Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)

Go down 
+4
Highsmith
Half
Shaun
Funk Seoul Brother
8 posters

The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion
The Roots
GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Vote_lcap67%GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Vote_rcap
 67% [ 10 ]
Organized Konfusion
GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Vote_lcap33%GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Empty
PostSubject: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 7:47 pm

GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) The-roots

vs.

GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) L_eeed8c8846d2aa725713809e713a0472
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:07 pm

Roots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:07 pm

I really like both, but I gotta go with Roots on this one.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:10 pm

Roots but OK is a dope group.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:20 pm

Roots
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:24 pm

OK because they won't win
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 8:48 pm

The Legendary Roots Crew
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 9:07 pm

The Roots
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 10:20 pm

OK because I like them just a little bit more.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 10:12 am

Myestro wrote:
OK because I like them just a little bit more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 10:21 am

Stress: The Extinction Agenda vs. Illadelph Halflife?
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 3:01 pm

Real close, but I'm goin with The Roots.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 4:33 pm

Wayne wrote:

i think id take OK's first two over any Roots album, but thats very close...Illadelph is about the same as both of them...but the other Roots albums arent as good as those first two OK albums
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 5:57 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Wayne wrote:

i think id take OK's first two over any Roots album, but thats very close...Illadelph is about the same as both of them...but the other Roots albums arent as good as those first two OK albums

I can respect that.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 8:38 pm

The Roots. Not many can fuck with a catalog that big and strong. Definitely not OK with 3 albums with only one being classic (or two....maybe).
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 8:40 pm

I guess I'd say I dig 2 Roots album more than any OK album, and OK's debut is one of my all time favs (Things Fall Apart >> Illadelph Halflife >> Do You Want More).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 8:54 pm

Alan wrote:
The Roots. Not many can fuck with a catalog that big and strong. Definitely not OK with 3 albums with only one being classic (or two....maybe).

Agreed, Stress is not a classic IMO. I'd take Illadelph, TFA, and DYWM over any OK album including their classic debut, I like Game Theory more than Stress, and would say How I Got Over is on par with it. And I'd take any Roots album except for maybe Organix over The Equinox.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 8:56 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Alan wrote:

Agreed, Stress is not a classic IMO. I'd take Illadelph, TFA, and DYWM over any OK album including their classic debut, I like Game Theory more than Stress, and would say How I Got Over is on par with it. And I'd take any Roots album except for maybe The Organix over Equinox.

Stress >>>>>>>> OK IMO. Alan and I already had this convo a while back but if you guys want to talk about it again I'd be more than happy to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 8:59 pm

Half wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Alan wrote:

Agreed, Stress is not a classic IMO. I'd take Illadelph, TFA, and DYWM over any OK album including their classic debut, I like Game Theory more than Stress, and would say How I Got Over is on par with it. And I'd take any Roots album except for maybe The Organix over Equinox.

Stress >>>>>>>> OK IMO. Alan and I already had this convo a while back but if you guys want to talk about it again I'd be more than happy to.

I don't dislike Stress, it's just that there's a couple tracks I skip on it whereas I don't skip anything on OK's debut. Illadelph Halflife is the best album between either group though IMO.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 9:00 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Half wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Alan wrote:

I don't dislike Stress, it's just that there's a couple tracks I skip on it whereas I don't skip anything on OK's debut. Illadelph Halflife is the best album between either group though IMO.

Which tracks do you skip?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 9:48 pm

Half wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Half wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Alan wrote:

3-2-1 and Keep It Koming
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 9:49 pm

i think OK may be slightly > Stress
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 11:33 pm

Their debut is definitely better IMO. I like their personalities more is what it comes down too. Straight lyricism, less posturing.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 4:18 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Half wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Half wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Alan wrote:

3-2-1 and Keep It Koming

Wow, 3-2-1 is one of the better songs on the album IMO. That beat is fire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)   GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GGOAT Day 2 Round 2: The Roots vs. Organized Konfusion (Bracket 1)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: