Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Empty
PostSubject: XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover   XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 12:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting shit.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover   XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 1:27 pm

Yo Pedro, didn't Matt Barone used to write for RR?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover   XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 4:21 pm

Yes, I think he did, we've had some writers end up on major mags or online mags (hhdx, allhiphop, etc.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover   XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 5:17 pm

Matt Barone also used to write for HipHopSite, which is where that interview he referenced in this editorial is from.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover   XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 7:28 pm

Goretex didn't change his name for his guest spot on the Caligula album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover   XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:33 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Goretex didn't change his name for his guest spot on the Caligula album.

SMH.

Joe, you realize it's up to the labels what they call the artist on the records they put out, right? Why do you think Xzibit is listed as Zizbit TWICE on Kurupt's Streetz Iz A Mutha? Goretex is also referred to as Goretex on the Guerilla War Tactix album (which you really should have checked out) but Gore can't get sued for something he really has no control over.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover   XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:33 pm

LOL, ZIzbit for real?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover   XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:37 pm

"I’m the guy who’s watched David Lynch’s 2001 brain-scrambler of a film Mulholland Drive upwards of 20 times just so I can reassess its central plot over and over again."

Lol bad idea man...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover   XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 8:43 am

Esco wrote:
LOL, ZIzbit for real?

Yeah, most people miss it. I always assumed there was some label turmoil to blame because of it. Most people list it correctly online, bit I own the OG cd, and it says Zizbit, twice. With no "appears courtesy of loud records" either.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover   XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 8:44 am

Guilty wrote:
Esco wrote:
LOL, ZIzbit for real?

Yeah, most people miss it. I always assumed there was some label turmoil to blame because of it. Most people list it correctly online, bit I own the OG cd, and it says Zizbit, twice. With no "appears courtesy of loud records" either.

I guess i never noticed it. I'll have to pull out the cd tonight, LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover   XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 8:45 am

I only noticed it because a friend of mine took the linears out and pulled it out all the way as a poster for his wall, one day it fell down and I read them a little closer and I was like "WTF".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover   XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XXL Editorial Compares Kanye's "Power" Video to Goretex's "Art Of Dying" Album Cover
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Guest's News-
Jump to: