Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unnfairly hated on album

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Unnfairly hated on album Empty
PostSubject: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 8:54 pm

Immobilarity, by Raekwon.

It's no 5 star classic, but it has plenty of dope cuts, I personally prefer it over OB4CL2.

4 stars.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 9:55 pm

Slang (and Wayne?) will agree. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 9:57 pm

ive been saying this for so damn long, Immobilarity has a lot of classic cuts on it and Rae is at his LYRICAL best on here and Forever. Sure theres duds on here, but lyrically Rae is spazzing on here

4 stars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:07 pm

I hate Immobilarity. I remember copping that and Black On Both Sides on the same day. I spun the Rae album first and wasn't very impressed, then spun the Mos Def album and it stayed on my rotation for weeks. After spinning Immobilarity once more I had no desire to play it again, whereas I still spin BOBS to this very day from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:09 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
I hate Immobilarity. I remember copping that and Black On Both Sides on the same day. I spun the Rae album first and wasn't very impressed, then spun the Mos Def album and it stayed on my rotation for weeks. After spinning Immobilarity once more I had no desire to play it again, whereas I still spin BOBS to this very day from time to time.

revisit it, youll like it way more
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:09 pm

KJ, do me a favor and re-listen to Immobilarity with an honest ear and tell me what you think.

BOBS is a 5-star all-time classic, so of course it is better, but I think you are overly harsh on Rae.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:13 pm

I'll revisit it sometime, but both of you are Wu stans so of course you're gonna consider it 4 stars.

While I may like it a little more than I did then, I doubt I'll like it more than OB4CL2. Even Wu Tang Slang feels that's a 4.5 album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:14 pm

Come on man, how can I be a stan when I rate it over OB4CL2. No need for that man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:16 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
Come on man, how can I be a stan when I rate it over OB4CL2. No need for that man.

LOL, I saw on one of the Wu album threads when you considered yourself as much of a Wu head as Slang. I'm about to look through my CD's for Immobilarity now though.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:16 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
I'll revisit it sometime, but both of you are Wu stans so of course you're gonna consider it 4 stars.

While I may like it a little more than I did then, I doubt I'll like it more than OB4CL2. Even Wu Tang Slang feels that's a 4.5 album.

im still objective on a lot of things, i hate on a lot of Wu too, you probably have Blackout 2, Fishscale, BDR, 4:21, Massacre, Manifesto, and others rated higher than i do

Rae is on some next level shit on Immobilarity
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:19 pm

I consider myself more of a Wu head than him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:20 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:

im still objective on a lot of things, i hate on a lot of Wu too, you probably have Blackout 2, Fishscale, BDR, 4:21, Massacre, Manifesto, and others rated higher than i do

Rae is on some next level shit on Immobilarity

You don't like Fishscale? Damn, that's a near classic IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:21 pm

Fishscale is 5 stars in my book. Not big on the other at all except for BO! 2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:22 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
Fishscale is 5 stars in my book. Not big on the other at all except for BO! 2

Blackout 2 is the weakest album he named IMO next to maybe Manifesto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:23 pm

Nah dogg, beats bang and they do the damn thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:33 pm

I think The Big Doe Rehab is unfairly hated on, at least here in the forum.

Toney Sigel, Paisley Darts, Killah Lipstick, Slow Down, Yolanda's House, White Linen Affair, that shit had mad bangers. It's my 4th favorite Ghost album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:35 pm

It's his worst TBH.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:39 pm

Immobilarity is very weak IMO...I'd give it about 2.75 stars....it has little to no replay value on it...is not memorable in any way.....it was just a weak effort from Rae IMO

OBFCL2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Immobilarity

and I'm not crazy about that one either but it's a much better effort than this one

Rae's SOLO career can be summed up like this: Only Built For Cuban Linx (5 stars-an all -time classic) and then it's everything else that he's made.....his SOLO career has not gone as well as he'd hoped I'm sure and that's due to limited subject matter and low charisma

He's still a legend from his work on the Wu projects and being a founding member of the movement but his SOLO career is kinda weak overall IMO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:41 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
It's his worst TBH.

Big Doe is better than Pretty Toney, More Fish, Ghostdini, and Bulletproof Wallets easily.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:44 pm

"his SOLO career has not gone as well as he'd hoped I'm sure and that's due to limited subject matter and low charisma"

My thoughts on Raekwon for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:44 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Immobilarity is very weak IMO...I'd give it about 2.75 stars....it has little to no replay value on it...is not memorable in any way.....it was just a weak effort from Rae IMO

OBFCL2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Immobilarity

and I'm not crazy about that one either but it's a much better effort than this one

Rae's SOLO career can be summed up like this: Only Built For Cuban Linx (5 stars-an all -time classic) and then it's everything else that he's made.....his SOLO career has not gone as well as he'd hoped I'm sure and that's due to limited subject matter and low charisma

He's still a legend from his work on the Wu projects and being a founding member of the movement but his SOLO career is kinda weak overall IMO!

low charisma?!?! LOW CHARISMA?!?!?! lmfao Rae might not have the energy on the mic that he used to but that doesnt equate to low charisma, hes made flavorful with his style and wordplay, and his toned down style now IS charisma, dude just lays back and spits not giving a fuck, thats the definition of charisma, my dude!
Back to top Go down

I don't count Ghostdeini, but you are right about More Fish.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

and i didnt say Fishscale was bad i just said you probably rate it higher than me which you do since i dont have it at 5 stars
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:50 pm

Slang I REFUSE to listen to anything regarding the WU-TANG CLAN coming from you man....you are incapable of being objective when it comes to that movement.....lol

Rae's charisma is one of his low marks man...dude is kinda boring...I'm sorry man
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:51 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Slang I REFUSE to listen to anything regarding the WU-TANG CLAN coming from you man....you are incapable of being objective when it comes to that movement.....lol

Rae's charisma is one of his low marks man...dude is kinda boring...I'm sorry man

depending on your definition of charisma
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:51 pm

I haven't heard this album in quite some time. I remember the songs, however, it's NOT touching OB4CL2.
Back to top Go down

Slang Editorial wrote:
and i didnt say Fishscale was bad i just said you probably rate it higher than me which you do since i dont have it at 5 stars

Actually I have it at 4.75, I skip one track on it.

I'm playing Immobilarity now, still not all that impressed. The production is shitty.

Last edited by Eastern Rap Pro on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:52 pm

"dude just lays back and spits not giving a fuck, thats the definition of charisma, my dude!"

How is that charisma? lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:52 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve Knight wrote:
It's his worst TBH.

Big Doe is better than Pretty Toney, More Fish, Ghostdini, and Bulletproof Wallets easily.

Cosign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:53 pm

Wayne, what are you on probation for
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:55 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
Wayne, what are you on probation for

Say what, lol. If you're talking about the Real Talk Vol. 2, I was on probation at my last job man, due to my attendance at the time. I'm no felon man, lol. NEVER did any time in prison.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:57 pm

Shaun wrote:
"dude just lays back and spits not giving a fuck, thats the definition of charisma, my dude!"

How is that charisma? lmao

where in the definition of charisma is there any mention of energy or aggressiveness? please...

"charisma"

1. a special personal quality or power of an individual making him capable of influencing or inspiring large numbers of people
2. a quality inherent in a thing which inspires great enthusiasm and devotion
3. Personal magnetism or charm

INSPIRES enthusiasm, that does not mean has enthusiasm/energy

and Rae fits the 3rd definition listed, hes just got that swag mayne
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:58 pm

lol. That doesn't make any sense to me
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:59 pm

^ cuz you dont have IT, my dude!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:03 pm

You don't have TI, my dude! You iz an oppozite prizon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 3:02 pm

Although I think OB4CL2 is better, Immobilarity is by far better than The Lex Diamonds Story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 3:05 pm

LBT/Animosity wrote:
Although I think OB4CL2 is better, Immobilarity is by far better than The Lex Diamonds Story.

Cosign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 3:49 pm

This should be "unfairly hated on Wu Tang albums".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unnfairly hated on album   Unnfairly hated on album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unnfairly hated on album
Page 1 of 1