Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Western Rap Pro

Go down 
+4
yOGi420™
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
Half
8 posters

Who ya got
Rompedoutcutthroat
Western Rap Pro Vote_lcap0%Western Rap Pro Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yogi420
Western Rap Pro Vote_lcap50%Western Rap Pro Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
KRob86
Western Rap Pro Vote_lcap21%Western Rap Pro Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
SRP
Western Rap Pro Vote_lcap21%Western Rap Pro Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Steve
Western Rap Pro Vote_lcap7%Western Rap Pro Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Lounge
Western Rap Pro Vote_lcap0%Western Rap Pro Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 10:03 pm

Rompedoutcutthroat
Yogi420
KRob86
SRP
Steve
Lounge
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 10:08 pm

Yogi because he lives there and is dedicated to Rich the Factor
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 10:51 pm

Between Yogi and Romped. Yogi comes up with the most obscure recs so I guess he gets the knod
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 11:21 pm

Yogi
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 12:25 am

yOGi420™ he knows the west shit He He
Back to top Go down

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:08 am

Rich the Factor is from Kansas City.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 7:38 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Rich the Factor is from Kansas City.

I never said he was west coast
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 7:48 am

I'm going with KRob here....Kev is dedicated too 2 coasts....the south and the west and not necessarily in that order

Yogi and Romped live out there and like too much damn Mac Dre and E-40 for these ears....but Kev is a much more diverse listener than those 2 dudes IMO....Kev is playing E-40, Short Dogg, Ice Cube, Dr.Dre, Above The Law, Dj Quik, MC Ren, Spice 1, 2Pac, The Pharcyde, Tha Liks, West Side Connection, and a bunch of other ground breaking west coast acts....I'll bet Yogi and Romped don't even like a bunch of those names just mentioned.....

K.Rob wins
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:20 am

I listen to more west coast shit than all of these fools. lol

Maybe not, but it's easily my most listened to coast for a number of years now.
Back to top Go down

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:29 am

I listen to more west coast shit than pounds and yOGi420™ combined....oregon stand up!!!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:32 am

I did end up voting for you, SRP...
Back to top Go down

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:37 am

I was just joking. People don't realize that between murs and living legends you probably put their entire west coast collection to shame. I wouldn't probably vote yOGi420™ or romped because even if they my homies, they tend to lean towards the bay side. Kev stopped peeping for new west coast albums in 2000 and Lounge before then. Steve, is well steve, unless Ras Kass is the entire west coast, he is far from a pro. So that leaves me and you. I flipped a coin and you won, but I voted for myself anyways. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:42 am

You may have the more diverse catalog though. You have way more gangsta shit than me, but I think I may have (or at least listen to) more of the west coast underground. Possibly. lol

And who is from Oregon? I can only think of that Illmaculate dude that won Scribble Jam years back.
Back to top Go down

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:45 am

sandpeople
cool nutz
Back to top Go down

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:45 am

did you ever check out d-sisive alan?
Back to top Go down

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:47 am

^^^^ Fuck that shit.

People on their own dicks (SRP & Pounds) HARD in this thread. SRP just moved to the West so he doesn't even know any local shit.

If you want some good Oregon rappers btw Pounds peep Leecel & jonyjaqk, you would like those two.

ANd, get over yourselves.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:50 am

Half wrote:
Yogi because he lives there and is dedicated to Rich the Factor

Btw half. Rtf is from kc mo. That would not qualify someone to be a west pro. Laughing My Ass Off but maybe knowing that might qualify me for knowing my shit. Hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:50 am

I moved to seattle, I hardly consider that the west coast... and I still ain't moved yet. Don't be mad cuz the only cat you would win is kp and ras kass anal sex pro.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:57 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
sandpeople
cool nutz

Sandpeople are from Oregon? I got one of their albums but thought they were from CA. I also have Luckyiam & Spient's (of Sandpeople) collab album under the name The Prime. The album was "One-Uppers" and is pretty damn good. I think they have a second one dropping soon.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 12:00 pm

D.Powell wrote:
I'm going with KRob here....Kev is dedicated too 2 coasts....the south and the west and not necessarily in that order

Yogi and Romped live out there and like too much damn Mac Dre and E-40 for these ears....but Kev is a much more diverse listener than those 2 dudes IMO....Kev is playing E-40, Short Dogg, Ice Cube, Dr.Dre, Above The Law, Dj Quik, MC Ren, Spice 1, 2Pac, The Pharcyde, Tha Liks, West Side Connection, and a bunch of other ground breaking west coast acts....I'll bet Yogi and Romped don't even like a bunch of those names just mentioned.....

K.Rob wins

As far as all the artists u named off I pretty much OWN their whole discogs! I rec md cuz he's way underrated. As far as ground breakers I have all their shit and listen to it. I do like nor cal shit a lot cuz of how pimpin the beats they make are. You prolly won't hear me plain a lot of the backpack stuff in my ride cuz it just don't sound right on a good system. Save that stuff for chill in at home but I got it too. I kinda doubt that anyone here has even half the west coast catalogue I got except maybe romped, and that is cuz I gave him his and constantly give him updates when we play doms. Sorry for thrown u under the bus b but I know no one can really stand with me on this one.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 3:34 pm

No, I give you all the credit for keping me updated Yogi, You get my vote for sure. Powell of course we like all that stuff, but we try not to dwell in the past too much. In Cali we do it moving as they say.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 5:33 pm

Well put romped
Back to top Go down

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 7:36 pm

I'll go with Mr Gangsta Rap, Kevin Robinson
Back to top Go down

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 7:42 pm

yOGi420™ wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

K.Rob wins

As far as all the artists u named off I pretty much OWN their whole discogs! I rec md cuz he's way underrated. As far as ground breakers I have all their shit and listen to it. I do like nor cal shit a lot cuz of how pimpin the beats they make are. You prolly won't hear me plain a lot of the backpack stuff in my ride cuz it just don't sound right on a good system. Save that stuff for chill in at home but I got it too. I kinda doubt that anyone here has even half the west coast catalogue I got except maybe romped, and that is cuz I gave him his and constantly give him updates when we play doms. Sorry for thrown u under the bus b but I know no one can really stand with me on this one.

It's fucking ridiculous the way Yogi gets pidgeonholed on this forum. Do you remember all those links he posted of old school east coast tapes he owned? Dude is an OG and has followed rap from the beginning, and stays up to date (much like the other slept on old schooler, GK3). Give the man his fucking props.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 7:47 pm

KJ, I don't know if Kev has even set foot on West Coast soil, at least Steve is in AZ, why don't you vote for him? K.Rob has no idea what the west is slapping north or south, me & Yogi do, we live halfway between both...so we get the best of both here.
Back to top Go down

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 7:52 pm

i've lived on the west coast the majority of the time since 2006.

and romped is right, krob only knows what they play in his neighborhood.

i agree yOGi420™ listens to some wack shit, but he is diverse and gives shit a chance, and probably has the largest volume of western knowledge on here.
Back to top Go down

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 7:54 pm

Steve wrote:

i agree yOGi420™ listens to some wack shit, but he is diverse and gives shit a chance, and probably has the largest volume of western knowledge on here.

Real recognize real.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 7:54 pm

Agreed Jeff, I've only been listening since '87-'88 so he even has 5 years or so on me. I used to rock the Fat Boys & Run DMC like everyone else, but I like to stay current, no need in discussing shit that was being talked about way back when all the f'n time.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 8:58 pm

Steve wrote:

I agree... Sometimes i will give some pretty wack shit a chance and i may even find something appealing in it from time to time. but as a general statement I don't think that what I listen to is wack considering a lot is west coast mob muzik, there ain't many people that actually hear what i be bumpin that would think its wack at all. I get asked a lot about what i'm playin and where can someone get it. granted that maybe artist names and album covers might look like something u wouldn't like but f given a chance you would be surprized about how it really sounds vs how you would THINK it sounds.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:46 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
No, I give you all the credit for keping me updated Yogi, You get my vote for sure. Powell of course we like all that stuff, but we try not to dwell in the past too much. In Cali we do it moving as they say.

I'm never "dwelling" on the past my dude....I'm remembering that's all....the present doesn't do much for me hip-hop and r&b wise......I'm used to hearing QUALITY and I'm just not getting it like I used too whether that be in hip-hop..r&b or even movies....entertainment as a whole is like the economy my dude...it's fallen off.....hey man it is what it is...luckily there has been enough dope entertainment already made that can hold me over until this newer shit finally figures out what it means to be CREATIVE again! I can't wait man!
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 4:53 am

Indeed, I wouldnt really consider myself for this cos of how selective I am on music post 2000, but I got plenty game on 90's music, especially underground. Anyhow, nice to see my name up on something for consideration, thanks Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Western Rap Pro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Western Rap Pro   Western Rap Pro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Western Rap Pro
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: