Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nice & Smooth

Go down 
+2
Myestro
Highsmith
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 11:36 am

Interesting question about a song from Nice & Smooth. Now, I don't know the name, however, I know the song when I hear it. I remember it was released in 1994, and I used to hear the songs on mix shows (via my local radio stations) quite often, but the DJ never played the entire song. He only played the first few minutes, cutting and scratching, and then moving on to the next song. The part that he would play, cut, and scratch in the beginning, it's from Greg Nice and he said......

"Nice & Smooth is back with anotha hit, Nice & Smooth is back with anotha hit"

That's the ONLY thing I can recall, and to this day, I don't know the name of the song nor have I heard the full version of it. Anyone know what song I'm referring to? It may have came from the "Jewel Of The Nile" album. (I know I should already know this, but still, lol.)
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 11:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMM_2QDApmc

is it that one?

I know that was one of my favorite songs at the time and very popular.
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 11:51 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMM_2QDApmc

is it that one?

I know that was one of my favorite songs at the time and very popular.

I'll check this out later SRP. I'm at work, as of this post, and I'm not allowing to play any music, even if it's turned down Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 11:53 am

this song has them saying "it's nice & smooth, we back with a brand new sound, it's been a whole lot of emcees, but none ain't touching our style"

this was a huge hit back then so it will probably end up being your song.
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 11:54 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
this song has them saying "it's nice & smooth, we back with a brand new sound, it's been a whole lot of emcees, but none ain't touching our style"

this was a huge hit back then so it will probably end up being your song.

It probably will be. I'll be a happy man if I'm able to hear the full version of this song for the first time since 94.
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 11:55 am

lol, you will - it's a dope dope song... def jam even named a compilation after it. I have been bumping this since 1994 - can't believe you slept on this wayniac.
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 11:56 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
lol, you will - it's a dope dope song... def jam even named a compilation after it. I have been bumping this since 1994 - can't believe you slept on this wayniac.

Oh no SRP, I didn't sleep on it at all, lol.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 11:57 am

I think that's it Pedro. If I'm correct the singles from that album were "Old To The New" & "Return Of The Hip Hop Freaks". I had the cassette back in '94.
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 11:58 am

Highsmith wrote:
I think that's it Pedro. If I'm correct the singles from that album were "Old To The New" & "Return Of The Hip Hop Freaks". I had the cassette back in '94.

I remember Old To The New and another song called "Blunts".
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 11:58 am

Highsmith wrote:

Yep, those were the two singles.
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 8:21 pm

I played this joint, and unfortunately SRP it's not the joint I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 8:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCuMB6cFWo&feature=related

That's all I can think of, but the part you're talking about would be at the end, not the beginning.
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 8:57 pm

Grand Moff Myestro wrote:

That's all I can think of, but the part you're talking about would be at the end, not the beginning.

The one I'm talking about is definitely at the beginning. I appreciate you and SRP for researching though.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 9:06 pm

Wayne wrote:

The one I'm talking about is definitely at the beginning. I appreciate you and SRP for researching though.

Not a problem. I'm not an expert on Nice & Smooth, though they are dope. I just don't have too much familiarity with them.

But, I hate when that stuff happens to me. Happened the other day in fact, I had a few lines pop in my head, and I was trying to remember where I heard it from...then I figured out it was Snowgoons, and had to scour my cd's to find the track. Then I listened to it for like 45 minutes straight, and problem solved.
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 9:10 pm

Wayne wrote:

Not a problem. I'm not an expert on Nice & Smooth, though they are dope. I just don't have too much familiarity with them.

But, I hate when that stuff happens to me. Happened the other day in fact, I had a few lines pop in my head, and I was trying to remember where I heard it from...then I figured out it was Snowgoons, and had to scour my cd's to find the track. Then I listened to it for like 45 minutes straight, and problem solved.

Yeah, I hope I'm able to find this song though.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 9:13 pm

Wayne wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Yeah, I hope I'm able to find this song though.

I will keep my ears peeled. Can't let it dominate my time though.
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 9:14 pm

you sure its not this one Wayne?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPUhXuszAsc
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 9:16 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
you sure its not this one Wayne?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPUhXuszAsc

Naw, it's not this one SRP. It had to have been something that came out in 94, probably on the Jewel Of The Nile album.
Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 10:58 pm

Back to top Go down

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 11:01 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfiGeZUxBqU

what about this one?

Naw, not this one either.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

Nice & Smooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice & Smooth   Nice & Smooth Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 4:54 am

Cash In My Hands from the Poetic Justice soundtrack Wayne.