Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M.I.A. Albums Day 18

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

M.I.A. Albums Day 18 Empty
PostSubject: M.I.A. Albums Day 18   M.I.A. Albums Day 18 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 7:24 am

Today we have had plenty of harmonizing emcees/singing b-boys from Bone to Z-Ro from TQ to DRS. But imo one west coast emcee married both worlds of singng and rapping like not many others. I truly feel he is one of the pioneers of that style. Domino and his self titled debut album Domino is a smooth ride down hip hop lane. I think a lot of people slept on this one but he actually sold a lot of records. Whats even more surprising is how for his debut he only had one maye two guest on the whole album. And for someone with this type of style to go for solo on the majority of his debut is dope.

M.I.A. Albums Day 18 00-domino-domino-1993-osm-front

Here's the major single off this album:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 18   M.I.A. Albums Day 18 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 7:26 am

I remember the Getto Jam joint. I used to like that back in the day. I also remember a joint called "Money Is Everything". I never owned the album though.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 18   M.I.A. Albums Day 18 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 7:29 am

I remember this joint...he was on Def Jam if I'm correct...he also had "Sweet Potato Pie" as the next single I think....that joint was bangin too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 18   M.I.A. Albums Day 18 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 7:30 am

D.Powell wrote:
I remember this joint...he was on Def Jam if I'm correct...he also had "Sweet Potato Pie" as the next single I think....that joint was bangin too!

Oh yeah, Sweet Potato Pie, I remember that one also.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 18   M.I.A. Albums Day 18 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 10:26 am

Yeeeeessssssss! Thank you for this, Kev. As soon as I pushed play on the video, I instantly reverted back to 10 years old watching Bill Bellamy on MTV Jams, wishing they played more Hip Hop than just 2 hours a day. I am going to get this album right meow.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 18   M.I.A. Albums Day 18 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 10:27 am

Love, love, love this album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 18   M.I.A. Albums Day 18 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 12:46 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Love, love, love this album.

Me too, I have it at 4.25 stars

Sweet Potato Pie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 18   M.I.A. Albums Day 18 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 4:09 pm

Long Beach Thang>>>>>>>>>>>>

I asked Slang to put this up for top 50 in the west, so it should be fairly soon. I'm glad he & Battlecat took this route rather than sticking with the Bangin' On Wax shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 18   M.I.A. Albums Day 18 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 4:42 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Long Beach Thang>>>>>>>>>>>>

I asked Slang to put this up for top 50 in the west, so it should be fairly soon. I'm glad he & Battlecat took this route rather than sticking with the Bangin' On Wax shit.

Hell yeah......Domino and gangsta shit does not mix but that smooth playa shit is his thang.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 18   M.I.A. Albums Day 18 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 4:49 pm

Agreed, Even though Domino was rapping too fast, that Bangin' On Wax beat Battlecat laced was still sav as phucc. I gotta go revisit that track now.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 18   M.I.A. Albums Day 18 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2010, 7:29 pm

I haven't heard the album, but I did have the "Ghetto Jam" single, with "Sweet Potato Pie" as the B-side. Always good for a trip down memory lane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 18   M.I.A. Albums Day 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M.I.A. Albums Day 18
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: