Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deadverse Massive - TakeOver

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Deadverse Massive - TakeOver Empty
PostSubject: Deadverse Massive - TakeOver   Deadverse Massive - TakeOver Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 10:38 pm

I don't know if this is an official album or just an intro to the members...but the beats on this are nice...

deadverse massive
TAKEOVER
dälek the group and the deadverse massive are worldwide: Releasing four acclaimed LPs, sharing stages across the globe with Raekwon, Flying Lotus, De La Soul, KRS-One, RJD2 and countless others, collaborating with German pioneers Faust…you know, no big deal. dälek the man, aka MC and producer Will Brooks, and the deadverse massive album TakeOver, on the other hand, are 100 percent East Coast.
As much an architect of the dälek sound as the voice of it, Brooks produced the 18 tracks on TakeOver with an ear toward classic ‘90s East Coast hip-hop and a refusal to make something that anyone could ever call “retro” or “throwback.”
“Obviously there are a ton of other influences that go into the dälek sound, but what I’ve always brought to the table is that raw hip-hop sound,” Brooks says. “I wanted to make a record that emphasized that sound: Heavy beats, bass, MC-driven.”
The MCs demanding your attention on TakeOver converged on Brooks’ deadverse studios from Brooklyn and north Jersey, bringing experience from the LabTeks (Dev-One, Oddateee), DLC Corporation (MoRikan) and an MC who has released solo albums, appeared on mixtapes, and collaborated with countless artists from both East and West coasts (D.L.E.MM.A.). “Bringing all these personalities together to spit could have easily been a nightmare. Instead it was awe-inspiring, the way styles just meshed,” he says. “For real, the hours and hours I spent editing were a joy. It's easy to work on joints like these.” Brooks had originally planned to produce the tracks and spotlight some new MCs like Gym Brown and Skalla (who give the world a new classic duo cut with “Chaos”), but eventually, he says, “the MC in me wouldn't let me just sit on the sidelines!” So Brooks jumped on four tracks, including the definitive closer, “It’s Over.” Obviously, solo joints and collaborations are being cooked up in the studio as you read this.
From the first dälek EP in 1998, the deadverse massive has united artists who speak what Brooks calls “a classic language that hadn't been heard at that time. On the song ‘Three Rocks Blessed’ I say ‘dälek, deadverse no rehearse when two meet.’ What I meant was me and [dälek co-producer] Oktopus were speaking a dead verse or a dead tongue that not too many heads speak any longer.” But a lot of heads have learned that language since then, and a lot of them came together to create TakeOver, so the world had better learn it quick. It’s called TakeOver for a reason.
Liner Notes:
deadverse massive - TakeOver
ft. dälek, D.L.E.MM.A, Dev-One, Gym Brown, Oddateee, MoRikan, Skalla.
1. Beatbox Intro
2. Takeover (ft. Gym Brown, Oddateee, D.L.E.MM.A. & Skalla)
3.We Know... (ft Gym Brown & Skalla)
4. Understand (ft. Dev-One & MoRikan)
5. Gymmie Brown (ft. Gym Brown)
6. I Confess (ft. D.L.E.MM.A)
7. Causin' Funerals (ft. Dev-One)
8. Inner City Walk (Skalla, Oddateee, & Gym Brown)
9. It's Written Now (Oddateee, D.L.E.MM.A, Skalla, Gym Brown)
10. Walls of Insurrection (ft dälek & Gym Brown)
11. What Light Is Like (ft Gym Brown)
12. Chaos (ft Skalla & Gym Brown)
13. deadverse classic (ft. Gym Brown, Oddateee, Skalla, dälek, & D.L.E.MM.A)
14. Revise the Minimum (Skalla, Oddateee,& Gym Brown)
15. The River (Dev-one & Skalla)
16. Rap's Little Walter (ft. D.L.E.MM.A)
17. Mind Corrupter (ft. Dev-One & dälek)
18. It's Over (ft. dälek)
All tracks written, produced, recorded, and mixed* by Will Brooks
Recorded and Mixed @ deadverse studios, Union City, NJ
Ast Engineers: Mike Mare, Rudy Chicata, Jesse Cannon.
*understand & mind corrupter mixed by Scott Harding @ ScottyHard Studios, Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY.
Mastered by Alan Douches @ West Westside Music, New Windsor, NY.
Cuts by DJ Motiv, DJ Rek, and dälek.
Lyrics by respective MC's.
publishing: mayan ruins music (SESAC)
Legal: Savur & Pellecchia LLPemail: gs@splawpractice.com
© 2010 deadverse recordings. www.deadverserecordings.com

http://soundcloud.com/deadverserecordings/sets/deadverse-massive-takeover/s-EYP62
Back to top Go down

Deadverse Massive - TakeOver
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: