Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Nas Is Overrated

Go down 
+2
Shaun
Funk Seoul Brother
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Why Nas Is Overrated Empty
PostSubject: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:11 pm

Hey, east coast whiners, thank ya boy Jay-Z for Nas' success post 1999. Nas was waist deep in wackness with no shovel to dig himself before Jigga dissed Nas back into relevance. Think about this: was ANYBODY talking about Nas is the GOAT when Nastradamus dropped? Or were most of us willing to write his wack ass off for the rest of his pathetic career before S.Carter lit the fire beneath Nas lame ass? Exactly. Jay MAY have even had the foresight to diss Nas so he could eventually sign him. There would be no Stillmatic, no HHID, no nothing if not for Jay-Z. So, really, all this Nas love shit can die off, and you can start hugging the nuts of the people that put him where he's at: MC Serch, Jay-Z, Primo, Large Professor, and The Source.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:14 pm

Main Source >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:21 pm

No, you're just a Nas hater. I Am... is easily 4.25 stars or more to everyone who doesn't blindly hate on Nas, like you. And, Nastradamus isn't even the worst album of all time. I can name 50 albums by artists such as Haystak, Liquid ASSASSin, King Sandman, Tech N9Ne, Kutt Kalhoun, etc. that are worse. So stop all that Nastradamus is the worst album ever bullshit!!

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:22 pm

Oh, and Nas is MUCH more lyrical than everyone you named.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:28 pm

Eat a dick Jeff.

Nas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All your favorite rappers times a million.

All of Nas' albums are at least 4 stars except for Nastradamus, and even that album isn't the wackest joint of all time.

Shaun is 100% right. I Am is a dope album, and Illmatic is considered by most to be one of the greatest albums of all time. Many people (myself included) would say it's the GOAT. His discography is amazing, and he's light years better lyrically than Jay-Z, who has been inconsistent post-Blueprint.

You're just a Nas hater, just like you hate Wu, KRS-One, and most pre-2000 rappers from NYC. Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit!! Nas is easily one of the greatest rappers of all time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:30 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:32 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Eat a dick Jeff.

All of Nas' albums are at least 4 stars except for Nastradamus, and even that album isn't the wackest joint of all time.

Shaun is 100% right. I Am is a dope album, and Illmatic is considered by most to be one of the greatest albums of all time. Many people (myself included) would say it's the GOAT. His discography is amazing, and he's light years better lyrically than Jay-Z, who has been inconsistent post-Blueprint.

You're just a Nas hater, just like you hate Wu, KRS-One, and most pre-2000 rappers from NYC. Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit!! Nas is easily one of the greatest rappers of all time.

Again, Michael Scott, some one is mocking you and you simply don't get it.

Next, try to counter some of my points instead of just blathering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:44 pm

Jeff wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Eat a dick Jeff.

Again, Michael Scott, some one is mocking you and you simply don't get it.

Next, try to counter some of my points instead of just blathering.

How is someone mocking me when I hadn't even posted yet?

Anyway. I did defend your bullshit points. Even those who felt Nastradamus was wack STILL felt that Nas was an elite MC. Every MC is entitled to putting out a less than stellar album. Jay-Z made a mistake by calling out Nas. He woke up a sleeping giant and got CRUSHED in the battle.

While It Was Written and I Am aren't on par with Illmatic, they're still dope albums and the rest of Nas' catalog save for Nastradamus is critically acclaimed. The man had 7 straight platinum albums and the ones that didn't go plat went gold.

Whether you like the man or not, he's one of the GOAT's for several reasons. He's a great lyricist, has a great discog, and has earned the respect of fellow MC's and fans alike. Don't hate the player, hate the game!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 4:08 pm

Jeff wrote:
Hey, east coast whiners, thank ya boy Jay-Z for Nas' success post 1999. Nas was waist deep in wackness with no shovel to dig himself before Jigga dissed Nas back into relevance. Think about this: was ANYBODY talking about Nas is the GOAT when Nastradamus dropped? Or were most of us willing to write his wack ass off for the rest of his pathetic career before S.Carter lit the fire beneath Nas lame ass? Exactly. Jay MAY have even had the foresight to diss Nas so he could eventually sign him. There would be no Stillmatic, no HHID, no nothing if not for Jay-Z. So, really, all this Nas love shit can die off, and you can start hugging the nuts of the people that put him where he's at: MC Serch, Jay-Z, Primo, Large Professor, and The Source.

I agree with you Jeffrey...Jay-Z did help to motivate Nas onto some great things no doubt about that

Hey I have an idea maybe Jay should diss the shit outta Haystak and then let's see what happens then....lol...a helping hand never hurt anyone right??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 4:21 pm

Jeff wrote:

Okay lets say Nas was written off until Stillmatic. Let's say Jay-Z is the main reason he came back so hard. That makes him even more of a GOAT then. Because he hit the bottom and rose back to the top of the food chain by getting refocused. Not many rappers fall out of the spotlight like he almost did and rise up like that to almost take the thorne from the mainstreams star child at the time Jay-Z. That my Iowa son is pure hating you just wrote up there. Please start using more critical thinking techniques before you post shit like this.

Hotep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 5:14 pm

Dude KJ, Nas is not LIGHT YEARS ahead of Jay, you know damn well Jay can rhyme for him bar for bar if he so chose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 5:32 pm

Wrong section. Admins get on this. Ban
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 5:35 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wrong section. Admins get on this. Ban

Weren't you re-admined?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 5:37 pm

who knows. terry's been fucking with me since yesterday - admining and deadmining me - so I'm not really bothering with those games.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 5:39 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
who knows. terry's been fucking with me since yesterday - admining and deadmining me - so I'm not really bothering with those games.

Smh @ Terry's hipster games. No wonder this forum has no credibility.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 5:46 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
Dude KJ, Nas is not LIGHT YEARS ahead of Jay, you know damn well Jay can rhyme for him bar for bar if he so chose.

He used to be on Nas' level, but he's been wildly inconsistent as of late. I hope Jay's next album is a banger. If not, I'll officially list him as fallen off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 5:48 pm

greg nice never fell off, I still look forward to him on songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 6:01 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
greg nice never fell off, I still look forward to him on songs.

SMH, I was talking about Jay-Z. But I agree Greg Nice never fell off. Wish him and Smooth B would reunite.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 7:05 pm

Listenin' to SRP sayin' Greg Nice never fell off, well he ain't ever fell on, I'm just gon' ignore hime
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 7:13 pm

Shaun wrote:
Listenin' to SRP sayin' Greg Nice never fell off, well he ain't ever fell on, I'm just gon' ignore hime

GTFOH with that bullshit!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 7:14 pm

Shaking My Head

Read it again, good sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 7:14 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

GTFOH with that bullshit!

Cosign, cuz that was some real shit you just said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 8:19 pm

Jeff wrote:

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 8:21 pm

dont forget to thank the people who put haystak where he is:

underage rape victims and bullseye barbecue sauce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 8:21 pm

Shaun wrote:
No, you're just a Nas hater. I Am... is easily 4.25 stars or more to everyone who doesn't blindly hate on Nas, like you. And, Nastradamus isn't even the worst album of all time. I can name 50 albums by artists such as Haystak, Liquid ASSASSin, King Sandman, Tech N9Ne, Kutt Kalhoun, etc. that are worse. So stop all that Nastradamus is the worst album ever bullshit!!

I've always rated I Am @ 4.5 stars, and Nastradamus is nowhere near the worst album ever. Good calls here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 8:22 pm

lol @ kj n wayne not getting the sarcasm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 8:23 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:

Illmatic is considered by most to be one of the greatest albums of all time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 8:32 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
lol @ kj n wayne not getting the sarcasm

Shaun can be a bitch sometimes so if that's sarcasm I'm not surprised, but I do know he's a big Nas fan so either way it makes no difference.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 8:38 pm

Get the fuck off Nas' dick, you homo
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:16 pm

i cant listen to Jay-Z's voice for a whole album most of the time

Nas >>>>>> Jay-Z easily
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:17 pm

Shaun wrote:
Get the fuck off Nas' dick, you homo

Get the fuck off of Steve and SRP's dicks, you homo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:19 pm

What do I have to do with anything? I thought we had a truce KJ AND I've cosigned you in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:25 pm

Get an opinion of your own for once. KRob said that I was a follower once, and you've held on to that sentiment like it was your parent's umbilical cord. Last time I checked, you're on Powell's sack more than Marilyn Manson is on his own. Other people can confirm that, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:26 pm

lol @ shon!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:26 pm

damn owned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:27 pm

AND I fucked your mom on your racecar bed.

We listened to 2Pac while I skeeted on her face!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:39 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
What do I have to do with anything? I thought we had a truce KJ AND I've cosigned you in this thread.

I ain't got no beef with you man. It's about the bullshit sarcasm going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:44 pm

Shaun wrote:
Get an opinion of your own for once. KRob said that I was a follower once, and you've held on to that sentiment like it was your parent's umbilical cord. Last time I checked, you're on Powell's sack more than Marilyn Manson is on his own. Other people can confirm that, too.

Other people like who, the people you dickride in every argument that I get involved in? I ain't on Powell's sack, it's just that he's one of the few people in here that knows old school hip-hop well and respect it so I agree with a lot of what he says.

The difference between that and what you do is that you ride the dick of everyone who debates against me 95% of the time.

And Steve, you're the biggest bitch alive. I'd beat your 2Pac wannabe ass if you ever disrespected my mother to my face. Besides, with all the homo comments you've been making you don't even seem like you like women you flaming faggot.

Last edited by Eastern Rap Pro on Mon 13 Sep 2010, 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:44 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I have nothing to do with someone else's sarcasm. I've kept it 100% true since the truce.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:45 pm

Kool John you haven't worked out in years, you're fat, you're old, and you have no technical training. How about no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:45 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I have nothing to do with someone else's sarcasm. I've kept it 100% true since the truce.

As have I, sorry if I've made it seem otherwise.
Back to top Go down

And KJ, I just noticed your rank, I assume you didn't ask for it? SMH I just made Half and Shaun admins again to help out while I'm gone. I guess they like to play games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:48 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
Kool John you haven't worked out in years, you're fat, you're old, and you have no technical training. How about no.

I bench press 315, I'm 6'2'' 250 (I don't see how that's fat but whatever) and I used to take Judo. But none of that shit is important. I ain't never backed down from a n***a in my life, and talkin about somebody's mother over the internet is a fuckin bitch move.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:49 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
And KJ, I just noticed your rank, I assume you didn't ask for it? SMH I just made Half and Shaun admins again to help out while I'm gone. I guess they like to play games.

I guess they do since they're obviously immature fuckin homos. I never did anything to Half but whatever, punk bitches. I'll have Myers change it since you're no longer an admin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:50 pm

myers aint admin no more
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:51 pm

Nope, i ain't an admin right now. As SRP said in the other thread, he de-admined everyone except himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:52 pm

I was interim admin while we did the vote, so I will change it and I guess I gotta deadmin shon and half.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:52 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I was interim admin while we did the vote, so I will change it and I guess I gotta deadmin shon and half.

Good call, thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:53 pm

Fixed, and no prob. That's what the admin team is SUPPOSED to be for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:54 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Fixed, and no prob. That's what the admin team is SUPPOSED to be for.

Indeed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Nas Is Overrated   Why Nas Is Overrated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Nas Is Overrated
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: