Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theater Of The Mind

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Theater Of The Mind Empty
PostSubject: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 4:34 pm

Yes, as of this posting, this is another album I'm bumping. I'm a Luda fan, and this album I consider his best (it's also my favorite album from him). I do recall Terry making a comment about this album being the one in Luda's discog that most East Coast heads would say is his best, and I agreed with that then and I still agree with it now. IMO, it seems like he was more energetic lyrically on this album and the production wasn't too far behind either. What you think?

Theater Of The Mind Theater_of_the_Mind
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 4:37 pm

First, this should go in New Skool Hip Hop

Second, Word Of Mouf>>>>>>>>>>>

This is a dope album, though. Gets right around 4 stars from me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 4:38 pm

Shaun wrote:
First, this should go in New Skool Hip Hop

Second, Word Of Mouf>>>>>>>>>>>

This is a dope album, though. Gets right around 4 stars from me

I have Word Of Mouf second behind this album. Both are 4.5 stars from me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 4:44 pm

Back For The First Time bitches.
Back to top Go down
CABNumber
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
CABNumber

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 4:52 pm

I'v never been a fan of Ludacris but I understand why cats like him he's a talented dude. But for some risen I always got the impression that he was bitting of Busta not by his flow but his presence and what his music is focused on and I'v just always felt that way about him. Plus he seems like one of those dude's that jumps on the bandwagon and tries make money of of it basically a sellout. On Another note I just put Busta Rhymes under my sellout list couple months ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 4:54 pm

CABNumber wrote:
I'v never been a fan of Ludacris but I understand why cats like him he's a talented dude. But for some risen I always got the impression that he was bitting of Busta not by his flow but his presence and what his music is focused on and I'v just always felt that way about him. Plus he seems like one of those dude's that jumps on the bandwagon and tries make money of of it basically a sellout. On Another note I just put Busta Rhymes under my sellout list couple months ago.

So it's safe to say you don't own any Luda albums right, lol?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 4:59 pm

Nice sig
Back to top Go down
CABNumber
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
CABNumber

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:07 pm

Wayne wrote:

Actually I own "The Red Light District" love the track and the video for "Get back" one of very few tracks I like from him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:08 pm

CABNumber wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Actually I own "The Red Light District" love the track and the video for "Get back" one of very few tracks I like from him.

I've always liked Get Back also. Tight track.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:09 pm

Get Back is like the 50th best Luda track
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:10 pm

Shaun wrote:
Get Back is like the 50th best Luda track

Could be right on that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:22 pm

I'd say this is his 3rd best album, behind his first two. 4.25 stars.

My favorite tracks are MVP, I Do It For Hip Hop, and Undisputed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:23 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
I'd say this is his 3rd best album, behind his first two. 4.25 stars.

My favorite tracks are MVP, I Do It For Hip Hop, and Undisputed.

Those are 3 of my favorites also. I also like Southern Gangsta a lot, even if it does have Rick Ross on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:24 pm

Undisputed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:24 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Wow, we actually agree on something!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:26 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Lol. I like Back For The First Time. 4 stars from me, not better than TOTM though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:26 pm

CABNumber wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Not for nothing, but The Red Light District isn't his best work. It's a 4 star album at best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:27 pm

Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Lol. I like Back For The First Time. 4 stars from me, not better than TOTM though.

TOTM had better production, but I thought Luda's lyrics were better on Back For The First Time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:28 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
CABNumber wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Not for nothing, but The Red Light District isn't his best work. It's a 4 star album at best.

I actually ordered Red Light District (for the second time, first time I bought it was the week before or after it came out in November 2004) again. I recall giving it 4 stars when I had it, now we'll see if that rating still stands once the item arrives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:29 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

TOTM had better production, but I thought Luda's lyrics were better on Back For The First Time.

I can respect that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:32 pm

My personal Luda rankings

Back For The First Time (5 stars, personal classic)
Word Of Mouf (4.5-4.75 stars)
Theater Of The Mind (4.25-4.5 stars)
Chicken & Beer (4.25 stars)
The Red Light District (4 stars)
Release Therapy (3.5 stars)
Battle Of The Sexes (2-2.5 stars)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:34 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:

And I'll be back with my ranking once Red Light District and Release Therapy arrives, lol.

Yo KJ, did you like Last of a Dying Breed with Lil Wayne? I'm not a fan of Wayne, but I'll admit he did kill it on that verse. Didn't outshine Luda though.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:52 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:53 pm

Word Of Mouf and Back For The First Time are neck and neck, and then everything after that is an obvious step down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:55 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Word Of Mouf and Back For The First Time are neck and neck, and then everything after that is an obvious step down.

I would consider Battle of the Sexes to be his only step down............... until he returns with "Ludaversal" (followed by Theater Of The Mind 2, lol).
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:58 pm

Are you saying those next two albums are going to be steps down?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:59 pm

Shaun wrote:
Are you saying those next two albums are going to be steps down?

NOT AT ALL, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 8:03 pm

Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

And I'll be back with my ranking once Red Light District and Release Therapy arrives, lol.

Yo KJ, did you like Last of a Dying Breed with Lil Wayne? I'm not a fan of Wayne, but I'll admit he did kill it on that verse. Didn't outshine Luda though.

Yeah that song was dope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 8:04 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

Yeah that song was dope.

Yes indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 9:13 pm

Back For The First Time is overrated as hell to me.

Theater Of The Mind is my 2nd fav Luda album. I only have 2 fav albums form him. The rest all just play the same to me give or take. I'll give TOTM a 4.25 or so easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theater Of The Mind   Theater Of The Mind Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theater Of The Mind
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: