Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Tue 14 Sep 2010, 11:54 am

Tonedeff kills it

The beat is amazing

Great storytelling

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Tue 14 Sep 2010, 1:17 pm

Uh... obviously?

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Tue 14 Sep 2010, 1:20 pm

I know some cats on here disagree

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Tue 14 Sep 2010, 8:35 pm

I'll have to cosign on that. That album has quite a few bangers, I've played this song for people who don't like hip hop and they always are left speechless. Then they ask me who did that song, I tell them and they always say WOW! That's really deep.

I've introduced hip hop to several people, by turning several folks on to Cunninglynguists.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Thu 16 Sep 2010, 11:01 am

Personally, I celebrate the band's entire catalog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Thu 16 Sep 2010, 11:06 am

When I play this song sweet, gentle, STD-free orgies just spontaneously occur and people just feel good and magical and unicorns exist.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Thu 16 Sep 2010, 11:51 am

OMG Double Rainbow
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Thu 16 Sep 2010, 1:07 pm

Lol... Std free orgies, there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one...

Is indeed a dope track, actually, I haven't heard it for so long, I'm gonna listen to it now... Thanks half
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Thu 16 Sep 2010, 3:49 pm

The Gates used to be my favorite. I like Nothing To Give better now. The whole album is incredible though.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Thu 16 Sep 2010, 3:50 pm

gametheory91 wrote:
The Gates used to be my favorite. I like Nothing To Give better now. The whole album is incredible though.

Yeah I gotta agree.

Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Thu 16 Sep 2010, 3:53 pm

I will say though that when I let people listen to CL for the first time, I always put on The Gates...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Thu 16 Sep 2010, 4:27 pm

gametheory91 wrote:
I will say though that when I let people listen to CL for the first time, I always put on The Gates...

I usually share Lynguistics with them

Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Thu 16 Sep 2010, 4:29 pm

This ^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Thu 23 Sep 2010, 4:42 am

Lmao @ Srp and Cize's sig.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   Thu 23 Sep 2010, 1:37 pm

Shouldn't the opponent be burned? Not poisoned...

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange   

Back to top Go down

The Gates is the best track on A Piece of Strange
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1