55% [ 11 ]
KRS One is still dope
45%
 45% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Thu 23 Dec 2010, 7:18 pm

Shaun wrote:
LMAO @ KJ not being able to see that Hyphy and Bimothy were two sides of the same coin. Hyphy got deleted back in the day, too...

Yep, that was the only purpose of this too. I even tried to discuss this with KJ. I asked him to give me a reason other than the fact they have a double standard as to why they wanted hyphy banned but not bimothy... he gave me BS... like "I wasn't the only one who wanted hyphy gone."

Then I simply comprised and told him Bimothy could stay as long as he admitted there he had a double standard in this... but instead he said I was the one being hypocritical.

I'm just handing it out even here.

Bimothy is posting bullshit in one thread over and over... and ridiculous shit... I have no problem with it, but this was the same reason you fools wanted hyphy gone so Bimothy got the same treatment.

He's welcome back with open arms to post the exact same shit if he wants... just like we welcomed hyphy back...
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Thu 23 Dec 2010, 8:55 pm

I'm bout to delete kj for all his bitching and whining. He's starting to sound like a steve. Kj I don't know why you don't see that they are the same type of member. I don't really care if he shows back up even today. But you on the other hand bitch more than a nun on her rag. Why don't you stop complaining so fucking much about things that don't even concern you. It makes you look even more stupid than your on topic retarded posts make you sound.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Thu 23 Dec 2010, 9:27 pm

yOGi420™ wrote:
I'm bout to delete kj for all his bitching and whining. He's starting to sound like a steve. Kj I don't know why you don't see that they are the same type of member. I don't really care if he shows back up even today. But you on the other hand bitch more than a nun on her rag. Why don't you stop complaining so fucking much about things that don't even concern you. It makes you look even more stupid than your on topic retarded posts make you sound.

Well let's not jump ahead of ourselves... KJ is sometimes difficult, but at the same time it's not like a lot of us don't bait or provoke him from time to time... he's not gonna understand this and complain about it, but it's whatever...
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Thu 23 Dec 2010, 9:55 pm

I'm not jumping the gun, I'm just saying that he should just chill the fuck out about shit that has NOTHING to do with him or even affects his forum life.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Thu 23 Dec 2010, 10:01 pm

Well you know anytime KRS ONE is mentioned it affects KJ.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Thu 23 Dec 2010, 10:06 pm

Hhahahahahaa how tru

Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Thu 23 Dec 2010, 11:46 pm

Kj takes this shit to heart but it's ok because I don't think he has anything else in life
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Fri 24 Dec 2010, 12:30 am

Cory wrote:
Kj takes this shit to heart but it's ok because I don't think he has anything else in life

What the fuck you know about me you Canadian Cocksucker. I've got far more than your bum ass, eat a fat dick!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Fri 24 Dec 2010, 12:38 am

LMAO @ Yogi threatening to delete me!!! What a pussy!

What's the matter Yogi, ran out of picnic baskets? Can dish out trash talk but can't take it? C'Mon Son! If you have any backbone whatsoever, you'd be able to take heat as well as dish it out.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Fri 24 Dec 2010, 1:08 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:
I back your decision srp. Fair is fair. No one can say that we are wrong for trying to treat all members the same.

You and Pedro are a couple of clowns. You brought Hyphy's bitch ass in here to piss people off, yet Bimothy does something that rubs Pedro the wrong way and he gets deleted.

The difference between the two scenerios is that Hyphy added nothing to discussions, and is only back now because you and and LOL posse had gay sex together allowing you to become an admin, which gave you the power to bring Hyphy back. Fuckin bullshit.

What exactly did Bimothy do wrong besides disagree with Pedro and Jeff? NOTHING! Pedro just abused his power as usual.

SRP is a hypocritical bitch. If Hyphy has the right to his opinions than so does Bimothy. It's just that Hyphy amuses you assgoblins, but Bimothy not so much so he got banned. Fuckin bullshit!

KJ stop wasting your time man. You already know what it is with these lame ducks and pussy bears. Don't let it bother you like that. No one ever see's the real bullshit of this forum. Fuck'em.

I get where the LOL Posse is TRYING to come from. But like KJ said Hyphy came in as a very obvious clown. VERY OBVIOUS. But clowns run this forum so I see the relation.

Last edited by KRob TheRapGod on Fri 24 Dec 2010, 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Fri 24 Dec 2010, 2:47 am

emo
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Fri 24 Dec 2010, 9:38 am

Who' the LOL Posse?

I think we've pretty much discussed KRS outside of the studio, but what actually sucks about his music? His lyrics? His beat choices? His subject matter? His style? As far as lyrics and style go, they hadn't changed much since I Got Next. I'll give you beat selection, which took a downturn after Sneak Attack, but I think his beats are steadily improving. He's working on collabs with Showbiz (Godsville) and Premo (Return of the Boom Bip). Maybe ther's hope yet.

Maybe we've already discussed this, but I just too damn lazy to go back and read. Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Fri 24 Dec 2010, 5:33 pm

Kj your an old ass man with nothing in life but this forum I feel bad for you
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Fri 24 Dec 2010, 5:38 pm

"Who' the LOL Posse?"

Anyone who has ever made a joke on this site. Or used the chatbox. Or said 'lol'.

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Fri 24 Dec 2010, 5:41 pm

Jack of Spades wrote:
Who' the LOL Posse?

I think we've pretty much discussed KRS outside of the studio, but what actually sucks about his music? His lyrics? His beat choices? His subject matter? His style? As far as lyrics and style go, they hadn't changed much since I Got Next. I'll give you beat selection, which took a downturn after Sneak Attack, but I think his beats are steadily improving. He's working on collabs with Showbiz (Godsville) and Premo (Return of the Boom Bip). Maybe ther's hope yet.

Maybe we've already discussed this, but I just too damn lazy to go back and read. Big Grin

Ok, here's some thing to discuss. Those are some decent points. HOWEVER, I point to a song like "Animal Grammar" from Doc Ish's The First Treatment (dropped this year). DOPE beat, but guess what? KRS, even while sounding inspired, isn't focused in the least. He sounds fiery, but his lyrics lack anything of substance (and I don't mean conceptually, I mean even the battle raps), and his flow is all over the place. It makes me wonder if he's wasting dope producers' time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Fri 24 Dec 2010, 9:16 pm

Cory wrote:
Kj your an old ass man with nothing in life but this forum I feel bad for you

Fool I got money, a dope whip, and a bad bitch who ain't a damn hoe ass stripper so eat a dick!
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Sat 25 Dec 2010, 11:02 am

Jeff wrote:
Jack of Spades wrote:
Who' the LOL Posse?

Ok, here's some thing to discuss. Those are some decent points. HOWEVER, I point to a song like "Animal Grammar" from Doc Ish's The First Treatment (dropped this year). DOPE beat, but guess what? KRS, even while sounding inspired, isn't focused in the least. He sounds fiery, but his lyrics lack anything of substance (and I don't mean conceptually, I mean even the battle raps), and his flow is all over the place. It makes me wonder if he's wasting dope producers' time.

So it's his lyrics and lack of focus. OK, I'll give you the first track on Metahistorical. I was a little dissappointed with the lyrics (although I love the retro beat and the fact that he sounded like the early 90's KRS) Lyrics were a little unfocused for a battle rhyme, but there are other aspects of the song that make it dope. The lack of focus gives the impression that Kris is letting the beats carry him? Mybe that's why alot of people are dissappointed?

This is getting better IMO. I think all of the lyrics are on-point for his EP as well as the new song - Times Up, Basically blasting the digital DJ. Maybe the poor reviews on Metahistorical will make him take a closer look at his lyrics.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Sat 25 Dec 2010, 11:27 am

Personally, I find it difficult to listen to KRS for long periods of time. His tone and attitude just annoy the shit out of me.

With the topics he approaches, he's bound to alienate the listener eventually...if the listener has any independent thought process.

He deals with a lot of subjects that tend to provoke strong opinion. He approaches these topics as an emcee...no room for confusion or any other point of view. But...these aren't the usual types of emcee fodder.

When you're disagreeing with KRS, you're not disagreeing about 'who's the king of NY?', you're disagreeing about polarizing socio/political theory.

Like I said, any free thinker is going cross that road with KRS. And when it happens, right or wrong, it paints him as a douchebag to the listener...because, right or wrong, some of us have opinions as strong as he does.

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Sun 26 Dec 2010, 1:03 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Personally, I find it difficult to listen to SLAINE or R.A. for long periods of time. Their tone, lyrics, flow and attitude just annoy the shit out of me.

With the topics they approach and the bullshit that they spout off, they are bound to alienate the listener eventually...if the listener has any independent thought process.

they deal with a lot of subjects that tend to provoke strong opinion. they approach these topics as an emcee...no room for confusion or any other point of view. But...these aren't the usual types of emcee fodder.

When you're disagreeing with SLAINE OR R.A, you're not disagreeing about "who's the biggest underground emcee of all-time?" because we know that both of them are, what you're disagreeing with is kid joe's theory of relativity and when that happens you're bound to awake the spirits of dead dogs and confused bunny rabbits.

Like I said, any free thinker is going cross that road with SLAINE OR R.A...... And when it happens, right or wrong, it paints them as a douchebag to the listener outside of kid joe obviously who worships the toilet bowls they shit in...because, right or wrong, some of us have opinions as strong as they do.

affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Sun 26 Dec 2010, 4:31 pm

lol...there is definitely some merit to comically editing others' posts. That was genuinely funny, Pile.

How's that AOTP?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Sun 26 Dec 2010, 4:38 pm

Hey guys

Nas

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Sun 26 Dec 2010, 4:42 pm

What the fuck you talkin about Half?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Sun 26 Dec 2010, 4:51 pm

Exactly that
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Sun 26 Dec 2010, 9:40 pm

nasnasnasnasnasnasnasnasnasnasnasnasnasnasnasnasnasnasnasnas

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Sun 26 Dec 2010, 11:33 pm

Jay-Z
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Mon 27 Dec 2010, 2:56 am

Half wrote:
Hey guys

Nas

LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Mon 27 Dec 2010, 8:53 am

parker lewis wrote:
lol...there is definitely some merit to comically editing others' posts. That was genuinely funny, Pile.

How's that AOTP?

Actually the one I've been bumping the most from your rec's has been the Killah Priest which is bangin mane (4.25 stars) very dope lyrics and the production is pretty good.....that was a strong rec right there man
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Mon 27 Dec 2010, 10:22 am

D.Powell wrote:
parker lewis wrote:

How's that AOTP?

Actually the one I've been bumping the most from your rec's has been the Killah Priest which is bangin mane (4.25 stars) very dope lyrics and the production is pretty good.....that was a strong rec right there man

What album?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Mon 27 Dec 2010, 1:32 pm

3 Day Theory is probably in my top 5 this year.

The 60 Second Assassin and Lost Children of Babylon albums have a similar sound I think.
Back to top Go down
Diallo Brownz
Woof
Woof

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Tue 28 Dec 2010, 11:33 am

OK...OK...I have to ask this question: WHAT IN THE HELL, IS GOING ON AT THIS SITE?

Who are the Moderators and who is the owner? Is this a professional and serious site? I have NEVER been to a site where you will get DELETED or banned...and you haven't broken in forum rules! If I (Bimothy) had, please inform me which ones...

I came to this site to discuss hip hop and share the culture with people. I give my experiences from being a part of hip hop since....hell I can't even remember. I was into it since the Fat Boys were big. I was in it when Sugar Hill dropped, when Roxanne was dissing UTFO. I was actually a part of hip hop, not going back and watching on youtube. I've forgotten more hip hop than some people ever knew. Hip Hop is my generations music. Imagine trying to tell your parents about the Chi-Lites or the Temptations...there's nothing you can tell them.

I've been checked and schooled in it myself, because I travelled a lot and lived in different regions. I lived in NY, ATL, Jamaica, Alaska, Cali, etc. Every place I went I chopped it up with the headz there and got their perspectives. I had to be schooled because I'm from Florida, and Florida (as most of the South) lost sight of hip hop a while back. We were thinking booty music was hip hop, which loosely it is, but in a way it isn't. I had to be checked by NY dukes who schooled me on what's hip hop. It took a couple of years before I realized the error of my thinking and digressed.

That's my response to folk saying I'm spouting ridiculous statements. I say take the regional diks out your mouths and do the knowledge!

Concerning KRS, I stated he's not a favorite of mine, but still I can see that he has skills. He is holding hip hop in its purest form. He says he writes a battle rap for every emcee in the top ten every year, just to be ready in case he needs it. THAT IS HIP HOP!
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Tue 28 Dec 2010, 12:49 pm

welcome back Bimothy. You got deleted out of just treating all members equally. we have another member that got deleted for making similar remarks and to be fair we had to do the same for you. Nothing personal and you won't get it again. enjoy and stay active homie.

Back to top Go down
Diallo Brownz
Woof
Woof

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Tue 28 Dec 2010, 1:39 pm

yOGi420™ wrote:
welcome back Bimothy. You got deleted out of just treating all members equally. we have another member that got deleted for making similar remarks and to be fair we had to do the same for you. Nothing personal and you won't get it again. enjoy and stay active homie.

OK I understand what transpired now. (I changed my name again)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Tue 28 Dec 2010, 2:07 pm

Yep, welcome back man, you are free to do and say what you want here really. The only downside to that is we don't really have any set rules here. People act as they wish but if we as a community decide someone has overstepped the bounds we just kind of speak amongst ourselves and take action.

In your case, I don't think you overstepped any bounds at all.

What happened was earlier this year we had a member similar to you with a strong opinion, the only difference was that he loved the opposite type of music. Some people in the forum bitched and complained enough to the point we deleted that kid just so they would shut the fuck up. I felt it was only fair to do the same in this situation to even things up even though those same people were not surprisingly quiet this time around.

I personally feel that as long as people are talking hip-hop and not getting too personal about things we should let people do as they wish.

Back to top Go down
chingy > nas
Half Dolla
Half Dolla

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Wed 12 Jan 2011, 5:49 pm

krs one would lose in a freestyle battle to k-fed
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Wed 12 Jan 2011, 11:16 pm

chingy > nas wrote: