Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical

Go down 
+7
Alan
D.Powell
J. Harris
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
E. Taylor
Half
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Nov 2010, 10:04 am

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
I can see Kris and Cube being compared to an extent career wise. But I feel Cube had more highs than Krs easily.

As an actor he did but not musically IMO...those first 5 BDP efforts are very hard for any emcee to beat out IMO....those efforts combined with his first 2 solos are what separates KRS from others who have done it easily....Cube is no joke and has shined on many projects but musically I dont think he has been as good as Kris, it's close though, not a blowout by any means, thats for sure
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Nov 2010, 11:51 am

I finally listened to this album and I must say I am very impressed. I have no clue why it is getting such bad props on this forum. The beats bang and KRS sounds good on most songs. I can tell on a few he is kind of just going thru the motions but most of this is on point. Maybe some of you were expecting to much cause I was not not expecting anything.

Off one listen I like this better than Survival Skills. And its waaay better than I Am The West. I plan to buy a physical of this one.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Nov 2010, 12:18 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Nov 2010, 6:00 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
I finally listened to this album and I must say I am very impressed. I have no clue why it is getting such bad props on this forum. The beats bang and KRS sounds good on most songs. I can tell on a few he is kind of just going thru the motions but most of this is on point. Maybe some of you were expecting to much cause I was not not expecting anything.

Off one listen I like this better than Survival Skills. And its waaay better than I Am The West. I plan to buy a physical of this one.

ADMIN ABUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 9:31 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
I can see Kris and Cube being compared to an extent career wise. But I feel Cube had more highs than Krs easily.

It's pretty comparable, but I'll go with KRS for the overall career. Cube having more highs? Not sure I'd agree...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 1:09 am

hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 1:59 am

lmao @ the sig
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 2:01 am

Shaun wrote:
lmao @ the sig

Lmao because you still have a gay pokemon as your avatar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 2:01 am

He wasn't gay until Shaun caught him... lol... lame joke...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 2:04 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
He wasn't gay until Shaun caught him... lol... lame joke...

I would have laughed until you ruined it
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 8:40 pm

The more I listen to this LP, the more I'm diggin' it. I have the album at 4 stars. Basically, the only thing that's keeping it from 5 stars are the skits. There's too many of them and they screw up the flow of the album. Other then that, KRS sounds hungry and Tru Master's beats are on point. The two compliment each other very well. Although I would have liked to hear Meth, Ghostface or GZA rather then Capadonna.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical   Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tru Master and KRS - One - Metahistorical
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2