Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M.I.A. Albums Day 25

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

M.I.A. Albums Day 25 Empty
PostSubject: M.I.A. Albums Day 25   M.I.A. Albums Day 25 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:41 am

Okay I know nothing is anywhere near great or even that good about this group. I know they were as mainstream as mainstream can get and they were a gimmick. So I get all that. But I cannot deny the very dope produced 3rd album Kris Kross put together. One of the best produced hip hop albums maybe? They always had some decent deliveries and flows but combined with these beats they almost convince you they are a genuine hip hop grp. Young Rich & Dangerous was their way of getting out the kiddie shadow of their debut album and monster single "Jump". And imo they did a real good job plus its short and funky so that worked big time in their favor.

M.I.A. Albums Day 25 229829_2_f

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 25   M.I.A. Albums Day 25 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:52 am

Those are the only two songs i bump from this album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 25   M.I.A. Albums Day 25 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:57 am

lol @ one of the best produced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 25   M.I.A. Albums Day 25 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 1:18 am

This album was pretty dope production wise. Back then I had it at 4 stars but now I'd say 3.5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 25   M.I.A. Albums Day 25 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 1:32 am

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
This album was pretty dope production wise. Back then I had it at 4 stars but now I'd say 3.5.

Yeah I can see that. Back then I probably would have gave it a 4.25 or so but now its a 3.5-3.75 album. While the beats do bang they do not make you want to give it frequent listens. So average replay value brings it down some for me.

And I only skip one song on this whole album not including the skits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 25   M.I.A. Albums Day 25 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 7:48 am

This album was on radar for a VERY brief time, but I never got around to buying it.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 25   M.I.A. Albums Day 25 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 10:03 am

Never purchased or listened to a whole Kriss Kross album
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 25   M.I.A. Albums Day 25 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 11:58 am

I never heard the whole album but I did used to bump Tonites the Nite. Damn, now that I think about it, it was on an actual mix"tape", lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 25   M.I.A. Albums Day 25 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:40 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:

Yeah I can see that. Back then I probably would have gave it a 4.25 or so but now its a 3.5-3.75 album. While the beats do bang they do not make you want to give it frequent listens. So average replay value brings it down some for me.

And I only skip one song on this whole album not including the skits.

I feel ya, and I'm not gonna front but I actually liked Totally Krossed Out back then. Lyrically Kris Kross was nothing special (JD wrote their lyrics) but a lot of those songs had dope beats. It's not a GOAT album by any means but it was worth spinning. I still bump Jump and Warm It Up every now and then. I also bump Alright (from the album "Da Bomb") from time to time. That's my fav track from them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 25   M.I.A. Albums Day 25 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:50 pm

I use to hate everything they stood for..lol. When I was around 12 rapping and hoping to hit it big I felt they were just a bunch of gimmicky fruits. I even wrote a verse dissing them, I wish I would have kept it.

I like Da Bomb. Da Brat killed that song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 25   M.I.A. Albums Day 25 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 3:19 pm

whoever would have rated this 4 stars at any point is a crack baby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Albums Day 25   M.I.A. Albums Day 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M.I.A. Albums Day 25
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: