Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive

Go down 
5 posters

Which is better
2Pac - All Eyez on Me
Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Vote_lcap83%Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Vote_rcap
 83% [ 10 ]
Grand Puba - Retroactive
Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Vote_lcap17%Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage

Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Empty
PostSubject: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 4:28 pm

Powell says Retroactive is better...LMAO

What ya got
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 5:00 pm

LMAO!! another Steven moment

PAC LIVES and he's on this hip-hop forum...I'm calling paparazzi, maybe I can make some money on this shit or something!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 5:14 pm

LOL at this even being a debate
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 5:40 pm

Lmmfao at this even being a topic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 6:10 pm

This Thread Sucks 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 6:11 pm

You suck.

Anyway I just like Powell knowing how out of touch he is.

And Illmatic <<<<<<<<
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 6:36 pm

AEOM is better...but this is coming from Joseph, the "kid" who has slaine in his top 10...but Powell's the one who's outta touch...c'mon now DAWG!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 6:42 pm

I do like Retroactive, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 7:25 pm

Steve should be Powell's best friend. He humors him.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 10:08 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 10:15 pm

See everybody? Powell really does have a sense of humor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 5:19 am

I don't know what this thread proves, but whatever makes you feel good Steve

and Illmatic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Powell's not out of touch, y'all are.

You're all prisoners of the moment. Like the kids growing up today who think the guys who are on the radio today are dope MC's. The only difference between you and them is that they're too young to know about digging through the crates.

I just don't see what makes these post 2000 dudes better than the 80's dudes. 1988 arguably had more classics than the entire past 10 years combined. Most of you guys saying that the 2000's are better never even bothered to post top 5's for any year before 1990 (and that either points out a lack of knowledge, lack of respect, or both) You guys never lived in the era that myself, Powell, and Highsmith did so you don't hold it as highly.

And I don't wanna hear that "It doesn't matter when we started listening" because it DOES matter. It's a known fact that most people that didn't grow up knowing about certain artists aren't gonna feel the same way about them as those that did. Some will, but most won't.

Nostalgia plays a major factor when it comes to music. For example, I like old school R&B and respect it a great deal, but I'm partial to hip-hop music (which is my fav genre) and R&B from my generation because I grew up listening to it even though Earth Wind & Fire has become my favorite R&B group of all time. While 80's R&B is my fav, I'd still take R&B from the 70's and before that over 2000's R&B because that genre has declined this decade just like hip-hop has. Also, even though I really liked Bobby Brown in his prime, I know that he's not as good as Stevie Wonder or Marvin Gaye (two more favs of mine).

I'm sure that this will go in one ear and out the other with most dudes here but it's whatever. I'm just giving my 2 cents. Hopefully, at least one person can see where I'm coming from. If not then fuck it, I know that I kept it real.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 11:14 am

Yes, Steve saying an album that came out 14 years ago is better than one that came out last year makes him a prisoner of the moment.

If you are going to post pointless dribble at least make an effort to make it relevant to the topic.

You woke up on the wrong side of your race car bed, KJ. Take a few moments to calm down, finish your sippy cup of juicy juice, and come back when you've composed yourself.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 12:17 pm

chib-up-a JANG!!!!......bitch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug 2010, 2:32 pm

It's pointless dribble to people like you and Parker because unless someone is agreeing with you, it goes in one ear and out the other. Whatever fools, stay ignorant.

Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 9:55 pm

No knock against Pac at all. It just isn't one of my favorites from him. I'd probably be more likely to spin Retroactive these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive   Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which album is better AEOM or Grand Puba - Retroactive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: