Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Darkside Volume 1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

The Darkside Volume 1 Empty
PostSubject: The Darkside Volume 1   The Darkside Volume 1 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 3:18 pm

Did anyone else other than myself check this one out? I'll admit, I was a little hesistant to listen to this one, but after listening to it objectively, I'll say that this has to be Fat Joe's best album since Jealous One's Envy in 95, and that covers a lot of ground IMO. right now it's sitting at 4 stars, possibly entering into 4.5 star territory.

The Darkside Volume 1 Fat-joe-the-darkside-album-cover
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Darkside Volume 1   The Darkside Volume 1 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 8:28 pm

This is not better than Don Cartagena
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Darkside Volume 1   The Darkside Volume 1 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 8:41 pm

T. Myers wrote:
This is not better than Don Cartagena
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: The Darkside Volume 1   The Darkside Volume 1 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 8:50 pm

"J.O.S.E." >>>> Darkside
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Darkside Volume 1   The Darkside Volume 1 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 8:58 pm

I didn't really feel Don Cartagena like that, but I respect everyone's views though, ditto for JOSE.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: The Darkside Volume 1   The Darkside Volume 1 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 9:38 pm

You might wanna revisit Don Cartagena, Wayne. John Blaze alone might be better than this whole album, but I will revisit Darkside because of your post.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Darkside Volume 1   The Darkside Volume 1 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 9:44 pm

Highsmith wrote:
You might wanna revisit Don Cartagena, Wayne. John Blaze alone might be better than this whole album, but I will revisit Darkside because of your post.

Oh and trust me John Blaze is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. The linup of Nas, Pun (RIP), Rae, Jada, and Joe, awesome. I may revisit Don Cartagena.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Darkside Volume 1   The Darkside Volume 1 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 9:49 pm

Highsmith wrote:

I'Am Crack>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Darkside Volume 1   The Darkside Volume 1 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 11:35 pm

This one is decent but the hypeness after that 1st listen drops fast.

And I agree with CTRX

JOSE>>>>>>>>>>>>Darkside

And I also can't get into Don Cartagena like that. Is top 3 albums imo are:

JOE
JOSE
Da Fat Gangsta

Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Darkside Volume 1   The Darkside Volume 1 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 12:38 pm

I bumped Don Cartagena and J.O.S.E. last night, and yes, I've come to the realization that The Darkside Vol.1, while an excellent album, is not better than either of those albums.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: The Darkside Volume 1   The Darkside Volume 1 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 2:44 am

I revisited The Darkside Volume 1 and it's better than what I remember. It still doesn't want to see Don Cartagena or J.O.S.E. but it is pretty good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Darkside Volume 1   The Darkside Volume 1 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 3:00 am

Yeah, this CD is straight - not horrid, has some bangers... but Joe has done much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Darkside Volume 1   The Darkside Volume 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Darkside Volume 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: