Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)

Go down 
+9
Dwight
Shaun
Deanie O'Banion
Myestro
Wanduras
Esco
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
Half
13 posters

6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection
6 Feet Deep
GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Vote_lcap53%GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Vote_rcap
 53% [ 8 ]
The Resurrection
GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Vote_lcap47%GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Empty
PostSubject: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 10:41 pm

GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Gravediggaz_-_6_Feet_Deep

vs.

GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Geto+Boys+-+The+Resurrection
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 10:52 pm

6 Feet barely
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 10:53 pm

Ressurection easily. I can still play that one. 6 Feet Deep makes no sense these days.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 11:09 pm

Geto Boys without a doubt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 12:30 pm

Dang why nobody is voting on this one?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 1:28 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

I'm guessing nobody has heard one or both of these albums. Sad.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 1:29 pm

6 Feet Deep barely
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 3:52 pm

6 Feet Deep all day
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 4:18 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Ressurection easily. I can still play that one. 6 Feet Deep makes no sense these days.

How does it make no sense? Just all the craziness?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 4:54 pm

Esco wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

The gothic subject matter, the bland beats. Just sounds dated to me. Anybody putting this over Resurrection has to have this as a personal classic. Because its waaay better to me. Even without my preference included.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 5:07 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Esco wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

The gothic subject matter, the bland beats. Just sounds dated to me. Anybody putting this over Resurrection has to have this as a personal classic. Because its waaay better to me. Even without my preference included.

I love the album so that's probably it. I don't hear the dating on this album, but on stuff like Nation of millions and BDP I do. Anyways, 6 Ft Deep knocks for me, I love the subject matter on it and there's some crazy ass beats, Defective Trip & Diary of a madman are my favs.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 7:23 pm

GB...not a fan of most Wu affiliates.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:06 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Esco wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

not to burst your bubble but critically 6 Feet Deep has garnered far more praise than The Resurrection, and that i can say is a fact
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:16 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Esco wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

not to burst your bubble but critically 6 Feet Deep has garnered far more praise than The Resurrection, and that i can say is a fact

I doubt that sir. You'll have to prove that one.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:28 pm

Allmusic.com
6 Feet Deep - 4.5 stars
Resurrection - 4 stars

The Source
6 Feet Deep - 3.5 stars
Resurrection - 4

Rolling Stone
6 Feet Deep - 3.5
Resurrection 3

Rap Pages
6 Feet Deep - 8/10
Resurrection - 7/10

RapReviews
6 Feet Deep 9.5/10
Resurrection - 8/10

Entertainment Weekly
6 Feet Deep - B
Resurrection - B+

so its closer than i thought but i still give 6 Feet the edge looking at those

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:39 pm

Chris Rock has The Resurrection on his top 25 hip hop albums of all time. Ressurection went gold with no major single or major radio push. A song from Resurrection was featured in two major media shows. Office Space and Family Guy.

I have met a lot of people from diverse background and none really even mention 6 Feet Deep. But I hear to this day people bring up Resurrection. I know you are a Wu stan as I am a GB stan but GB wins in a sweep. There's no way this album is better than Resurrection. Thats fact.

Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:50 pm

Half wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

I'm guessing nobody has heard one or both of these albums. Sad.

I've heard (and love) both. Just didn't get on til now.

I don't like having to vote against the Gravediggaz album, but I'll give the slightest of edges to the GBs.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 8:53 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Chris Rock has The Resurrection on his top 25 hip hop albums of all time. Ressurection went gold with no major single or major radio push. A song from Resurrection was featured in two major media shows. Office Space and Family Guy.

I have met a lot of people from diverse background and none really even mention 6 Feet Deep. But I hear to this day people bring up Resurrection. I know you are a Wu stan as I am a GB stan but GB wins in a sweep. There's no way this album is better than Resurrection. Thats fact.

thats cool, ive met way more people that talk about 6 Feet Deep and hold it higher though. It seems somewhat clear both these albums are viewed favorably and about equal among most people that have heard both, your just letting your personal bias blind you. I love both albums personally, i just think6 Feet Deep is better. The fact that your saying this album is recognized as THAT much better is bias
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:08 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

thats cool, ive met way more people that talk about 6 Feet Deep and hold it higher though. It seems somewhat clear both these albums are viewed favorably and about equal among most people that have heard both, your just letting your personal bias blind you. I love both albums personally, i just think6 Feet Deep is better. The fact that your saying this album is recognized as THAT much better is bias

I don't see then as equals. Because no offense but if asked people from the midwest, west coast, and south I bet more would choose Resurrection. Only place 6 Feet Deep may would get more picks is of course the eastern areas. But its all good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:13 pm

The GB's are a more well known group than Gravediggaz, but 6 Feet Deep is a highly praised album even to this day.

Of course you don't see them as equals Kev because you're a GB stan, but Slang is from the Midwest just as you originally are and lots of people from there love the album. I know West coast cats that dig it too. There's definitely no blow out in favor of either album, as proven with the reviews posted above.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:40 pm

yea around here albums like 6 feet deep will get a lot of praise from people that really like rap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 10:33 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
yea around here albums like 6 feet deep will get a lot of praise from people that really like rap

Go to the hoods in Detroit and see if your mind changes....
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 10:49 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

you act like i havent been there lol

i used to WORK there in a used furniture store and we had to make deliveries and pick ups to/from straight up hood areas man...

i will admit i didnt have hip hop discussions with the people in the houses there
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 10:51 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

you act like i havent been there lol

i used to WORK there in a used furniture store and we had to make deliveries and pick ups to/from straight up hood areas man...

i will admit i didnt have hip hop discussions with the people in the houses there

LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 12:14 am

6 Feet Deep... GB is for poor blacks who buy couches with bed bugs and fleas in em...
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 1:10 am

Diggaz.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 1:39 am

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
A song from Resurrection was featured in two major media shows. Office Space and Family Guy.

Still>>>>>>>>>>>

Geto Boys win
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 3:45 pm

Gravediggaz
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 4:21 pm

Shaun wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
A song from Resurrection was featured in two major media shows. Office Space and Family Guy.

Still>>>>>>>>>>>

Geto Boys win

Die motherfucker.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 4:24 pm

G to the R to the A to the V, E to the D to the I to the G, G to the A to the zig zag Z, Gravedigga
n*i*g*g*a, 6 feet Deep.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 7:31 pm

I would have tied it up by voting Geto Boys...
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 8:11 pm

Geto Boys
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 8:11 pm

The Resurrection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 8:20 pm

I'm still counting your votes on all the polls. Especially the close ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct 2010, 1:44 pm

This one is tied up also even counting the declared votes. Same rules apply. If no one breaks the tie before round 2 than 6 Feet Deep advances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)   GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GHHA Day 3 Round 1: 6 Feet Deep vs. The Resurrection (B2)
Page 1 of 1