Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chemistry: Part Two

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Chemistry: Part Two Empty
PostSubject: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 8:01 am

Name some songs that come to mind where there no chemistry displayed by the artists, respectively. You can also discuss whether the artists in question still produced a quality song or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 12:41 pm

Nas feat. Jay-Z Black Republican
Kurupt feat. T-Mo- Tequila
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 3:38 pm

Wayne is gonna lynch u for that Kev, lol.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 4:27 pm

So is KJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 4:50 pm

You all should be lynched.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 5:05 pm

Y'all Should All Get Lynched*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 5:14 pm

Why are you quoting that NYOIL song?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 5:17 pm

Because I said so
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 5:34 pm

My Mind's Made Up - 2Pac, Kurupt, Daz, Redman & Method Man

Welcome to D-Block - Jadakiss & Eminem

Touchdown - T.I. & Eminem

Nas & Jay-Z - Success

Most Slaughterhouse songs...

Those are just off the top. The first 4 due mainly to the fact that they were probably never actually in the studio together.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 5:52 pm

thelundquist wrote:

Nas & Jay-Z - Success

Those are just off the top. The first 4 due mainly to the fact that they were probably never actually in the studio together.

That joint is a classic son.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 6:36 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
thelundquist wrote:

Nas & Jay-Z - Success

That joint is a classic son.

Didn't say it wasn't, but there is definitely a detached feeling there, no chemistry between the artists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 6:48 pm

lundquist is as dumb as mysterio sometimes:

Daz: We did that song at my house. Kurupt had brought Method Man and Redman over to my house. And Inspectah Deck was on the song too. He was at the end-"I.N.S., the rebel...." Just his voice. They had taken his voice. They had taken his verse out and kept the background 'cause it sounded good.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 6:52 pm

Steve wrote:

Daz: We did that song at my house. Kurupt had brought Method Man and Redman over to my house. And Inspectah Deck was on the song too. He was at the end-"I.N.S., the rebel...." Just his voice. They had taken his voice. They had taken his verse out and kept the background 'cause it sounded good.

Is that true? I've read differently, but if so then I'm wrong about them not recording it together, my bad, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a lack of chemistry on that track. I'm not going to change my stance on that.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 6:57 pm

thelundquist wrote:
Steve wrote:

Is that true? I've read differently, but if so then I'm wrong about them not recording it together, my bad, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a lack of chemistry on that track. I'm not going to change my stance on that.

Just read the article, that's way more cool that what I had believed. I'm happy to be wrong.

ADDED: They recorded together, and that's really cool, but there is still a lack of chemistry on the song. IMO

Last edited by thelundquist on Wed 22 Sep 2010, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added extra comment)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 11:25 pm

Not just because they are my #1 and #2 respectively, I disagree with the Black Republican and Success choices.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 2:54 pm

Wayne wrote:
Not just because they are my #1 and #2 respectively, I disagree with the Black Republican and Success choices.

Co-Sign, I thought those were two of the dopest songs on Hip Hop Is Dead and American Gangster respectively.

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 2:56 pm

They were. That doesn't mean they had chemistry. It sounded like they were competing with each other, which is the opposite of what chemistry is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 2:59 pm

Shaun wrote:
They were. That doesn't mean they had chemistry. It sounded like they were competing with each other, which is the opposite of what chemistry is.

I see what you're saying, however, it doesn't seem like they were competing with each other on the songs IMO, especially Success.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 3:00 pm

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I was speaking solely on Black Republican.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 3:05 pm

Shaun wrote:
Yeah, I forgot to mention that I was speaking solely on Black Republican.

Got you, and IMO, even on that song, I never got the sense of them competing. It was more like a monumental occasion, of sorts, considering that this was there first collaboration together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 3:43 pm

Black Republican? They couldn't even fucking agree on subject matter. Jay-Z is breaking down their history and Nas is spouting nonsense as usual.

How is that hate?

Last edited by Jeff on Wed 22 Sep 2010, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 3:45 pm

U guys r nas stabs so ur opinion is invalid
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 3:46 pm

lol @ Nas stabs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 3:53 pm

Shut up my phone makes corrections for me, it should seeing how it cost me more than Jeff makes a month
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 3:54 pm

Says the 34 year old college student.

Why is that old people are so obsessed about money?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010, 4:14 pm

Jeff, you do nothing except bash Nas so I listen to nothing you have to say about the man.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 2:16 am

I agree with Touchdown...the song and chemistry was awful....Got My Mind Made Up is a classic though. The chemistry was there IMO.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 3:03 am

I don't think Got My Mind Made Up is a bad song. I like it a lot actually and agree that it's classic, but to me the chemistry isn't there like it should/could be. Apparently it's just me though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chemistry: Part Two   Chemistry: Part Two Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chemistry: Part Two
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: