Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.

Go down 
5 posters

Which One?
One guest
Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Vote_lcap29%Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Multi guest
Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Vote_lcap29%Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
No camp/labelmate features
Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Vote_lcap21%Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Go all out
Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Vote_lcap21%Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Empty
PostSubject: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 7:21 am

Just a few questions.....

Should I only nominate songs featuring one guest?

Should I ignore songs that feat. guest part of said artist camp? For example Master P feat. Mia X Bout It Bout It.

Or should I just go all out and if the person(s) is not apart of said artist group no limits? For example LL Cool J's 4,3,2,1 feat multi guest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 7:23 am

Oh and please feel free to vote for more than one option you see fit.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:06 am

I see what you're saying about Mia X, but i don't think that would always be accurate. For instance, ATCQ and LONS are from the same camp, but most people would agree that Busta's verse on Scenario is a great guest spot. Personally, i wouldn't put restrictions on this. More often than not, people will know what verse/artist you are referring to when you nominate a song. you would have more than one guest verse on Live At The BBQ, but people automatically know it's Nas' verse that is in question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:11 am

I feel you but this is about the overall guest and vibe of the song not one individual guest appearance. Like what you said about Nas being the focal of Live At I say all the guest should be taken into account. Or whatever I guess its up to the listener to choose why they voted said trk into top whatever.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:18 am

I think it would be a little too difficult to go all out, because you would have to evaluate multiple rappers/verses etc. One guest is my vote, but multi guest could work too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:51 am

My vote is for one guest and multi guests.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:18 am

I say go all out. We're just judging songs with guest appearances right?? On the thread we can discuss who we think had the best verse on the chosen song.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:22 am

wait, i thought we were judging just the "guest appearances". That would cause me to change my vote on Renegade.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:23 am

We aren't judging the songs but the guest performances
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:28 am

I said one guest and multi-guest, but only if the aim is to name the best feature of the multiple guests - single features are better tho
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:37 am

With all of the opinions that we have in this forum, I see no reason not to go all out. I understand what you are saying about the inhouse guest appearances. Like I wouldn't consider Shadowboxin' a guest appearance because it's GZA and Meth. However, somebody else may think that it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 12:34 pm

[quote="Highsmith"]With all of the opinions that we have in this forum, I see no reason not to go all out. I understand what you are saying about the inhouse guest appearances. Like I wouldn't consider Shadowboxin' a guest appearance because it's GZA and Meth. However, somebody else may think that it is.[/quote]

And see thats here it can get crazy. I say one guest or multi guest but no grp features like the ones above. Camp features should be a go.

Also I say rate the trk on whatever criteria you deem fit.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 6:30 pm

[quote="KRob86"]
Highsmith wrote:
With all of the opinions that we have in this forum, I see no reason not to go all out. I understand what you are saying about the inhouse guest appearances. Like I wouldn't consider Shadowboxin' a guest appearance because it's GZA and Meth. However, somebody else may think that it is.[/quote]

And see thats here it can get crazy. I say one guest or multi guest but no grp features like the ones above. Camp features should be a go.

Also I say rate the trk on whatever criteria you deem fit.

I agree with no label mate/group features. Even though it means Cappadonna will miss out for Winter Warz. Sad

I also think multi guests spots is fine, but we should specify just one of that group to focus on. i.e. A feat. B, C & D where we all vote on C, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 6:48 pm

i think ONLY the guest appearance/verse should be judged. And i think KRob should denote which verse is being judged in his nominations if there is multi-guests. FOR EXAMPLE, if you nominate Live at the BBQ you should indicate that its Nas' verse we are voting on. This thread SHOULD be judging the MC on the track, essentially to figure out the top 50 guest verses/appearances in hip hop. Obviously how good the song is is partly due to their gust spot, but this thread should be for rating the guest verse ONLY.

Examples of nominations in MY OPINION should look like this:

Example 1: Main Source - Live at the BBQ, guest appearance to judge: Nas

Example 2: Big Pun - Tres Leches, guest to judge: Prodigy, then if you wanted to nominate Deck's appearance that SHOULD be a separate nomination that would look like this:

Example 3: Big Pun - Tres Leches; guest to judge: Inspectah Deck
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:02 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
i think ONLY the guest appearance/verse should be judged. And i think KRob should denote which verse is being judged in his nominations if there is multi-guests. FOR EXAMPLE, if you nominate Live at the BBQ you should indicate that its Nas' verse we are voting on. This thread SHOULD be judging the MC on the track, essentially to figure out the top 50 guest verses/appearances in hip hop. Obviously how good the song is is partly due to their gust spot, but this thread should be for rating the guest verse ONLY.

Example 2: Big Pun - Tres Leches, guest to judge: Prodigy, then if you wanted to nominate Deck's appearance that SHOULD be a separate nomination that would look like this:

Essentially what I was going for. So we are in agreement!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:19 pm

Myestro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Essentially what I was going for. So we are in agreement!

exactly, if you dont do it that way then theres not point cuz then its just essentially rating the song, and not the guest appearance, would defeat the purpose of the entire thread
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:20 pm

I say use YOUR own criteria on why you vote. Of course the guest is the focal point of the vote but you betta believe other factors will come into play with peoples vote. You cannnot control opinions and personal choice.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:21 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I say use YOUR own criteria on why you vote. Of course the guest is the focal point of the vote but you betta believe other factors will come into play with peoples vote. You cannnot control opinions and personal choice.

I hear ya man. All I was saying was if you use a song featuring more than one guest, we should specify which guest is the focal point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:39 pm

KRob86 wrote:

Coming from the man who tried to control how everyone voted for top rapper/group, that's laughable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:18 pm

Myestro wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I hear ya man. All I was saying was if you use a song featuring more than one guest, we should specify which guest is the focal point.

I say all guest appearances are to be rated. They all added something to the greatness or dismiss of that said trk. How was the vibe? Did the guest enhance the song?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 12:23 am

KRob86 wrote:
Myestro wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I say all guest appearances are to be rated. They all added something to the greatness or dismiss of that said trk. How was the vibe? Did the guest enhance the song?

i still think the guest to be voted on should be specified, i want to judge a dope verse/hook by a guest and how he enhanced the song, and at the end of this i want to be able to say X rapper had the best guest appearance of all time according to this forum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.   Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guest Appearance Polls Questions? Need opinions.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: