Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

808s & Heartbreak

Go down 
+5
Laced With Slang
Shaun
TheHazardous
Half
T. Myers
9 posters
AuthorMessage

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 3:24 pm

I'm a long time fan of Kanye, and I also own The College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation, but I never got around to checking this one out, mainly due to not being interested in it for whatever reason. It's been a few years since its release. How was this album?

808s & Heartbreak 14654d1227954959-kanye-west-808s-heartbreak-album-art
Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 3:25 pm

dope production, not so dope in any other aspect.. kanye can't sing or write r&b very well... this is an e-moish exercise in self inflation. I dig it for the production which can't be fronted on IMO an a few tracks... handful of em.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 3:28 pm

I co-sign SRP. I love the production and a few songs have replay value.
Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 3:36 pm

Straight up garbage. I would not recommend this album to you Wayne. Kanye does virtually no rapping on it, and is a terrible singer. He makes Andre 3000 sound like Marvin Gaye.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 3:36 pm

It's the reason people think he is mad gay
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:31 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Straight up garbage. I would not recommend this album to you Wayne. Kanye does virtually no rapping on it, and is a terrible singer. He makes Andre 3000 sound like Marvin Gaye.

Ahh damn!

How does it compare to Universal Mind Control? *snicker*
Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:32 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:

Ahh damn!

They're both trash. I'd say they're on par to each other.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:32 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:

Ahh damn!

That album is why people think Common is mad gay
Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:33 pm

Half wrote:
It's the reason people think he is mad gay

A lot of people had that opinion of him before that album.
Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:35 pm

Why are you a Kanye hater KJ?
Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:37 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Why are you a Kanye hater KJ?

I don't hate him. I love his first 3 albums (especially Late Registration). I just hated this one.
Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:39 pm

So why are you falsely saying he was considered gay before 808s and Heartbreaks? I could understand if he was taking promo pictures smooching at the camera or something, but I didn't think people really considered him gay before gayfish.
Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:47 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
So why are you falsely saying he was considered gay before 808s and Heartbreaks? I could understand if he was taking promo pictures smooching at the camera or something, but I didn't think people really considered him gay before gayfish.

Kanye has stated on numerous occasions that he hates it when people describe something they dislike as gay, and he's said that even before 808's was released. A lot of people clowned him for saying that.

Personally though, I've never (and still don't) think he's gay. Weird? yes, A douchebag? certainly at times, but not gay. At least not completely. You don't bang a chick as hot as Amber Rose (his ex-gf)on the regular if you're a straight up homo.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:48 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Kanye has stated on numerous occasions that he hates it when people describe something they dislike as gay, and he's said that even before 808's was released. A lot of people clowned him for saying that.

Personally though, I've never (and still don't) think he's gay. Weird? yes, A douchebag? certainly at times, but not gay. At least not completely. You don't bang a chick as hot as Amber Rose (his ex-gf)on the regular if you're a straight up homo.

Do tapes exist of that? Otherwise you have no proof
Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:49 pm

Half wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Nor do you have proof to support the opposing POV.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:49 pm

Um... Source?
Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:50 pm

Kanye used to say gay all the time and then stopped because he said his cousin was gay or someone he knew or something. And from what I recall no one called him gay for that. I don't hang around with internet trolls like those teenage girls who post OMG and shit when they comment on pictures, so maybe he was clowned by them, but I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:50 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Half wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I never said I supported the opposing POV
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:56 pm

gay
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 5:41 pm

Has some slappin beats hence the 808 part of the title but the hEARtBREAK part is absolute trash.
Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 8:46 pm

Stay far far away from this album. This is when keepin it real goes way wrong.

Only song on this album I truly dig is Heartless.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:12 pm

Wayne don't go anywhere near this or Universal Mind Control. Garbage + Garbage = Garbage
Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:19 pm

Highsmith wrote:
Wayne don't go anywhere near this or Universal Mind Control. Garbage + Garbage = Garbage

Wow, lol.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:36 am

yeah Wayne stay far AWAY from this bullshit man....if you need BANGIN production and that has to be one of your main highlight then go pick up Group Home-Livin' Proof...you won't hear better production too often my dude than what that one has...I'm saying that because I see that some cats are hyping the "production" on this Kanye effort

this joint is Kanye gone completely autotune crazy...that's what this bullshit is.....
Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 7:51 am

D.Powell wrote:
yeah Wayne stay far AWAY from this bullshit man....if you need BANGIN production and that has to be one of your main highlight then go pick up Group Home-Livin' Proof...you won't hear better production too often my dude than what that one has...I'm saying that because I see that some cats are hyping the "production" on this Kanye effort

this joint is Kanye gone completely autotune crazy...that's what this bullshit is.....

I already own the Group Home album, but I appreciate the recommendation though.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 9:37 am

Half wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Half wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I never said I supported the opposing POV

It's called foot in mouth syndrome. He's unaware he has it, so he hasn't sought treatment for it...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

808s & Heartbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: 808s & Heartbreak   808s & Heartbreak Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

808s & Heartbreak
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: