Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 5 albums released in 2005

Go down 
+9
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Alan
parker lewis
Jason
Laced With Slang
Shaun
Myestro
ctrx
T. Myers
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Top 5 albums released in 2005 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2005   Top 5 albums released in 2005 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 9:42 pm

Half wrote:
Myestro wrote:
The bolded part? My friend had a myspace friend from Indiana. They'd talk and all that, and he went out there for a weekend because there was some show in Indianapolis. He said that she's C-Rayz Walz's fiancee. This was a few years ago. And I have no idea if it's even true.

Thanks for clearing it up, when I first read it sounded like it was a dude.....lmao

Well, aren't most chicks on the internet really dudes? I never met her, so I wouldn't know. Ha!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2005   Top 5 albums released in 2005 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 9:50 pm

Myestro wrote:
Alan wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Alan wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Glue - Seconds Away...that would make my near misses too. I forgot about it for some reason.

Dope album. I own all the Adeem (Glue, solo, and Dorian Three) albums. At least 4 stars.

I've only heard this, and the other one I listed for 06. Can't remember the title off the top of my head (it's bedtime and I'm tired...) But I do think they're dope. Have to check out the rest sometime. My roommate went to some big concert in Indiana a few years ago. All I remember is KRS and Masta Ace were there, and his e-friend he met up with was/is engaged to C-Rayz Walz supposedly)... I digress. He said Glue was there, or he copped this album there (or maybe both). I fell in love with the song "Haunt" on first listen.

Wow, I kinda ramble when I'm tired. My bad.

It's a solid album no doubt. Honestly, my favorite from Adeem is the album "Down World, Up Songs" (2004) by Dorian Three. That's Adeem & Adverse on the rhymes. Don't discount Adverse at all. Both of these cats are part of the underground collective 12 Hobos started by Mr. Dibbs. Basically, a crew made up of battle emcees and DJs who shined a lot around 1996-2002...especially in the Scribble Jam battles (obviously I suppose...since we are talking about the Midwest). Anyway, Adeem & Adverse have excellent chemistry together. Great group aesthetic IMO. Straight banging boom bap inspired hip-hop. Also, the beats are tight as fuck, produced by DJ Shalem...also part of the 1200 Hobos. He's got a lot of real nice work actually. All in all, this is the best album in all 3 of the artists' catalogs. Takes the Glue out for sure IMO.

Anyway, I'm rambling now too. lol

Top 5 albums released in 2005 - Page 2 7674_b

That's cool though. I don't know much about em, other than I like the two Glue albums I've heard. I'll have to look into all that stuff.

If you dig Glue, You'd dig the Dorian Three. Way more bangers with the Dorian Three...as opposed to introspective cuts you get more of with the Glue. Both are different and have their strengths.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2005   Top 5 albums released in 2005 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 10:11 pm

DJ Muggs & GZA-Grandmasters
Kanye West-Late Registration
Common-Be
The Game-Documentary
Little Brother-Minstrel Show

Honorable:
Lil Kim-The Naked Truth
One Be Lo-SONOGRAM
Cage-Hell's Winter
Black Market Militia
Sean Price-Monkey Barz
Buckshot-Chemistry
Dangerdoom-Mouse and the Mask
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2005   Top 5 albums released in 2005 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 albums released in 2005
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2