Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The opening 3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:11 pm

KJ mentioned this in the thread for Follow The Leader the other day, about "Follow The Leader", "Microphone Fiend", and "Lyrics Of Fury" possibly being the best 3 opening songs back to back on any album. Any of you think there's another album (or albums) that may rival this one?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:14 pm

Yes, there are plenty. Raising Hell is better IMO, and it goes 4 songs deep. Peter Piper, It's Tricky, My Adidas, and Walk This Way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:14 pm

Now, do we count intros/interludes, or just the first three songs? Either way, MATW & Infamous >>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:15 pm

Steve wrote:
Now, do we count intros/interludes, or just the first three songs? Either way, MATW & Infamous >>>>>>>

Not counting intros/interludes, respectively.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:22 pm

I also prefer the opening 3 tracks on The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick, but those tracks(aside from Children Story) aren't as sexy as the Rakim tracks.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:25 pm

Straight Outta Compton is better to me as well.
Back to top Go down

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:33 pm

NWA SOC
Straight Outta Compton, Gangsta Gangsta, Fuck The Police>>>>>>>This is clearly the best and better than that Follow The Leader mention.

dead prez Lets Get Free
I'm A African, They Schools, Hip Hop

NWA- 4Life
Prelude, Real Niggaz Don't Die, Niggza4life
Back to top Go down

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:34 pm

Nice pick on the Dead Prez Kev I woulda forgotten them
Back to top Go down

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2010, 12:13 am

Straight Outta Compton would be hard to beat

Cypress Hill - Pigs, How I Could Just Kill A Man, Hand On The Pump was the first i thought of
Back to top Go down

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2010, 12:20 am

I still think Follow The Leaders first 3 are the best, but Raising Hell and SOC are good picks as well.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2010, 9:01 am

The Fix
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2010, 2:41 pm

nice pick with The Fix

how are people forgetting:

Reunited
For Heavens Sake
Cash Still Rules/Scary Hours
Visionz

Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2010, 4:04 pm

Both NWA's work for me

However, IMO still not better than the 3 from Follow The Leader.

When Niggaz 4 LIfe came out, Prelude, Real Niggaz Don't Die and Niggaz 4 Life was definitelty a good way to start out that album.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2010, 5:55 pm

good pick with the Cypress Hill

but I think Follow the Leader may actually win this one...that's a strong first 3 songs
Back to top Go down

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2010, 5:58 pm

Co-Sign Highsmith and Powell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The opening 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The opening 3   The opening 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The opening 3
Page 1 of 1