Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pimp C - Naked

Go down 
+4
Wanduras
Highsmith
T. Myers
Esco
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 1:28 am

I just got this today and spunt it twice and if you don't like this CD you are a square azz bitch. This shit jams. Not a classic, but shit still jams hard in the slab.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 9:20 am

I read some good reviews on this. I'll try and download this whenever I can and spin it.
Back to top Go down

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 3:13 pm

I'm surprised that it took this long for someone to write up something about this CD.

Anyway, this is pretty dope. Better than TrillOG IMO. 4 star effort by Pimp Chad.

Go To War is my fav track.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 3:16 pm

Go 2 War is dope
Back to top Go down

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 3:18 pm

I still have to cop this joint.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 10:11 pm

Yeah I would even go as far as saying this is easily better than Trill OG. I would say 4.25 stars after 2 spins.
Back to top Go down

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 2:00 am

Yeah, dunno why this got passed over. I had to order mine online so I didn't get it til when I posted this, but its pretty dope. I think one or two bad opinions can shade everything.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 7:19 am

Yeah, i think Kev was the only negative opinion.
Back to top Go down

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 10:00 am

I'll try to listen to it again for 2nd try sakes. But the shit sounded limp and soooo typical from what I heard. Can someone pm me a link please.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 12:00 pm

I had really low expectations for this since feature-heavy posthumous albums are usually shitty. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. After two spins I have it at 4.0 and would consider giving it half a point more just for the commentary at the end of Massacre, lol. The shit was jammin all the way through and I even liked Hit The Parking Lot with Boosie and Webbie and I hate those faggots. I agree that it was easily better than Trill OG, which I didn't like at first but has grown on me into a solid 3.5. I think Naked Soul could have been way better, though, had Cory Mo done the bulk of the production and they would have left off some of the "star" features and substituted some hometown heroes.

On a side note...did anyone else think that dude from Da Underdawgz sounds EXACTLY like Liffy Stokes of the Speedknot Mobstaz?
Back to top Go down

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 4:08 pm

he had some local talent, like gator main from dalls but his verse was not the best. I would have preferred more cory mo and bido production as well.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 8:00 pm

This album shits on "Trill OG." This sounds exactly as I'd expect a Pimp C solo to...smooth pimp type shit. Jams
Back to top Go down

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 7:41 pm

Just copped this today, as mentioned in the Recent Purchases thread.
Back to top Go down

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 10:11 pm

I'm listening to this again now and I have found a few decent joints on it. But I still say either folks are desperate to like this album, bias, or have lowered their standards.

I find it funny how some clown on Plies, Webbie, Boosie, Gucci, Rick Ross, Jeezy, and others about the type of hip hop they make but like this album. Shit you might as well buy thiers too because its all the same album. Same shit and same subject matter. Same guest same beats damn near.
Back to top Go down

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 10:16 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
I'm listening to this again now and I have found a few decent joints on it. But I still say either folks are desperate to like this album, bias, or have lowered their standards.

I find it funny how some clown on Plies, Webbie, Boosie, Gucci, Rick Ross, Jeezy, and others about the type of hip hop they make but like this album. Shit you might as well buy thiers too because its all the same album. Same shit and same subject matter. Same guest same beats damn near.

WOW KRob, quite hostile aren't you man, lol. It's all good though. I haven't bumped this yet, but as a UGK/Bun/Pimp C fan, I was bound to cop this joint.

Last edited by Wayne on Fri 15 Oct 2010, 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 10:21 pm

lol @ Wayne calling KRob KJ...I would be offended if I were KRob.
Back to top Go down

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 10:23 pm

Victor Shade wrote:

FIXED (lol).
Back to top Go down

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 10:25 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
\

Honest mistake by Wayne I'm sure, but anyone would be offended by being called you Tran.

Then again other than that punk ass kid from Gran Torino, not many people can be confused with you.
Back to top Go down

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 10:41 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Victor Shade wrote:
\

Honest mistake by Wayne I'm sure, but anyone would be offended by being called you Tran.

Then again other than that punk ass kid from Gran Torino, not many people can be confused with you.

Honest mistake indeed KJ.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 3:00 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Glad you finally admit it... lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 3:05 pm

[quote="Norfeest"]
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

The subject matter and beats are the same, but Pimp C's lyrics and delivery are far better than the guys you just mentioned. This isn't a classic by any means but it's a solid album.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 3:06 pm

Actually, there are more people in the world that can be confused with Tran than anyone else on here.
Back to top Go down

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 6:01 pm

I just finished bumping this joint, and three things come to mind.

1) I really miss Pimp C.
2) This album is in no way better than TrillOG, respectively.
3) This was a very good album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pimp C - Naked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pimp C - Naked   Pimp C - Naked Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pimp C - Naked
Page 1 of 1