Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)

Go down 
+4
D.Powell
Half
Shaun
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
8 posters

The victor?
LL
Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Vote_lcap50%Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Canibus
Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Vote_lcap50%Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage

Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Empty
PostSubject: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 1:40 pm

Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Ll-cool-j-um01

VS

Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Canibus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 1:56 pm

Canibus easily
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 2:35 pm

Can.I.Bus.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 2:38 pm

Why does Canibus have a holographic thong on in that picture?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 3:28 pm

If we're talking which diss track was better, then Canibus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 3:32 pm

Half wrote:
If we're talking which diss track was better, then Canibus.

In addition to diss tracks, we're talking everything regarding their beef, and all other selections for these threads.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 3:35 pm

Can-I-Bus had the better overall diss track but Cool J ultimately won the entire war.....

and if that is the case then Cool J wins!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 4:51 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Can-I-Bus had the better overall diss track but Cool J ultimately won the entire war.....

Co-Sign. Canibus failed to capitalize on Second Round K.O. when he dropped that wack debut album. All the buzz that he built up died with that release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 4:55 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Co-Sign. Canibus failed to capitalize on Second Round K.O. when he dropped that wack debut album. All the buzz that he built up died with that release.

Another cosign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 5:27 pm

Releasing albums have nothing to do with the beef you guys. Because of dissing LL and sonning hm, he got a deal, got noticed, got notoriety, etc. This was the beginning of the end for poor LL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 5:42 pm

Steve wrote:
Releasing albums have nothing to do with the beef you guys. Because of dissing LL and sonning hm, he got a deal, got noticed, got notoriety, etc. This was the beginning of the end for poor LL.

The thing is though, LL didn't lose any credibility with this battle. Canibus did because he failed to capitalize on the success of Second Round KO. He fell into obscurity after the release of Can-I-Bus and his reputation didn't fully recover. Sure, he came out with some dopeness but everyone thought that after the battle, that he was the next big hip-hop superstar but it didn't happen. He then went on to get murked by Eminem.

In the end, LL will always go down as a legend. Canibus will go down as a dope lyricist that never reached his full potential i.e. an afterthought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 5:43 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Steve wrote:

The thing is though, LL didn't lose any credibility with this battle. Canibus did because he failed to capitalize on the success of Second Round KO. He fell into obscurity after the release of Can-I-Bus and his reputation didn't fully recover. Sure, he came out with some dopeness but everyone thought that after the battle, that he was the next big hip-hop superstar but it didn't happen. He then went on to get murked by Eminem.

In the end, LL will always go down as a legend. Canibus will go down as a dope lyricist that never reached his full potential i.e. an afterthought.

Well said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 6:36 pm

So you still think nas beat Jay-z though, right KJ?
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 6:38 pm

Steve wrote:

Isn't that the consensus?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 6:47 pm

In my humble opinion, any focus on anything outside of what was laid on wax is homosexual in nature.

It's a rap beef. Dudes battled on wax for a reason. This ain't politics...we not talking about campaigns and deviant behavior while presenting their case to the public. The music. Nothing more, nothing less. Anything else comes off as dudes stroking LL's meat. Just my opinion, though.

To me, Can-I-Bus had the best diss record in the battle, but he only had one worthwhile diss record. In my opinion, LL had 2 worthy disses. The end of 4, 3, 2, 1...and this one:

That said...I think LL got the W.

Last edited by Norfeest on Wed 15 Sep 2010, 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 7:01 pm

Steve wrote:

Nas vs. Jay-Z will be covered in this hip hop beef series.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 7:01 pm

No one was talking to you wayne, take your bold italicized co-signs elsewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 7:03 pm

Steve wrote:
No one was talking to you wayne, take your bold italicized co-signs elsewhere.

I only said that because, respectively, this thread for LL vs. Canibus shouldn't be turned into Nas vs. Jay-Z. Chill out Steve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 7:04 pm

Well KJ uses the exact opposite of his backwards retarded logic to claim Nas beat Jay-Z. So you chill out and mind ya damn business.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 7:06 pm

shaking my head
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 7:06 pm

Wayne just doesn't want to blow the Nas/Jay-Z beef-load until his horrorscope clears it.

I just wanted to coin beef-load.

And, now I have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 7:07 pm

Steve wrote:
Well KJ uses the exact opposite of his backwards retarded logic to claim Nas beat Jay-Z. So you chill out and mind ya damn business.

Listen man, I have no issues with you and I'm not falling into any web of controversy or arguments. Let's keep it moving shall we.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 7:08 pm

The conversation was over when I told ya mind ya damn business. So keep it moving we shall.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 7:10 pm

Web arguments>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 7:15 pm

Shaun wrote:
Web arguments>>>>>>>>>>

Which your's truly will have NO part of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 8:02 pm

I feel both sides of this discussion.

Powell is correct that ultimitely LL won the war. But Canibus won the battle imo. 2nd Round KO was the best diss trk toward LL ever. Out off all LL beefs Canibus is the first one to actually shake his foundation more than a little.

So i'll give it to Canibus for being a virtual unknown and under dog but holding his on against a legend who never lost a battle on wax. LL's diss trk was vicious no doubt but it was just an after effect. Canibus lite a spark under his ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 8:04 pm

KRob The Rap God wrote:
I feel both sides of this discussion.

Powell is correct that ultimitely LL won the war. But Canibus won the battle imo. 2nd Round KO was the best diss trk toward LL ever. Out off all LL beefs Canibus is the first one to actually shake his foundation more than a little.

So i'll give it to Canibus for being a virtual unknown and under dog but holding his on against a legend who never lost a battle on wax. LL's diss trk was vicious no doubt but it was just an after effect. Canibus lite a spark under his ass.

Good points Kev.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 8:30 pm

Steve wrote:
The conversation was over when I told ya mind ya damn business. So keep it moving we shall.

Wayne has as much right to comment as anyone else in the forum.

And yes, I do feel Nas defeated Jay in that battle, and I'll explain why when that topic comes up.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 8:32 pm

Because the Colonials dropped tea in the water?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 8:32 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Steve wrote:

Wayne has as much right to comment as anyone else in the forum.

COSIGN
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 8:42 pm

Nas - better diss track

Jay - some dope tracks, but they all were just second to Nas

Jay - Ended up being on hip-hop Mt. Rushmore, with the sales, the accolades, the labels, Beyonce.

Nas - Ended up fizzling out after Stillmatic sale wise, never reaching those heights again, and is now largely forgotten about by mainstream hip-hop. Married an ugly woman, got divorced. became Jay's employee.

Need I go on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 8:50 pm

Steve wrote:
Nas - better diss track

Jay - some dope tracks, but they all were just second to Nas

Jay - Ended up being on hip-hop Mt. Rushmore, with the sales, the accolades, the labels, Beyonce.

Nas - Ended up fizzling out after Stillmatic sale wise, never reaching those heights again, and is now largely forgotten about by mainstream hip-hop. Married an ugly woman, got divorced. became Jay's employee.

Need I go on?

1) God's Son and Streets Disciple both went platinum so he didn't fizzle out sales wise.

2) How is a man that's never went less than gold and widely considered one of the greatest of all time forgotten about by mainstream hip-hop?

3) What does someone's personal life have to do with a battle?

4) He signed with Jay because Jay became the Def Jam president and he offered him more money than he was making previously. If anything, Jay probably wanted to sign him because he knew he couldn't beat Nas on the mic. I don't blame Nas, I would have signed too if more paper was involved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 9:26 pm

You're stanning for Nas, and that's fine. Do you.

By your criteria for Canibus losing, Nas lost too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 9:30 pm

Steve wrote:
You're stanning for Nas, and that's fine. Do you.

By your criteria for Canibus losing, Nas lost too.

Like I said man, I'll explain my reasoning as to why I feel Nas won (as well as the difference between the two battles) when the topic comes up.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 9:52 pm

Canibus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)   Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hip Hop Beef: Day 2 (LL vs. Canibus)
Page 1 of 1