Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MC Breed Discog

Go down 
AuthorMessage

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 7:38 pm

Can someone rate the rest of his discog? I own his first album and I did own Funkdafied.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 8:00 pm

wowsers

I thought you was up on game. I filled in my Breed collection when he passed away. I own:

1991 MC Breed & DFC
1992 20 Below
1993 The New Breed
1994 Funkafied
1995 Big Baller
1996 To Da Beat Ch'all
1997 Saucy/Rare Breed (Same CD)
1997 Flatline
1999 It's All Good
2000 The Thugz, Vol. 1
2001 The Fharmacist
2004 The New Prescription

1999 2 for the Show

I can listen to em and rank em better this week, any particular one you interested in?
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 10:26 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
wowsers

I thought you was up on game. I filled in my Breed collection when he passed away. I own:

1991 MC Breed & DFC
1992 20 Below
1993 The New Breed
1994 Funkafied
1995 Big Baller
1996 To Da Beat Ch'all
1997 Saucy/Rare Breed (Same CD)
1997 Flatline
1999 It's All Good
2000 The Thugz, Vol. 1
2001 The Fharmacist
2004 The New Prescription

1999 2 for the Show

I can listen to em and rank em better this week, any particular one you interested in?

None of his albums past 1996 interest me. But 20 Below and The New Breed are the top 2 i'm thinking about.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 10:32 pm

That's a shame. New Prescription is really dope. Breed is on his lyrical game on there. You should download that one kev. I think you'd dig it. I will post my ratings as I spin em.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 10:43 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
That's a shame. New Prescription is really dope. Breed is on his lyrical game on there. You should download that one kev. I think you'd dig it. I will post my ratings as I spin em.

I'll wait for you ratings and then download accordingly.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 10:44 pm

pussy ass bear, I'm telling you to download that one. It's really dope, I think you'll spin it and be like damn I didn't know breed could bring it like that in 2004... bet
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 11:02 pm

Just spun new prescription. real solid as I said.. 4.25 score or more... download that kevin.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 11:10 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Just spun new prescription. real solid as I said.. 4.25 score or more... download that kevin.

Do you have access to a quick link mofo?
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 11:12 pm

take away the spaces you big pussy ass bear

MC Breed Discog Naughty-Bear-Packing-Heat-e1278716480685

Last edited by Southern Rap Pro on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 11:23 pm

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its dl'ing now...you can erase the link.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 11:41 pm

Since you already had his first one and Funkafied I would make his '97 album Flatline your next buy. That has production from Ant Banks and Jazze Pha and features from Pimp C, Kurupt among others. Real solid production, i'd give it around 4 stars. You should give Funkafied another chance as well. Both are really cheap to buy new from amazon.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 11:44 pm

Matt wrote:
Since you already had his first one and Funkafied I would make his '97 album Flatline your next buy. That has production from Ant Banks and Jazze Pha and features from Pimp C, Kurupt among others. Real solid production, i'd give it around 4 stars. You should give Funkafied another chance as well. Both are really cheap to buy new from amazon.

Yeah I got Fundafied in my cart now. Haven't heard it in a looong time. I got 20 Below in their also. How does Flatline compare to those?
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 11:47 pm

20 below ain't bad... but not one of his best... I'd go with flatline over it....Funkafied to me is a must own.

The Fharmacist rating - around 3.25... some real solid cuts, but a lot of bland production and club attempts... he wrecks shop on a few tracks though.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 11:50 pm

Erotic D produced most of Flatline... real dope producer... from Fort Worth!
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSat 18 Sep 2010, 11:57 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
20 below ain't bad... but not one of his best... I'd go with flatline over it....Funkafied to me is a must own.

I just ordered To Da Beat Ch'all. How is that one SRP?
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep 2010, 12:02 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Erotic D produced most of Flatline... real dope producer... from Fort Worth!

Yeah I just sampled that one and it got me. That one is getting scooped.

Yo SRP i'm digging this New Prescr. so far just skiming throught it..
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep 2010, 12:05 am

Yeah man, New Prescription is real dope...its weird, but it sounds like Breed was most focused on being lyrical on that album, which is weird considering it came like 14 years after his debut.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep 2010, 12:13 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Yeah man, New Prescription is real dope...its weird, but it sounds like Breed was most focused on being lyrical on that album, which is weird considering it came like 14 years after his debut.

Yeah I had noticed a change in his written around that time on the song he had on that Realest Niggaz Down South comp album.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep 2010, 12:45 pm

Well - Flatline - solid 4.25 from me - maybe more.

Big Baller - around 3.25 again - 3.5. Not a bad album at all, just a little different direction, with some east coast funky elements. So a little different.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 12:40 am

To Da Beat Y'all - 3.75
20 Below - 3.25

Both have some real solid songs. To da beat y'all a little more truer to Breed's style, 20 Below was a little different in the production, both have some stone cold jams. If they are cheap and you are big fan you will enjoy em.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 11:36 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
To Da Beat Y'all - 3.75
20 Below - 3.25

Both have some real solid songs. To da beat y'all a little more truer to Breed's style, 20 Below was a little different in the production, both have some stone cold jams. If they are cheap and you are big fan you will enjoy em.

Well 3.25 does not make me want to hear it..lol. I'll check out that To Da Beat after I get Flatline.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 11:58 pm

Yeah, It's not really a bad score. Going by the score inflation around here I'd probably be adding 1 star to all my scores and claiming MC Breed made nothing but 5 star classics during the 1990s. But 20 Below probably isn't your style anyway. How would you rate that new prescription?
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 10:09 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Yeah, It's not really a bad score. Going by the score inflation around here I'd probably be adding 1 star to all my scores and claiming MC Breed made nothing but 5 star classics during the 1990s. But 20 Below probably isn't your style anyway. How would you rate that new prescription?

I haven't listened to it yet. I only skimmed it. I'll listen to it now while i'm working and give you a quick rating.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 12:56 pm

Kev, you should check out those Kokain Kowboyz songs I posted in the rate this song thread. I think you'd dig them even though you hate Coo Coo Cal.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 3:13 pm

[quote="Southern Rap Pro"]Yeah, It's not really a bad score. Going by the score inflation around here I'd probably be adding 1 star to all my scores and claiming MC Breed made nothing but 5 star classics during the 1990s. But 20 Below probably isn't your style anyway. How would you rate that new prescription?[/quote]

I'll give it a 3.5-3.75 easily. Lyrically and style wise its on point throughout but he kind of kept all the beats on the same tempo and that wore a tad thin. But its way better than I thought it would be. Glad you rec'ed it to me. I ordered Flatline and Funkdafied.
Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 3:14 pm

Jeff wrote:
Kev, you should check out those Kokain Kowboyz songs I posted in the rate this song thread. I think you'd dig them even though you hate Coo Coo Cal.

I'll check them out as soon as I get home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MC Breed Discog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MC Breed Discog   MC Breed Discog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MC Breed Discog
Page 1 of 1