Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Us3 "stop.think.run."

Go down 
+3
Esco
Funk Seoul Brother
Purple Haze
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

Us3  "stop.think.run." Empty
PostSubject: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 7:54 pm

Has anyone heard this album? I read a review saying it is heavily jazz influenced but that's all I know.

Feedback?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 8:01 pm

I'll definitely check this out. Sounds like my kind of album. Wow I can't even find a link to DL this album. This is some rare shit lol.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 9:25 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
I'll definitely check this out. Sounds like my kind of album. Wow I can't even find a link to DL this album. This is some rare shit lol.

That's what I thought lol. I ordered that one and an old album of theirs called "Hands on the Torch".
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 9:29 pm

I refuse to pay money for music so I'll continue to search for it. This is going to be quite a task lol.

I checked their official site and peeped some of their stuff. They sound like a quality group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 9:32 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
I refuse to pay money for music so I'll continue to search for it. This is going to be quite a task lol.

smhhhh
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 9:33 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
I refuse to pay money for music so I'll continue to search for it.

LOL are you me.. but seriously, you don't even buy the cd's you really really enjoy?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 10:09 pm

Esco wrote:

LOL are you me.. but seriously, you don't even buy the cd's you really really enjoy?
Being real, I've never bought a CD in my life. I choose to build my music empire through pirating. Its much more adventurous lol.

Artists get my support by me recommending them to others so they can buy their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 10:13 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Esco wrote:

Being real, I've never bought a CD in my life. I choose to build my music empire through pirating. Its much more adventurous lol.

Artists get my support by me recommending them to others so they can buy their stuff.

Even though I download a lot of shit, I still go out and buy those Cd's I love.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 10:17 pm

Esco wrote:

I like that idea but the music industry won't get my money.

Downloading is much more environmentally friendly anyways.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 10:22 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Esco wrote:

WOW!!! lol, I mean, even your favorite of cd of ALL TIME won't get 15 bucks from you? I don't have a job but even I can manage to spare a few bucks for my favorite cd's
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 10:41 pm

Esco wrote:

WOW!!! lol, I mean, even your favorite of cd of ALL TIME won't get 15 bucks from you? I don't have a job but even I can manage to spare a few bucks for my favorite cd's

I suppose I'd pay $10 for one of my favorites. Maybe I can haggle with a Best Buy employee or something.

I don't have a job either. Unemployment power!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 10:44 pm

[quote="Cise Starr"]
Esco wrote:

Ahhhh, that explains it all.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 12:24 am

Cise Starr wrote:

FUCK YEA!! lol... but I do have an interview tomorrow hah!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 12:47 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Esco wrote:

Dang homey, you need to buy some music man that imo makes the connection more real. But then again you a new school computer age listener so it may not matter to you.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 12:51 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Cise Starr wrote:
Esco wrote:

Dang homey, you need to buy some music man that imo makes the connection more real. But then again you a new school computer age listener so it may not matter to you.

I agree Kev. I can't tell you how many times I shook my head while reading this thread. Very sad IMO.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 1:02 pm

KRob86 wrote:

I don't know why its such a big deal.

So I don't have good musical connections because I don't buy music? Wow that's a new one...

Why buy when you can download and burn it onto a disk? Only takes like 10 minutes. That is the mindset of my generation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 1:57 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

So I don't have good musical connections because I don't buy music? Wow that's a new one...

Why buy when you can download and burn it onto a disk? Only takes like 10 minutes. That is the mindset of my generation.

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 2:07 pm

Wow...Cise Starr...officially a douche.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 2:24 pm

wrote:
Cise Starr wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Shaking My Head

Shaking My Head x2
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 2:35 pm

N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Why so? Because I don't do things like the rest. What is with all the hate recently?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 2:37 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Why so? Because I don't do things like the rest.

If you don't see how stealing is a problem, i don't know what to tell you. If you like an album that you DL, you should buy it and contribute to the artist and the culture.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 2:39 pm

T. Myers wrote:

If you don't see how stealing is a problem, i don't know what to tell you. If you like an album that you DL, you should buy it and contribute to the artist and the culture.

I have a massive cache of albums and to buy each one I like would be financially impossible. Perhaps in the future but right now I am broke.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 2:47 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I have a massive cache of albums and to buy each one I like would be financially impossible. Perhaps in the future but right now I am broke.

I understand being broke, but you gotta get out there and support the artist when you can. DLing albums can be a slippery slope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:17 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but people like you are the EXACT REASON why the best artists of today don't get the airplay or love that the artists on the radio get. It's because the pop-bopper fans buy albums (either a physical copy or MP3 copy) while people who like real-hip hop don't, and that's YOUR fault.

If these guys aren't selling records, then they aren't gonna get as much airplay or media attention as the Lil Wayne's, Young Jeezy's, and Souljah Boy's of the world. That trend is going to continue as long as you and people of your generation keep the same mindset.

I'm not gonna lie and say that I don't pirate music, because I do. However, if I really love an artist/album I'll go out and cop it.

THIS is the number one reason why Nas stated that Hip Hop Is Dead. While I don't think it's completely dead, it is on life support and the only way to save it is to support our favorite artists.

As for your financial situation, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get a job soon. My suggestion is to go to a temp agency, they'll hire virtually anybody.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:27 pm

I know what you all mean. If money wasn't an issue I'm sure I would have at least my top 20-30 albums. I've been going down the slippery slope of DL'ing since I started high school. Now almost 1000 albums later here I am lol.

I realize people like me are the reason the industry is in the jam its in. I can't deny that and you are right KJ. I guess my way of supporting artist is just to tell others about them. Spreading the word ain't easy though as the word falls upon deaf ears.

The only reason I wasn't actively trying to get a job was becuase I was in school full time for the past year. Its NOT easy to hold down a job and maintain a high GPA so I choose to not work. Some can do it but I've seen many fall by the wayside.

I realize the anger of all you who posted here. Let's face it thought I'm not the only one who does this and the trend is becoming ever so popular with people my age. Hate what I do not me...

Last edited by Cise Starr on Thu 18 Jun 2009, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:36 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
I know what you all mean. If money wasn't an issue I'm sure I would have at least my top 20-30 albums. I've been going down the slippery slope of DL'ing since I started high school. Now almost 1000 albums later here I am lol.

I realize people like me are the reason the industry is in the jam its in. I can't deny that and youa re right KJ. I guess my way of supporting artist is just to tell others about them. Spreading the word ain't easy though as the word falls upon deaf ears.

The only reason I wasn't actively trying to get a job was becuase I was in school full time for the past year. Its NOT easy to hold down a job and maintain a high GPA so I choose to not work. Some can do it but I've seen many fall by the wayside.

I realize the anger of all you who posted here. Let's face it thought I'm not the only one who does this and the trend is becoming ever so popular with people my age. Hate what I do not me...

I don't hate you Cise. For your age, you're definitely more knowledgable than most. Although we don't always agree, I certainly respect the fact that the majority of artists that you enjoy are very talented. Good luck on that job search. As I said before, I would recommend a temp agency, or somewhere like Costco or Lowe's. Both of those places pay well and are quick to hire young guys like you.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:43 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

I don't hate you Cise. For your age, you're definitely more knowledgable than most. Although we don't always agree, I certainly respect the fact that the majority of artists that you enjoy are very talented. Good luck on that job search. As I said before, I would recommend a temp agency, or somewhere like Costco or Lowe's. Both of those places pay well and are quick to hire young guys like you.
Good to know. It seemed like I was public enemy number 1 on the forum for a second.

Regarding Costco, even they turned me down. Down here in Orlando, people are starting to lose jobs really fast. Hell even nurses are getting let off. Surprising since the medical field was once the beacon for opportunity. The job market is just awful. I'll look into the temp agency though. Thanks for that advice.

I'm not sweating getting job though. I can get by right now. School is my most important focus now. I'm trying to get some scholarships and get out of town.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:52 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Why so? Because I don't do things like the rest. What is with all the hate recently?

Why? Because you are contributing to the problem. Most people around here live for hip-hop. We breathe it. No matter how broke I've ever been, I've always stretched my last cent and made sacrifices to buy albums. If it was between healthy food and new clothes on my back, or hip-hop/music, I'd eat crappy cheap food, and wear the same damn clothes I've been wearing since 2000. Music is that important to me. And it's just as important to me to support my favorite artists, because I want to see my favorite artists keep making albums. There is always a time when you are completely broke, and I can understand that...because there have been times I DL'ed more and bought less...but I've always recovered. But when you type some ridiculous comment like this....

Cise Starr wrote:

Well, that goes against A LOT of what people believe in when it comes to something as personal and essential as music. Don't front like it's a job thing with a line like this. It honestly got me pretty heated to read this comment.

Last edited by Alan on Thu 18 Jun 2009, 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:02 pm

Take my comments with a grain of salt for crying out loud. I was being sarcastic but I guess everyone missed it. I should have said...I'm a broke minority who is too cheap to buy CDs and isn't worthy of listening to hip hop. There you have it.

You think I don't live for hip hop as well? Its what makes me tick and the fact that I don't buy albums doesn't make me less of an aficionado that you or anyone else. It just means you are in a better position to truly appreciate the art that is hip hop than I am. However, appreciation is appreciation no matter how you spin it. I can see it from your perspective but can you see it from mine?

Please don't sweat the technique.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:33 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Take my comments with a grain of salt for crying out loud. I was being sarcastic but I guess everyone missed it. I should have said...I'm a broke minority who is too cheap to buy CDs and isn't worthy of listening to hip hop. There you have it.

Oh, you were trying to be sarcastic? What about...

Cise Starr wrote:

Cise Starr wrote:

Cise Starr wrote:

Cise Starr wrote:
I suppose I'd pay $10 for one of my favorites. Maybe I can haggle with a Best Buy employee or something.

You may be trying to put a light spin on it. But it's clearly how you operate.

Cise Starr wrote:

I think that's what bothers me most.

Cise Starr wrote:
I can see it from your perspective but can you see it from mine?

It's not that I can't see your side. It's that I'm saddened by it. Sorry if that bothers you, but that's just how strongly I feel about supporting artists that inspire me day in and day out. I'm not going to front like I don't download a couple albums a month or whatever. But I do support the artists that inspire me.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:39 pm

Cise Starr, sorry if I sound like a prick. I'm sure I do. I don't think your a bad dude, and I'm not saying you can actually afford to go out and buy a ton of albums (obviously). Just sharing my 2¢. No offense intended.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:40 pm

Its all good Pounds. You're still cool in my book.

I'm glad you are passionate about what you love.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:48 pm

smh at Cise, but I won't say anything else because everybody already has.

Anyway, I've been seeing a lot of Us3 albums at my local record store, and I've been wondering about how they sound. I haven't looked for them in quite a while, but does anybody have a frame of reference as to who they might sound like?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:50 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Its all good Pounds. You're still cool in my book.

I'm glad you are passionate about what you love.

I am passionate about it. Didn't mean to go off there...I realized after I sounded like an azz. lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:51 pm

a.scott wrote:

Anyway, I've been seeing a lot of Us3 albums at my local record store, and I've been wondering about how they sound. I haven't looked for them in quite a while, but does anybody have a frame of reference as to who they might sound like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9HnoRgRIwg

It was a huge hit in the early 90s
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:55 pm

a.scott wrote:
Take a swing lol.

Us3  "stop.think.run." Pinata
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 5:06 pm

I own 24 days worth of music cisse, two albums worth are actual physical copies. So don't stress man, you not the only one. I respect all the guys who are able to collect the albums themselves. Personally i wish i could do the same. But at the end o the day we still all listening to the same ish whether it's digital or physical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 5:32 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
a.scott wrote:
Take a swing lol.

Us3  "stop.think.run." Pinata

LMAO@ Cise.

I was going to ask you how could you not own the original cds of your favorite artists??? For me, having the actual art is waaaay better than having a bootleg looking home made version of a cd. You might as well say that you don't care about the artist's hard work and effort put into the complete work. It sounds like you treat the music as something disposable, or worthless.

It's like somebody telling you that they have all of Salvador Dali's artwork, only to go over thier house all anxious to check them out. And when you actually see the art, all you see is a bunch of cheap paper printouts in Walmart picture frames that look like they are supposed to be in an office or somewhere like that. :roll:

You're cheating yourself if you don't fully support the artists by buying their complete work, artwork and all.

Gets rolled up newspaper...Bad hip hop fan...Bad!

I wont front though. I download also, but if I like the artist, you best believe I will get that actual cd, come hell or high water.

Other than that, everybody has already driven the point home. Us3  "stop.think.run." 82770
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 8:21 pm

Thank you for pouring me a glass of your thoughts. I was quite parched but now am satiated.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 9:00 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Thank you for pouring me a glass of your thoughts. I was quite parched but now am satiated.

haha, that quote was good for a nice laugh.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 9:58 pm

yea i definitely buy most of my albums unless im really not a fan of the artist and just want a song or two off the CD. Most times i wont DL an album i plan on buying when it leaks cuz its not as fulfilling IMO.

Cise start coughin up some dough and buy some shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Us3 "stop.think.run."   Us3  "stop.think.run." Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Us3 "stop.think.run."
Page 1 of 1