Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!

Go down 
+4
Highsmith
Wanduras
parker lewis
Laced With Slang
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Empty
PostSubject: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 5:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 6:22 pm

wow, this was unexpected to say the least...im not sure if i like this move

id rather him space his albums out more, keeps stuff fresher, and its hard for me to still get excited fro Def Jam releases but we'll see...i sure as fuck hope he delivers

Apparently Raekwon confirmed this is coming out Dec. 14th on his Twitter, but we all know how reliable Rae's word is! lmao

also here's some additional info NOT FOUND on the hiphopdx link

Quote :
Ghostface Killah Announces The Apollo Kids for December 14, Lines Up Two More New Albums
10/12/2010 By Josiah Hughes

Aside from his work on Wu-Massacre and a few guest spots, it's been a while since we've heard new music from Wu-Tang favourite Ghostface Killah. The rapper's last solo release was 2009's Ghostdini: Wizard of Poetry in Emerald City, a weird, sexed-up R&B experiment. Fortunately, the rapper appears to be returning to form with three new albums on the horizon.

The first is an album due out on December 14 called The Apollo Kids. Ghostface announced the record in a tweet earlier today (October 12), and while little else is known in terms of details — like if this is a compilation or a proper studio album — his 2000 hit “Apollo Kids” stands as one of his most universally loved songs.

In addition to the winter release, Prefix reports that Ghostface is working on two more albums. One is called Blue & Cream and the other is a sequel to his breakthrough 2000 album Supreme Clientele, simply called Supreme Clientele 2. This follows Raekwon's epic Cuban Linx sequel and the GZA's upcoming Liquid Swords 2.

Stay tuned for more details as they become available. In the meantime, Ghostface will continue on a massive American tour that doesn't include any Canadian stops but does include a CMJ date on October 22. All Ghostface dates can be seen here.
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 6:24 pm

I thought he was going mano a mano with Doom for a full length.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 6:25 pm

^ also if Supreme Clientele II does come out that is one sequel id rather not see. Unlike OBFCL2 and Liquid Swords 2, i dont think Ghost will ever be able to replicate his SC style again, if he proves me wrong then he is the best mc ever, because ive almost given up hope he will ever go back to that style, and i dont want to hear a new album called Supreme Clientele II UNLESS it is in his Supreme Clientele/Cobra Clutch/The W style...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 6:26 pm

and yea id rather hear the Ghost/DOOM album before anything and everything...

one of them says its dont (i think Ghost did) and DOOM just needs to finish putting it together...who knows
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 8:01 pm

I've been waiting on that Ghost/Doom for a while, man. Theres no way they can fuck that up. Just wondering...am I the only one that was feelin Ghostdini? It's obviously not his best work but I thought that shit was real chill. That track with Fabolous was a funny concept with a dope ass beat. And I feel the same way about a Supreme Clientele 2 and any other part 2 of a classic for that matter. Lightning just doesn't strike twice in the same spot, no matter how hard you try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 8:26 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
^ also if Supreme Clientele II does come out that is one sequel id rather not see. Unlike OBFCL2 and Liquid Swords 2, i dont think Ghost will ever be able to replicate his SC style again, if he proves me wrong then he is the best mc ever, because ive almost given up hope he will ever go back to that style, and i dont want to hear a new album called Supreme Clientele II UNLESS it is in his Supreme Clientele/Cobra Clutch/The W style...

In addition to "Blue And Cream", I would like to see Supreme Clientele 2. I feel Ghost can pull it off just like I feel GZA can pull off Liquid Swords 2. And although I still would like to see SC2, I cosign with your comment on hearing the Supreme Clientele/Cobra Clutch/The W style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 8:34 pm

I would like the album w/ Doom to drop also.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 9:06 pm

After Ghost Dini the r&b album, this is good news.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 9:08 pm

Highsmith wrote:
After Ghost Dini the r&b album, this is good news.

Exactly, and then again, the Ghost Deini album was very good.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 11:01 pm

Wayne wrote:

u still need to get on Doom's albums!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 11:03 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Wayne wrote:

u still need to get on Doom's albums!!

I plan to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 11:22 pm

Doom is really hit or miss. He can be amazing at times and other times boring as hell.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 12:10 am

When was he boring as hell
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 1:22 am

Madvillain was boring to me. Pretty much everything else is solid gold. I just think that says something for his diversity. Most people love Madvillain the most.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 1:30 am

We need the promised but never delivered Prettiest Toney
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 2:30 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Madvillain was boring to me. Pretty much everything else is solid gold. I just think that says something for his diversity. Most people love Madvillain the most.

I'm one of those Madvillain fans...I don't think it is boring it all. Loads of variety, especially on the production side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 2:41 am

Who am I impersonating?

Madvillainy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Super Chron Bros
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 9:09 am

im with you Half...

but seriously unless he can bring the Cobra Clutch/Nutmeg style back there is no point of Supreme Clientele II....it can still be good but without that style something will be sorely missing
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 12:02 pm

Hey Slang you getting a review ready for this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 1:46 pm

My nephew said he was gonna get this for me for X-Mas since it comes out on Tuesday. Really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 2:39 pm

ill review it when it drops but it drops the 21st...@Half
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 2:37 am

This album is fucking FIRE!!! I pre-ordered it so no guilt in downloading it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 6:48 pm

After one spin, I'm not really feelin' it. Will spin it again tho.
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 2:18 pm

Starkology>any track released this year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!   Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghostface to drop "The Apollo Kids" on December 14th!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: