Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie) Empty
PostSubject: Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)   Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 10:06 am

I was watching Goodbye Uncle Tom, and that movie was so disturbing. I couldn't help but wonder how the directors got the Black actors to do what they did throughout the movie. Some of the scenes were painful to watch. How did they get the naked little kid to jump up and down with the clamp while the slave was being dragged away to get his nuts cut off? The scene where they were getting "cleansed" was unreal too.

I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. Shaking My Head

I felt like having to go to work after watching Rosewood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)   Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 3:32 pm

I never seen it and looks like I do not need too.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)   Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 3:34 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I never seen it and looks like I do not need too.

LOL - I was thinking the same. I like to laugh at movies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)   Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 3:51 pm

a.scott wrote:
I couldn't help but wonder how the directors got the Black actors to do what they did throughout the movie.

It's called, Here's what were paying you for the scene. If your an actor, you have to be able to do any scene and play any role. Actors are compensated very well for what they do.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)   Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 4:05 pm

Marvelous Revival wrote:
Actors are compensated very well for what they do.

Not necessarily. Was this a big budget blockbuster?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)   Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 7:17 pm

Alan wrote:
Marvelous Revival wrote:
Actors are compensated very well for what they do.

Not necessarily. Was this a big budget blockbuster?

I know the film was done by some Italian dudes in the 70s. The movie was not played in the states due to its graphic content. I don't know if it ws a blockbuster overseas though.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)   Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 8:31 pm

What the hell is this flick about? Details.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)   Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 8:37 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
What the hell is this flick about? Details.

Here ya go...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)   Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 9:50 pm

Goodbye Uncle Tom was the most realistic and graphic movie of Slavery in history. It was banned in the US when it first came out due to the fact it had 14 year old girls naked. ut I feel the real reason is dat it would rile up emotions in blacks. Theres so much about slavery they didn't tell us. And slavery was more than free labor it was about playing God and brainwashing
people. The movie was filmed in Haiti and most of the actors were Haitian. The US would not allow a movie like to be made on US soil. So much for our freedom. The directors of this also made another disrurbing Black novie called Africa Adio. Bare in mind there's 2 versions of Goodbye UncleTom the sanitized version and the director's cut.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)   Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 11:34 pm

Why you think they wouldn't let them show The Spook Who Sat By the Door

(They feared inspiration)
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)   Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 10:54 am

I didn't see this film, and it sounds disturbing so I probably won't.

It sounds to me, though, that there may have been good intentions. Possibly the creators and actors of this film were thinking about awareness and the importance for this brutality to be recognized.

Again, I never saw it, so pardon me if I'm off for any reasons obvious to the viewer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)   Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attn: Trotter (or anybody who saw this movie)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: