Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tha Dogg Pound

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 1:04 pm

Recommendations on Dogg Pound albums after "Dogg Food", as well as their solo albums. I know I'm a fan of these guys coming from the awesome, memorable Death Row era, but I never checked out anything else after the Dogg Food album.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 1:08 pm

Kurupt-The Streetz Iz A Mutha is a must have
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 1:10 pm

T. Myers wrote:

This is on my radar. I'm surprised I haven't copped this one yet.
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 1:33 pm

I'm not
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 1:37 pm

Yeah Wayne, you should cop it ASAP. it's a classic to me, but 4.5 stars is probably accurate for most
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 2:17 pm

Is that Kurupt's best solo Terry or are there other CD's of his worth checking out?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 2:22 pm

It is Kurupt's best solo, but his first 3 solos are worth peeping.
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 4:35 pm

Must haves imo:

Daz-Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back- 4.5-4.75
Kurupt- Streetz Iz A Mutha- 4.25-4.5
Kurupt- Kuruption- 4.0-4.25
Dogg Pound- Dogg Chit- 4.0
Dogg Pound- 100 Wayz- 3.75-4.0

Hit or miss Check these out only if you really dig the above:

Daz- So So Gangsta- 3.5
Daz- R.A.W.- 3.25 (been awile since I heard it)
Daz-Tha Dogg Pound Gangsta LP- 3.5-3.75
Dogg Pound- Dillinger & Young Gotti - 3.5 (ditto)
Dogg Pound-Cali Iz Active- 3.75
Dogg Pound- 2002- 3.5-3.75 (unreleased songs from the Deathrow era)
Kurupt- Space Boogie: Smoke Oddessey- 3.75 (real decent album)

Last edited by KRob86 on Sun 12 Sep 2010, 12:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 4:36 pm

I still haven't listened to That Was Then and 100 Wayz throughly enough to rate fairly.
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 4:37 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I still haven't listened to That Was Then and 100 Wayz throughly enough to rate fairly.

Once you have listened to those enough to rate, come back and post your thoughts man.
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:08 am

Alright Wayne I just listened to 100 Wayz. I'll give it a 3.75 or so as of now. Its a real decent effort and one of the best I have heard from them so far since Dogg Chit. There are 3 generic ass club/party trks on here that they should have left alone. Dogg Pound over southern type beats does not work and I hope they stop that shit. Kurupt is the true star and surprise on this album. He must have heard all the bad comments about this raps lately because he stepped up. Don't believe me look up the trk Anotha Clip on youtube or something....Kurupt kills it.
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:09 am

KRob86 wrote:
Alright Wayne I just listened to 100 Wayz. I'll give it a 3.75 or so as of now. Its a real decent effort and one of the best I have heard from them so far since Dogg Chit. There are 3 generic ass club/party trks on here that they should have left alone. Dogg Pound over southern type beats does not work and I hope they stop that shit. Kurupt is the true star and surprise on this album. He must have heard all the bad comments about this raps lately because he stepped up. Don't believe me look up the trk Anotha Clip on youtube or something....Kurupt kills it.

Ok, cool KRob. How is the Dogg Chit album?
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:13 am

Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I like Dogg Chit so much because it was little to no filler or bullshit play play trks. Str8 DPG gangsta shit and there usual smooth west coast trks. I rated it a 4.0 up above. It may be higher but I honestly haven't heard it in minute.
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:14 am

KRob86 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I like Dogg Chit so much because it was little to no filler or bullshit play play trks. Str8 DPG gangsta shit and there usual smooth west coast trks. I rated it a 4.0 up above. It may be higher but I honestly haven't heard it in minute.

Ok, recommended purchase?
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:37 am

Has anyone checked out That Was Then This Is Now and Keep On Ridin?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:46 am

Yeah, Dogg Chit is 4 stars or so. People sleep on it cause their albums leading up to it were sub-par, but it's definitely worth a purchase. I believe it's dirt cheap anyway.
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 3:02 pm

Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Ok, recommended purchase?

I mean if you even slighty dig Dogg Pound you should buy this one.
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 9:06 pm

I wasn't a big fan of Dogg Chit. Can't really figure out why because their wasn't really anything wrong with it. It was just a bit dull and i have a hard time getting through the whole thing. I will give it another chance though. DPG - Dillinger & Young Gotti was dope as fuck to me. Still waiting on 100 Wayz
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 12:22 pm

Wayne wrote:

That Was Then- 3.25-3.5 or so. It is a very uneven album. I say this one is only worth a download. 100 Wayz blows it away. To many southern sounding and west coast generic type party trks on it.
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 12:23 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Wayne wrote:

That Was Then- 3.25-3.5 or so. It is a very uneven album. I say this one is only worth a download. 100 Wayz blows it away. To many southern sounding and west coast generic type party trks on it.

And it's been said that Dogg Pound over southern production isn't a good fit.
Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 2:51 pm

T. Myers wrote:

Co-Sign, personally I like it better than Dogg Food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tha Dogg Pound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tha Dogg Pound   Tha Dogg Pound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tha Dogg Pound
Page 1 of 1