakerboxx/The Love Below and Idlewild as excuses to bring down their "averages" when I can only use 2 albums from Biggie and 'Kast has more than enough ammo to match-up quite evenly against those 2 albums???

if this is the case then Biggie has one of the best catalogs in the history of hip-hop music bar none...(I don't really believe this because he doesn't have enough material to match up evenly against really any of the greats)...it's an unbalanced system mr.biscuit...how are you not getting this???
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:21 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Is it fair for me to say Biggie has one of the best catalogs of all-time especially when I'm comparing him against say Outkast and using Speakerboxx/The Love Below and Idlewild as excuses to bring down their "averages" when I can only use 2 albums from Biggie and 'Kast has more than enough ammo to match-up quite evenly against those 2 albums???

if this is the case then Biggie has one of the best catalogs in the history of hip-hop music bar none...(I don't really believe this because he doesn't have enough material to match up evenly against really any of the greats)...it's an unbalanced system mr.biscuit...how are you not getting this???

2 albums isn't enough material to include Biggie in the convo, but his ratings speak for themself. Again, you're straying off the path my friend. How is using averages(which represents every album) flawed? It's like comparing Rakim and KRS' discogs. Rakim may have the better discog cause he has a lot less average material than KRS, but KRS has more classics IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:37 pm

If you rank your top 4 from each it's even. Mine: Pac - Me Against The World, Makavelli, All Eyez On Me, Thug Life......Mobb - Infamous, Hell On Earth, Murda Muzik, H.N.I.C. Overall influence: Pac is a million miles above whoever is second. He reached that icon status that few do like kurt cobain to rock. People that don't care for hip hop worship him and so do the heads
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:00 pm

Red a your Pac fan so I wouldn't expect any less from your opinion (for the record I'm a Pac fan too)...and thats fine...in my opinion Mobb Deep's catalog is much better......not really concerned about the people that 'worship" him...not really sure how that has any relevance to catalogs???
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:11 pm

Liking mobb Deep more is fine. Thinking their discog is better is fine. The problem is that your ratings don't justify that conclusion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:15 pm

No worries powell i said it was even anyway in discogs
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:24 pm

Terry go eat chicken...I've already explained this 18 ways to Sunday and your still stuck on Monday my dude...it's a new week Terry...Welcome to it! Smile

The Infamous 5 stars

Hell On Earth 5 stars

Murda Muzik 5 stars

Me Against The World 5 stars

Makaveli 5 stars

Me Against The World 3 stars

oh shit I think I see a discrepancy...how about you Popeye's Fried Chicken And Biscuits???
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:35 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Terry go eat chicken...I've already explained this 18 ways to Sunday and your still stuck on Monday my dude...it's a new week Terry...Welcome to it! Smile

The Infamous 5 stars

Hell On Earth 5 stars

Murda Muzik 5 stars

Me Against The World 5 stars

Makaveli 5 stars

Me Against The World 3 stars

oh shit I think I see a discrepancy...how about you Popeye's Fried Chicken And Biscuits???

Why didn't you include Blood Money? Last time i checked, it was part of their catalog.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:50 pm

first 5 albums from both artists go like for me....this is when Pac was still living and could co-sign all of his work and of course Mobb was/is able to co-sign all of their work too!

2Pacalpyse Now-4 stars vs. Juvenile Hell-3 stars

Strictly 4 My N's-4.25 stars vs. The Infamous-5 stars

Me Against The World-5 stars vs. Hell On Earth-5 stars

All Eyez On Me-3 stars vs. Murda Muzik-5 stars

7 Day Theory-5 stars vs. Infamy-4 stars

so the total stars for each artist are 21.25 stars for 2Pac and 22 stars for Mobb Deep so it's not pronounced by any means, but for me Mobb Deep's catalog is still the better catalog...if this doesn't answer your questions Terry then that's about all I can do for you my dude...Smile

so you are right in that the discrepancy is not as large as I first thought but I'm right in that Mobb's catalog is still better for me IN MY OPINION!!! thank you God Bless and Good Night...On To The Next One! Smile
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:55 pm

D.Powell wrote:
first 5 albums from both artists go like for me....this is when Pac was still living and could co-sign all of his work and of course Mobb was/is able to co-sign all of their work too!

2Pacalpyse Now-4 stars vs. Juvenile Hell-3 stars

Strictly 4 My N's-4.25 stars vs. The Infamous-5 stars

Me Against The World-5 stars vs. Hell On Earth-5 stars

All Eyez On Me-3 stars vs. Murda Muzik-5 stars

7 Day Theory-5 stars vs. Infamy-4 stars

so the total stars for each artist are 21.25 stars for 2Pac and 22 stars for Mobb Deep so it's not pronounced by any means, but for me Mobb Deep's catalog is still the better catalog...if this doesn't answer your questions Terry then that's about all I can do for you my dude...Smile

so you are right in that the discrepancy is not as large as I first thought but I'm right in that Mobb's catalog is still better for me IN MY OPINION!!! thank you God Bless and Good Night...On To The Next One! Smile

No, you are cherry picking, and blatantly leaving out albums from Pac(Thug life) and Mobb Deep. It doesn't work that way.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:08 pm

I could add Thug Life which is 4 stars and also Amerikaz Nightmare which is 4.25 stars IMO...so Mobb still wins that way too.....Terry you need a hug baby bubba Smile
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:11 pm

again, where's Blood Money? It is part of their discog, right?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:13 pm

yes it is...but that one falls after the first 6 (Pac is already deceased now Terry)...where's Better Dayz it is part of his discography right?? how about Loyal To The Game???
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:15 pm

Those albums should not count against him, and you know it.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:15 pm

T. Myers wrote:

heres the thing, Mobb's 5 star albums may be miles above and beyond Pac's 5 star albums in Powell's mind. If you take that subjective feeling toward your favorite albums he can say that Mobb has the better catalob in his opinion. Not all 5 star albums are liked the same amount in peoples' minds. I bet if 5 stars wasnt the cap he would give some of those Mobb albums 6 or 7 stars compared to the Pac 5 star ones ones, balancing out the averages. Theres a level of subjective difference among 5 star albums
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:18 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

heres the thing, Mobb's 5 star albums may be miles above and beyond Pac's 5 star albums in Powell's mind. If you take that subjective feeling toward your favorite albums he can say that Mobb has the better catalob in his opinion. Not all 5 star albums are liked the same amount in peoples' minds. I bet if 5 stars wasnt the cap he would give some of those Mobb albums 6 or 7 stars compared to the Pac 5 star ones ones, balancing out the averages. Theres a level of subjective difference among 5 star albums

5 stars is 5 stars Slang. After that it boils down to preference. There is a difference in saying i prefer this catalog over anothers as opposed to saying this catalog is better than anothers catalog
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:22 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

5 stars is 5 stars Slang. After that it boils down to preference. There is a difference in saying i prefer this catalog over anothers as opposed to saying this catalog is better than anothers catalog

not really, there is a huge difference in 5 star albums themselves. Who says Powell cant rate the albums 6 stars if he so chooses to show the difference between them and the Pac ones?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:24 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

not really, there is a huge difference in 5 star albums themselves. Who says Powell cant rate the albums 6 stars if he so chooses to show the difference between them and the Pac ones?

No, perfect ratings are perfect ratings. a classic is a classic. It is possible to prefer one over another, but it is impossible to say one is superior to another
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:26 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

No, perfect ratings are perfect ratings. a classic is a classic. It is possible to prefer one over another, but it is impossible to say one is superior to another

thats bullshit, people can make the argument that a classic is superior to another classic. Thats essentially what magazines and TV shows do when they rank the top 100 albums in order. They are claiming them all as classic but ranking some as better than others
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:27 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

???????

Today Terry is pissed off and he's chosen me to fuck with in his effort to release it....Smile....there is a difference in Terry's mind in saying I prefer this catalog over another's as opposed to saying this catalog is better than that catalog"????

Umm okay Terry....I'll tell you what....I prefer the New York Giants over the Oakland Raiders...shit I'll do you one better The New York Giants are better than the Oakland Raiders....this is different in your eyes huh???

You need a nice hot bath and massage from the missus when you get home along with a huge bucket of sloppy greasy chicken!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:29 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

thats bullshit, people can make the argument that a classic is superior to another classic. Thats essentially what magazines and TV shows do when they rank the top 100 albums in order. They are claiming them all as classic but ranking some as better than others

CO-SIGNAGE.....Hey Terry your tired mane (mayne) and its showing...

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:30 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

TV shows take a lot into account including personal prefernce. it does not equal better. 5 stars will always be equal to 5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy   Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate Mobb Deep/Prodigy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next