Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money

Go down 
+4
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
thelundquist
parker lewis
Half
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Empty
PostSubject: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 5:49 pm

Apparently Christina Aguilera and Limp Bizkit don't pay well enough:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Funny how So Far Gone wasn't on Primo's best of 09 list.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 5:51 pm

Even with this bullshit he won't drop to second best hip hop producer ever
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 5:53 pm

I agree, but dude already has to be rich as fuck, what does he need to go around destroying his credibility for?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 5:57 pm

Jeff wrote:
I agree, but dude already has to be rich as fuck, what does he need to go around destroying his credibility for?

It might be a Scottie Pippen situation. I would be surprised if it was, but then again I was surprised when I heard about Scottie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:02 pm

Yeah who knows. He probably pours too much money into his label as well, which can't be doing all that great.

And again, I would like to be clear that I'm not hating on Drake or J.Cole as I think they're both marginally talented, however for Primo to say they're "bringing lyricism back" is fucking ridiculous and clearly the man knows better.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:06 pm

Well, I think they do represent a shift in mainstream hip-hop. Maybe that's all he's saying. They are a bit more conscious than what has been dominating for the past 10+ years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:10 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Well, I think they do represent a shift in mainstream hip-hop. Maybe that's all he's saying. They are a bit more conscious than what has been dominating for the past 10+ years.

If that's true, it's a much more respectable stance, but why oversimplify your point and insult everyone you've worked with in the past 10 years?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:13 pm

Premo's just giving props to guys that gave props to him.

The article said that Drake was BOWING DOWN to Premo and practically begged him to work with him. While he went overboard with the "brought lyricism back" statement, I wouldn't call it kissing ass. Drake has more to gain from working with Premo than the other way around.

As for J Cole, I actually like him. I wouldn't call him an elite MC or anything but he's pretty dope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:18 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:

The article said that Drake was BOWING DOWN to Premo and practically begged him to work with him. While he went overboard with the "brought lyricism back" statement, I wouldn't call it kissing ass. Drake has more to gain from working with Premo than the other way around.

As for J Cole, I actually like him. I wouldn't call him an elite MC or anything but he's pretty dope.

Again, that going overboard is a huge slap in the face to anybody that's worked with dude. I expect better from legends.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:27 pm

Yeah I think he definitely means bringing lyricism back to the mainstream. The up-and-coming chart toppers of the past 6-7 years have mostly been one-hit wonder dance craze types. J.Cole and (to a lesser extent imo) Drake have some lyrical skill.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:29 pm

Jeff wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

Again, that going overboard is a huge slap in the face to anybody that's worked with dude. I expect better from legends.

It's not like he's saying that Drake or J. Cole are better than the guys he's worked with in the past. I'm shocked that he said that, but still.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:36 pm

KJ loves drake, I remember him bigging up drake on Amazon, he just changed his stance to fit in. I like drake more than J. cole. I feel what Primo is saying, the possibility is the man is just showing love and being honest. He produced a beat for Luda and no one said he was selling out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:38 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ loves drake, I remember him bigging up drake on Amazon, he just changed his stance to fit in. I like drake more than J. cole. I feel what Primo is saying, the possibility is the man is just showing love and being honest. He produced a beat for Luda and no one said he was selling out.

So I bigged up a couple Drake tracks and all of a sudden I love him? Yeah ok SRP. I guess you LOVE Gucci Mane then, bitch.

I did like some of Drake's material prior to him joining Young Money and becoming a Lil Wayne clone, but I never considered him an elite MC.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:39 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I prefer J.Cole to Drake, slightly. I won't buy or even download anything they make, but if Premier makes a beat for them I'll be on the lookout for an instrumental.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:41 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

Cosign, however, I like J. Cole, not too crazy about Drake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:43 pm

Wayne is becoming a Drake clone more than Drake is becoming a Wayne clone. His style before and after signing did not change, your stance did for whatever reason. Be a man and just admit you like his music and move on. I do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:44 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne is becoming a Drake clone more than Drake is becoming a Wayne clone. His style before and after signing did not change, your stance did for whatever reason. Be a man and just admit you like his music and move on. I do.

I never said I was a Drake fan man, never said that.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:45 pm

Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

LMFAO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:45 pm

Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I was responding to KJ and referring to Wayne as in Lil' Wayne, not you.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Never mind. Cise! The new TOTY!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:47 pm

smh @ Wayne
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:47 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I was responding to KJ and referring to Wayne as in Lil' Wayne, not you.

Ok. I misread on that one.

Do you own Drake's album SRP?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:48 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
smh @ Wayne

Lol.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:51 pm

Too funny! Walked right into that one, Wayne. Got wobbly legs yet? I see you're still standing.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:52 pm

Yeah, Wayne is a Drake fan.

And SRP I'm surprised that you are a Drake fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:56 pm

Half wrote:

And here I'am again, lol. The ONLY things I consider myself liking from Drake are the guest appearances on Bun-B's TrillOG album, that's where it ends and begins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:57 pm

My girl bought that one. But I've heard it plenty of times. I dig Drake way more than J. Cole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:59 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
My girl bought that one. But I've heard it plenty of times. I dig Drake way more than J. Cole.

I don't know anyone who owns his album. And I think you may be the first person I know to dig Drake more than Cole, but it's all good. On a sidenote, for example, I couldn't imagine Drake in J. Cole's place on Talib's "Just Begun".
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:59 pm

Wayne wrote:
Half wrote:

And here I'am again, lol. The ONLY things I consider myself liking from Drake are the guest appearances on Bun-B's TrillOG album, that's where it ends and begins.

SMH I was talkin about Lil Wayne, not you. We all know you aren't a Drake fan. That's why you get so mad when someone says you are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 7:00 pm

Half wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Half wrote:

SMH I was talkin about Lil Wayne, not you. We all know you aren't a Drake fan. That's why you get so mad when someone says you are.

Wow, and the jokes continue, lol.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 7:01 pm

Wayne wrote:
Half wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Half wrote:

Wow, and the jokes continue, lol.

What jokes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 7:08 pm

Well, at least a million people own that album wayne. You need more friends. Cole to me is just a bland lupe fiasco clone. He stole the Who Dat concept from the NO rapper and he is just boring to me.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 8:18 pm

Well, he didn't say that they are better than anybody else, or even more lyrical than anyone else. He said that they are bringing lyricism back. I really think that statement only compares these guys to other mainstream artists. No question, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 8:29 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Comeback Season sounds NOTHING like So Far Gone. If you think that, then there's something wrong with your ears.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 8:32 pm

Drake>>>>>>>>>>>J. Cole
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 8:38 pm

J. Cole is way doper than Drake imo. At least Cole can get a little complex with his rhymes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 10:31 pm

"Last name: Ever/First name: Greatest/like a sprained ankle boy/I ain't nothin to play wit" is better than anything J.Cole has ever rapped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 10:57 pm

So Far Gone was made before he was on Young Money.. and his lyrics are doper than cole poeple just hate because he does r&b and ladies songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 10:58 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
So Far Gone was made before he was on Young Money.. and his lyrics are doper than cole poeple just hate because he does r&b and ladies songs.

I hate him because that's the ONLY kind of music he makes and his album was garbage. Like unlistenable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 12:17 am

Well lately that is all he makes.. as a rap album I can see most hardcore rap fans not liking his latest, I thought it has a cool mellow vibe... maybe it's the halfy in me.. I'm so hipster I like popular shit in circles its not popular to like... damn... I made being a pop bopper trendy...er?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 2:46 am

I don't like Drake because all he spits is wack ass cornball pucnchlines.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 2:47 am

Jeff wrote:
"Last name: Ever/First name: Greatest/like a sprained ankle boy/I ain't nothin to play wit" is better than anything J.Cole has ever rapped.

Joke? If not you're tripping or haven't heard much J.Cole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 9:30 am

thelundquist wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Nope and yes. Personal preference and I'm pretty sure I have a far broader range of what I listen to.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 12:21 pm

Jeff wrote:
thelundquist wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Nope and yes. Personal preference and I'm pretty sure I have a far broader range of what I listen to.

fair enough and possibly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 2:30 pm

Neither of them are elite MC's, but J. Cole is a better lyricist than Drake IMO.

Skyzoo murders them both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 2:32 pm

Skyzoo is so fucking average man. He couldn't murder a a two piece, let alone any other emcee. You and him fucking or what?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 3:05 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Skyzoo is so fucking average man. He couldn't murder a a two piece, let alone any other emcee. You and him fucking or what?

Skyzoo>>>>>>>>>>>>Most post 2000 MC's

Nah we ain't fuckin, but you're mad you didn't get a chance with Pimp C before he passed, even though he would have rejected you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 3:07 pm

That's so foul to speak ill of the dead.

I don't even go around on Pimp C's nuts like that, but I know your steez - pick random southern emcee and claim he is my GOAT. yep.

Dude you can have a man crush on skyzoo all you want but he is very average. You just need to know that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 4:32 pm

Why isn't this in the classic threads yet? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010, 4:42 pm

I'm still trying to figure out what Skyzoo has to do with Drake and J. Cole...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money   Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Primo Kisses Ass To Make Money
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Guest's News-
Jump to: