Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rakim's favorite new school rappers

Go down 
+4
Jason
D.Powell
Wanduras
EMJAY83
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Rakim's favorite new school rappers Empty
PostSubject: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 2:49 am

Luda
Jadakiss
Styles P

They do raps he could never do.

Notice no Lupe, KJ.

No Phonte, Powell.

http://www.hiphopsite.com/2010/08/26/rakim-almost-dissed-kane-on-let-the-rhythm-hit-em-video/

Last edited by Steve on Sat 28 Aug 2010, 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 2:50 am

That's weird, I thought Ra was a huge Em fan, too.
Back to top Go down
EMJAY83
Woof
Woof

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 10:26 am

Really? That's weird, why would he say that he could never rap like them? Maybe Luda's style is too different for him but none of those three are very complex. They seem like odd choices for Ra but def three dope spitters, though.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 10:28 am

^^^^^ That was supposed to be my comment...stupid Emjay left himself logged on my computer. Not that it matters to anyone but me, lol.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 10:29 am

Steve wrote:
Luda
Jadakiss
Styles P

Notice no Lupe, KJ.

No Phonte, Powell.

http://www.hiphopsite.com/2010/08/26/rakim-almost-dissed-kane-on-let-the-rhythm-hit-em-video/

I guess he forgot Vakill too huh Steven....kinda sucks don't it??
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 10:44 am

I can definitely see that Luda can do things that Rakim could never do, though I'm highly skeptical about Jada or Styles. I think he's wrong about that.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 10:48 am

Luda lyrically is a BEAST...I've said this before but no one paid attention and maybe there are certain things that he can do that Rakim can't and vice versa...but let's not get it twisted and say that Luda is better than Rakim because thats not happening.....

lyrically though Luda is tops from the southern hemisphere outside of Andre IMO...dude is a spit machine for sure!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 11:12 am

Luda is not no fucking lyrical beast. He's above average at best lyrically.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 11:34 am

KRob86 wrote:

LOL...I think your getting him confused with Scarface Kev.....now 'Face is above average lyrically but is a GREAT song creator...has one of the best catalogs if not the best....is a pioneering legend..etc..etc

but Luda is a lyrical beast believe that one my dude! he would outspit 'Face with his eyes closed and Wil-lay need not even show up to the battle...lol
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:03 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with Powell, Luda is a ridiculous spitter, there's no way Face could battle him or even just compare lines with him. Especially his faster flows, which is what Rakim wouldn't be able to keep up with head to head. Face def gets more of my respect as an artist, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:09 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Steve wrote:
Luda
Jadakiss
Styles P

Notice no Lupe, KJ.

No Phonte, Powell.

I guess he forgot Vakill too huh Steven....kinda sucks don't it??

LOL exactly Powell!

And Steve, those guys aren't in Rakim's league lyrically AT ALL. None of them have ever dropped a consensus classic album as of yet. Sure, one can make a case for Luda's first two but they aren't on the level of Rakim's first three. And Don't Sweat The Technique is as good or better than anything else in Luda or the LOX's entire catalog.

All that being said, I'm not surprised that Rakim likes those guys, they're among my favorite new school MC's as well.

And to Jeff, Rakim loves Eminem. I saw a YouTube video a year and a half ago with him saying that if Em were black he'd be the biggest star in hip-hop right now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:13 pm

Look at my top 20, I don't see Vakill there, do you? I could give a fuck if Rakim shouts him or anyone out.

And KJ, they are all better lyrically. Each and every one. Hence why he said they rap like he can't. I don't know why you're coming at me anyway with some BS, talk to Rakim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:18 pm

That's because you have permanent NYC blinders on, LOL.

Start watching at 2:10

"That's the type of rap I can't do"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:18 pm

Damn...KJ deleted his post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:26 pm

Steve wrote:
That's because you have permanent NYC blinders on, LOL.

Start watching at 2:10

"That's the type of rap I can't do"

"Type of rap" can be deciphered different ways. It doesn't mean that they're better lyrically, it just means that they have a different style. I can see where he's coming from there. Luda weaves in and out of tracks like a boxer, and Jada and Styles rhyme about crack and hustlin. That's something Rakim never did. Just because they did a different type of rap doesn't make them better lyricists though.

None of those guys have dropped anything as lyrical as Microphone Fiend, My Melody, I Ain't No Joke, Know The Ledge, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:27 pm

Yes they have. A lot of rap today has. You can't differentiate between the two so we will disagree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 12:34 pm

Steve wrote:
Yes they have. A lot of rap today has. You can't differentiate between the two so we will disagree.

I can differentiate but since neither of us are gonna change our opinion then we'll just agree to disagree. But one thing is a fact....when GOAT MC's are discussed, Rakim shows up far more often than any of those guys and that's not a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 1:07 pm

Why don't you post some of these Styles verses that top Rakim's best work. I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 1:21 pm

I don't get how Jada and Styles are 'new school' emcees...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 1:22 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

LOL...I think your getting him confused with Scarface Kev.....now 'Face is above average lyrically but is a GREAT song creator...has one of the best catalogs if not the best....is a pioneering legend..etc..etc

but Luda is a lyrical beast believe that one my dude! he would outspit 'Face with his eyes closed and Wil-lay need not even show up to the battle...lol

Well Powell you must have loved Mother Goose books and nursury rhymes win you were just a little new yorker learning how to say "mommy" and "word, son" at the same time. Because Luda punchlines are so fucking preditable and corny at times. I think you got his dope delivery mixed up with great lyricism. He says nothing mind blowing or nothing original that a million other fucking punchline rappers have not already said.

The true reason a lot of you east coasters think he is so great is because he's in the same vein of a lot of your hero's he just talks a lot of shit about nothing. Just a lot of simple ass punchlines like "I'll tap on your ass as if I was Gregory Hines" or some lame shit like that you go ape shit like thats really that lyrical. Seriously post me some of these "lyrical beast" verses. I want to see it and not just to talk down on it, maybe i'm missing something.

The big difference between Face and Ludacris lyrically?

When Face rap's people listen with their hearts and souls when Luda raps people are usually dancing or just laughing at his silly lines.

Yeah sure Luda may beat him battle rhyming, but we all know thats not Face's thing. So whats the point of even going there.

Last edited by KRob86 on Sat 28 Aug 2010, 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 1:58 pm

'I'm just a victim of society it's Chris the menace, with more shit out on the streets than evicted tenants'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 3:00 pm

Jason wrote:
Why don't you post some of these Styles verses that top Rakim's best work. I'm curious.

He can't, because there aren't any. Luda and Jada don't have any either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 3:19 pm

Shaun wrote:
'I'm just a victim of society it's Chris the menace, with more shit out on the streets than evicted tenants'

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 3:22 pm

I don't get how that line helps your case that he's not a dope lyricist. A good punchline with a double rhyme at the end?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 3:24 pm

"seven plus seven plus seven plus seven, DAMN, that's a whole lot of sevens"
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 3:30 pm

KRob86 wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Well Powell you must have loved Mother Goose books and nursury rhymes win you were just a little new yorker learning how to say "mommy" and "word, son" at the same time. Because Luda punchlines are so fucking preditable and corny at times. I think you got his dope delivery mixed up with great lyricism. He says nothing mind blowing or nothing original that a million other fucking punchline rappers have not already said.

The true reason a lot of you east coasters think he is so great is because he's in the same vein of a lot of your hero's he just talks a lot of shit about nothing. Just a lot of simple ass punchlines like "I'll tap on your ass as if I was Gregory Hines" or some lame shit like that you go ape shit like thats really that lyrical. Seriously post me some of these "lyrical beast" verses. I want to see it and not just to talk down on it, maybe i'm missing something.

The big difference between Face and Ludacris lyrically?

When Face rap's people listen with their hearts and souls when Luda raps people are usually dancing or just laughing at his silly lines.

Yeah sure Luda may beat him battle rhyming, but we all know thats not Face's thing. So whats the point of even going there.

Kev you know damn well that Luda is saying much more than cat and fuckin rat man....thats how your boy Too Short emcees not Luda...so kill that.....like I said LYRICALLY Luda will eat 'Face up like a sandwich....subject matter/content then 'Face wins going away.....catalog wise 'Face wins going away....career wise 'Face wins going away....but LYRICALLY Luda would kill him and so would Jada and so would Prodigy too for that matter.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 3:49 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Jason wrote:

He can't, because there aren't any. Luda and Jada don't have any either.

I have Jason on ignore, he does nothing but argue and talk about terrible rap, so I didn't see that. Ill post some in a bit, let me listen.

And you said none, so I only need to find one single solitary Luda, Jada, or Styles verse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 4:08 pm

Styles P:

self made boss, see a vision follow it, go hard and work til the works pays off/
im comin out night if i took the day off, it's the game of my life, so i won't play soft

You heard it from the P, you oughta know it's the truth
I get you kidnapped and raped and thrown off a roof
You could nod your head to this like it's only a rap
Cause when these bullets hit yo' ass I'm like it's only a gat
I need a funeral to feel good, I'm hopin it's yours
Think he religious? Heard he got shot in the cross
Holiday Styles, bitch I broke most of the laws
Fuck with the Porsche or flip to the boots, stick to the truth
Do anything it takes just to get me this loot
And missin a tooth, but both of 'em chipped, toaster is gripped
You heard about the trouble, I start most of the shiit
When I squeeze ain't no controllin the wrist
And bunnies leave the room when they hear the P flowin to Swizz
I'm an ignorant and negative bunny
I sell crack, bust guns, pop shiit and say I'm better than bunnies
You think not, I'll look at your man and level a bunny

Should I say hello
or should I say that hell is low
Am I n!gga or a negro?
I'm an African American
They sell drugs in the hood
but the man he move the medicine
He'll prescribe you all-med for everything
A little stuffy nose tell you get some Claritin
You know I'm hip to it
and its hard to claim the land
When my great great great grands were shipped to it
look at technology they call it downloading
I call it downsizing somebody follow me
Does a computer chip have an astrology
And when it fukk up could it give you an apology (Could it?)
Should it say hello or should it say goodbye
Try to understand how smart and how hood am I
It don't matter though
Until we learn that the world don't turn right
We all oughta the scatter though

They dont need a coroner...
BLowin nigggas to pieces and put em in a pot let em cook like a foreigner (do you get the meaning here...Rakim never did shit like this...nah ya dont I bet)

"Spittin to live, two bullets hittin your ribs
You christen your kids, I let my son listen to B.I.G.
I won't stop til a thousand *****s fit in my crib
I won't be happy til my last ***** finish his bid
All on the top, yeah you could ball in a drop
I'd rather, ball in a yacht, no callin the cops "

"If I knew heaven had a ghetto that was sweeter than here
You know P would pack his bag and just leave next year
but I got a son to raise
So I'ma stay in this hell and I gotta gun to blaze if you play the L.O.X dot at the end"

"I lick shots at intruders
Take the coke money and invest in computers
Tryin' to reach the next level, Rolex with the ice bezel
Coming through the ghetto, in a Porsche Carrero
But for now I'll play the back of the cruiser
Light another sack for the three time losers
Pour out some beer, bust out the ruger
Ladies and gentleman
Bullets will leave you tremblin, shooken up"

Jada:

"Ain't ya'll heard? Ya'll get what ya'll deserved
Ya'll do the catering, while we just get served
And you got some nerve, for P-Hing
Jason, do you have any idea who you facing?
Just something about my shit, you'll never figure out
It's hot it's burning my mouth, that's why I spit it out
It must be, real hard for ya'll to listen
And it's sad, bunnies is to broke to pay attention "

"Think about it those was the best days, on the phone wit shorties while u ironing ya clothes 4 the next day, lunch money turned into pack money, dudes i was cool wit is startin 2 act funny, honies wanna hit, so they startin 2 scrap 4 me, imagine what its gon be when i get this rap money"
"I listen 2 bunnies cds & git my smerk on, then tell myself there's nothing i have 2 work on"
"Me, Sheek & Styles is like 4 5 6 so whatever u roll u cant beat that"
"I'm caked up wit whips & guess what i got more nutz than chips, and they gon melt rite in yo mouth & not in yo hand, u understand u aint my girl & im not yo man, but do u still wanna lik me, or is it becuz im a six figgy niggy and i know biggie, and i dont mess wit no fat ladies, but if u pay like u weigh then u can stay baby"
"cocaine distributor, heroin bar deliverer, in the paint or out on the perimemter, life's a bitch but u gotta learn how 2 live wit her"
"J to the MUUAAHHH, and everything u got in ya living room i got in my car except 4 the bar"
"word on the street they say yall bitch, i let the AR spit, i b gettin higher than J.R. Smith"
"I knew u would turn pussy cuz u been a kitten"

"bunnies making a movie, so I came to edit
Wiping everybody out, right before the credits
I'm a hard guy to get along with, get on a song with
When shit be going right, I flip into the wrong shit
The prime artist, expect me to rhyme hardest
Slash con artist, gonna get mine regardless
I ain't even big and I size bunnies up
Cuz they eyes give em up, look at em and see they butt "

"Now what the fuck ya'll think I make music for
And I'm out ta get a gallon ah water
My man on lock down Flood the alley with quarters
Move work from Denver to DC like Portis
O.T the whole winter see me like august
And I still rip a bunny beat like I bought it
They say it's my time so I'm glad I caught it
My bars could be smoked in the pipe or snorted
I'm just makin it clizear
The chizamp is hizere
The Gizame is Mizine bunnies
This His Year
Glock with a full clip
Ya'll keep droppin that bullshit
Til you get popped like a bull whip"

what you got? some simple multis, cool, post em up. im just gettin warmed up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 4:26 pm

LMAO....That's the best you got???

Rakim's got many that destroy that, but I'll go with my personal favorite Microphone Fiend.....

I was a fiend before I became a teen
I melted microphone instead of cones of ice cream
Music orientated so when hip-hop was originated
Fitted like pieces of puzzles, complicated
'Cause I grabbed the mic and try to say, " Yes y'all!"
They tried to take it, and say that I'm too small
Cool, 'Cause I don't get upset
I kick a hole in the speaker, pull the plug, then I jet
Back to the lab ...without a mic to grab
So then I add all the rhymes I had
One after the other one, then I make another one
To dis the opposite then ask if the brother's done
I get a craving like I fiend for nicotine
But I don't need a cigarette, know what I mean?
I'm raging, ripping up the stage and
Don't it sound amazing 'cause every rhyme is made and
Thought of, Cuz it's sort of...an addiction,
Magnatized by the mixing
Vocals, vocabulary, your verses, you're stuck in
The mic is a drano, volcanoes erupting,
Rhymes overflowing, gradually growing
Everything is written in the cold, so it can coin-
cide, my thoughts to guide,
48 tracks to slide
The invincible, microphone fiend Rakim
Spread the word, 'cause I'm in
E-F-F-E-C-T
A smooth operator operating correctly,
But back to the problem, I gotta habit,
You can't solve it, silly rabbit
The prescription is a hypertone that's thorough when
I fiend for a microphone like herion
Soon as the bass kicks, I need a fix
Gimme a stage and a mic and a mix
And I'll put you in a mood or is it a state of
unawareness? Beware, it's the reanamator!
A menace to a microphone, a lethal weapon
An assasinator, if the people ain't stepping
You see a part of me that you never seen
When I'm fiending for a microphone, I'm the microphone fiend...

[Verse 2:]
After 12, I'm worse that a Gremlin
Feed me Hip-hop and I start trembling
The thrill of suspense is intense, your horrified
But this ain't the cinemas of "Tales From the Darkside",
By any means neccesary, this is what has to be done
Make way 'cause here I come....
My DJ cuts material....
Grand imperial.
It's a must that I bust any mic you're hand to me,
It's inherited, it's runs in the family
I wrote the rhyme that broke the bull's back,
If that don't slow 'em up, I carry a full pack.
Now I don't want to have to let off, you should of kept off
You didn't keep the stage warm, step off!
Ladies and Gentleman, You're about to see
A pasttime hobby about to be
Take it to the maximum, I can't relax see, I'm
Hype as a hyperchrondriac 'cause the rap be one-
Hell of a antidote, something you can't smoke
More than dope, you're trying to move away but you can't, you're broke
More than cracked up, you should have backed up
For those who act up need to be more than smacked up
Any entertainer, I got a torture chamber
One on one and I'm the remainder!
So close your eyes and hold your breath,
And I'm a hit'cha wit the blow of death
Before you go, you'll remember you seen
The fiend of a microphone, I'm the microphone fiend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 4:28 pm

"one after the other one and then I write another one"

C'mon son, get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. That's Souljah Boi level wackness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 4:30 pm

Dude, that's NOT lyrical KJ.

Average by today's standards, average.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 4:36 pm

Shaun wrote:
I don't get how that line helps your case that he's not a dope lyricist. A good punchline with a double rhyme at the end?

Shaun while its a dope line no doubt any average to above average battle/punchline type emcee would come up with that. Thats not lyrical beast to me.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 4:41 pm

Jeff wrote:
"call me country, call me sweetheart"

C'mon son, get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. That's HAYSTAK level wackness.

CO-SIGNAGE!!
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 4:56 pm

Maybe this is a matter of Rakim not being a punchline rapper, because that's the only thing I see someone like Jada delivering that Rakim doesn't do well, while Rakim has better ability in structuring a verse with different poetic techniques.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 6:48 pm

Shaun wrote:
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 6:51 pm

Get over it guys. Rakim is just admitting what any objective listener already knows. His achievements have been used as building blocks atop which 30 years of constant growth and innovation has been stacked.

Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 6:54 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking that too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 6:59 pm

some people define old school ending in like 87

then golden era from 88 to like 94?

so anything 1995 and on would have to be something else... new school? though usually new school is a changing definition attached to the latest and the hottest... with 13 years in the game, the lox are definitely vets... what do we call their era?
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 7:04 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
some people define old school ending in like 87

then golden era from 88 to like 94?

so anything 1995 and on would have to be something else... new school? though usually new school is a changing definition attached to the latest and the hottest... with 13 years in the game, the lox are definitely vets... what do we call their era?

The late Cretaceous Period.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 8:08 pm

Lyrics of Fury >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any verse spit by those 3 combined
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 9:09 pm

Not according to Rakim...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 4:12 am

My 13 year old nephew has better taste in hip-hop than SRP, Steve, Jeff, Tran, Parker, Yogi, and several others in this forum.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 11:45 am

Funny thing is, your 13 year old nephew has accomplished as much in life as you have. Who will move out from mommy and daddy's house first and break the tie?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 2:30 pm

Steve wrote:
Funny thing is, your 13 year old nephew has accomplished as much in life as you have. Who will move out from mommy and daddy's house first and break the tie?

What the fuck do you know about what I've accomplished in life? Who the fuck are you to judge me? You don't know shit about me so shut the fuck up. You haven't changed at all. You might have fooled others into thinking you have, but I saw right through you. You think that you're superior to others when the truth is that you're just another dude like everybody else. I don't care what you think of me personally, but I'm not gonna sit here and let you or anybody else in this forum degrade me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 2:35 pm

You just said a 13 year old had better tastes in rap than we did. You shot first, pal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 2:43 pm

Steve wrote:
You just said a 13 year old had better tastes in rap than we did. You shot first, pal.

Yeah well, he's more open minded than y'all are. Y'all have this attitude that everything new is superior to everything old, and that's not the case.

The fact of the matter is, in the 80's you didn't have to dig through the crates to find good hip-hop, it was readily available. Nowadays you have to rely on the internet to find dopeness because radio and TV stations are giving them little to no airplay. I can go on all day on this topic, but that's the biggest issue I have with today's hip-hop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 2:44 pm

And nobody is disagreeing with you at all. Except for...

Nobody said everything new is superior to everything old, not once, except maybe Kid Joe. And who fuckin' cares if he does? Someone accepting something new as better than old makes them close-minded? How's that?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 3:18 pm

KJ, you make assumptions about Tran ALL the time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 3:19 pm

Shaun wrote:

Tran has confirmed those assumptions. He's openly admitted that his old school knowledge is limited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 3:21 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Tran has confirmed those assumptions. He's openly admitted that his old school knowledge is limited.

Prove it or shut up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rakim's favorite new school rappers   Rakim's favorite new school rappers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rakim's favorite new school rappers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: