Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hall Of Famer?

Go down 
+5
Myestro
Shaun
Funk Seoul Brother
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 4:04 pm

Are these players hall of famers or not?

Andy Pettite

Terrell Davis

Grant Hill

David Ortiz

Chris Webber

Kurt Warner

Chipper Jones

Issac Bruce

Tiki Barber

Steve McNair

Jim Thome

Vince Carter

Eddie George

Bernie Williams

Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 4:15 pm

Andy Pettite- Yes, his postseason record gets him in

Terrell Davis- Probably deserves to get in, but won't because he only played 4 seasons.

Grant Hill- Hell No

David Ortiz- No

Chris Webber- No

Kurt Warner- If I had a vote I'd say yes, but I'm not convinced that he'll get in.

Chipper Jones- See Kurt Warner

Issac Bruce- No, he was great his first few seasons but then took a backseat to Torry Holt.

Tiki Barber- As much as I liked him, he was only an elite back for his final 2-3 seasons so he won't get in.

Steve McNair- Yes I feel he deserves to get in, he was on par with Peyton Manning at one time.

Jim Thome- No

Vince Carter- No, he's a good but not GREAT player IMO

Eddie George- See Vince Carter

Bernie Williams- See Kurt Warner/Chipper Jones

Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 4:40 pm

Andy Pettite - No, average pitcher surrounded by talented players and the right situation.

Terrell Davis - Not enough longevity.

Grant Hill - No, too many injuries.

David Ortiz - No, Steroids.

Chris Webber - Yes, eventually. Kind of a mid level star without all the hype.

Kurt Warner - Definitely.

Chipper Jones - Definitely, though had some low points in his career.

Issac Bruce - Definitely.

Tiki Barber - Nope, just not a hall of fame level player.

Steve McNair - Nope, a few good seasons.

Jim Thome - Nope, one dimensional player.

Vince Carter - Definitely.

Eddie George - Similar to Terrell... but terrell or him could both make it.

Bernie Williams - probably, though his stats and career don't deserve - perfect example of average to good consistency.

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 4:51 pm

Andy Pettite - Yes, i agree with KJ

Terrell Davis - No, but if played longer could have

Grant Hill - No, but he could have been one of the best. i still think he may have a chance to make the Hall

David Ortiz - No

Chris Webber - Yes

Kurt Warner - Absolutely

Chipper Jones - Yes

Issac Bruce - yes

Tiki Barber - probably not

Steve McNair - No

Jim Thome - ill say No but wouldnt be surprised

Vince Carter - probably, IMO the NBA has easier standards to get in than some sports

Eddie George - Possibly

Bernie Williams - Yes, i agree with SRP here

Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 5:06 pm

Once again SRP proves that he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Pettite WAS NOT an average pitcher. He was LIGHTS OUT in big games even late in his career. He's one of the most successful postseason pitchers in history. His regular season stats aren't bad either.

And Chris Webber a HOF'er, fuck no! He never got it done in big games, and he was never a guy you wanted to have the ball with the game on the line.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 5:09 pm

Chris Webber is absolutely going to be a hallf of famer, his numbers speak for themselves, and his Kings teams were unbelievable. If not for Shaq-Kobe he would have AT LEAST one title, i ant fault anyone for losing to that Laker team though, Webber is guaranteed, IMO. Do you want to bet on it KJ?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 5:14 pm

he is also one of the best passing big men of all time and changed the CULTURE of basketball through hims time at Michigan. I know that isnt taken into account when speaking of NBA hall of fame but his impact on the culture will absolutely be in the back of voters minds...

Not to mention he is one of 5 or 6 guys to average 20/9/4 for their career, all of them are in the HOF.

Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 5:17 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Chris Webber is absolutely going to be a hallf of famer, his numbers speak for themselves, and his Kings teams were unbelievable. If not for Shaq-Kobe he would have AT LEAST one title, i ant fault anyone for losing to that Laker team though, Webber is guaranteed, IMO. Do you want to bet on it KJ?

That Kings team was great, and probably would have won a ring if not for Tim Donaghy, but Webber choked a ton down the stretch. He wasn't a very good defender either. Certainly wasn't on par with Duncan or KG, you can even argue that Dirk was better than him. Peja was the guy who won close games down the stretch for the Kings, not Webber.

If he does get in, it won't be on the first ballot. His legacy is choking down the stretch. It all started for when he called that timeout when he was at Michigan, and he never shook that choking gene in the NBA.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 5:22 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

That Kings team was great, and probably would have won a ring if not for Tim Donaghy, but Webber choked a ton down the stretch. He wasn't a very good defender either. Certainly wasn't on par with Duncan or KG, you can even argue that Dirk was better than him. Peja was the guy who won close games down the stretch for the Kings, not Webber.

If he does get in, it won't be on the first ballot. His legacy is choking down the stretch. It all started for when he called that timeout when he was at Michigan, and he never shook that choking gene in the NBA.

last time i checked, "choking" in big games does not prevent someone from making the HOF. Lebron chokes in big games yet you would probably say he is going to be a HOFer if he retired in the next couple years. Iverson never won a ring, he is going to be first ballot. Webber should have won at least one ring if it wasnt for Donaghy and Shaq-Kobe.

Webber's credentials are enough to get him in, and he is absolutely a better defender than Dirk that is some straight trash talk lmao. When he was with the Sixers his defense was trash but with the Kings it wasnt elite but not horrendous.

EVERY team Webber was on was a winning team for the most part except the Sixers and you can blame that on injuries. There's no question the guy was a winner just couldnt fully get it done. Neither could Dirk, but he is going to the Hall no question
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 5:24 pm

Also, I can't see how Steve McNair wouldn't get in. He was an elite QB up until near the end of his career and even won an MVP award. Unless they hold that bullshit that led to his demise against him (which they shouldn't) then McNair absolutely deserves to be in the HOF.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 5:30 pm

i can see McNair getting in and would like him to but i feel the NFL hall is the toughest to get into and i havent really looked at his career stats to see how he stacks up
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 5:35 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

last time i checked, "choking" in big games does not prevent someone from making the HOF. Lebron chokes in big games yet you would probably say he is going to be a HOFer if he retired in the next couple years. Iverson never won a ring, he is going to be first ballot. Webber should have won at least one ring if it wasnt for Donaghy and Shaq-Kobe.

Webber's credentials are enough to get him in, and he is absolutely a better defender than Dirk that is some straight trash talk lmao. When he was with the Sixers his defense was trash but with the Kings it wasnt elite but not horrendous.

EVERY team Webber was on was a winning team for the most part except the Sixers and you can blame that on injuries. There's no question the guy was a winner just couldnt fully get it done. Neither could Dirk, but he is going to the Hall no question

The difference between Lebron and Webber is that Lebron is considered by many to be the best player (or at least a Top 2-3 player) in the league. That was never said for Webber.

You don't have to win a ring to get in the HOF, but the thing is that Webber not only didn't win a ring, he never even got to the Finals. Iverson did so despite having a team of nameless guys other than Mutumbo. Dirk is a bad defender, but he's one of the best shooting big men in history.

I remember a Sportscenter poll a few years back asking if Webber should be a HOF'er, and like 65% of the people said no, and I agree. While he could make it, I don't think he was GREAT, I just think he was very good.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 5:37 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

The difference between Lebron and Webber is that Lebron is considered by many to be the best player (or at least a Top 2-3 player) in the league. That was never said for Webber.

You don't have to win a ring to get in the HOF, but the thing is that Webber not only didn't win a ring, he never even got to the Finals. Iverson did so despite having a team of nameless guys other than Mutumbo. Dirk is a bad defender, but he's one of the best shooting big men in history.

I remember a Sportscenter poll a few years back asking if Webber should be a HOF'er, and like 65% of the people said no, and I agree. While he could make it, I don't think he was GREAT, I just think he was very good.

agree to disagree but i was serious about betting on this....
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 5:46 pm

Since I didn't watch any of these players for their entire career I'll stay out of this.
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 5:53 pm

Pettittes stats in the playoffs or regular season are not HOF material.. he sports an ERA close to four on his career- both playoffs and regular season...and his win loss record is due to the teams he's been on.. he's had a handful of great seasons mixed in with the bulk of his average to good seasons...
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 5:54 pm

Cise wrote:
Since I didn't watch any of these players for their entire career I'll stay out of this.

No need to stay out of it... I'd bet money some are speaking off limited knowledge anyways...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 5:59 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

No need to stay out of it... I'd bet money some are speaking off limited knowledge anyways...

I guess you are right. The only ones I can perhaps chime in on are Hill and Carter. From what I've seen from Hill I have to respectfully say HELL NO. As for Carter this has been discussed quite a bit over the years. Talent-wise he could perhaps get in but I have a hard time justifying it.

Regarding Webber, I can't quite chime in since I became a Kings fan following the breakup of the entire glory years team and really started following once they drafted Kevin Martin.
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 6:00 pm

Webber I think is a shoe in... his size, what he did for his position and team. He just languished in a smaller market his career - had he been high profile it'd be no question....Carter's career certain fizzled out... but he started as good as anyone I think and has a good chance.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 6:06 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Webber I think is a shoe in... his size, what he did for his position and team. He just languished in a smaller market his career - had he been high profile it'd be no question....Carter's career certainly fizzled out... but he started as good as anyone I think and has a good chance.
Yeah Sac-Town is most certainly a small town market. He certainly had a unique skill-set and sure as hell did a lot for us. If that is enough to get him in is up in the air.

Yeah since I didn't see Carter when he first came in I can't give a complete assessment. To tell you the truth it was only the end of his New Jersey days until now that I am basing it off of.
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 6:13 pm

Webber is one of only six players to have career averages of 20 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 assists (Four of which are Hall of Famers: Baylor, Bird, Chamberlain, Cunningham. Kevin Garnett is still active)

I think that should tell you all you need...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 6:33 pm

No way does Vince get in, IMO...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 6:41 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Webber is one of only six players to have career averages of 20 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 assists (Four of which are Hall of Famers: Baylor, Bird, Chamberlain, Cunningham. Kevin Garnett is still active)

Mercy those are incredible numbers. HOF worthy numbers. That certainly tells a lot.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 7:12 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

not to mention the only one of those 5 that isnt in is Garnett, who will obviously get in...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 7:13 pm

and KJ you wanna bet a $25 Amazon giftcard on this?
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 9:23 pm

Will Clark >>>> Chipper Jones and/or Bernie Williams

He's not in the HOF, so no way in hell those two should be.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Nov 2010, 4:28 am

Chipper Jones is a surefire Hall of Famer, no fucking doubt. Hell, he should be a first ballot Hall of Famer. One of the greatest switch hitters of all time, he has hit over 430 homers, has a lifetime batting average of .306, 2490 hits, 1491 RBI, 14 consecutive seasons of 20+, NL MVP in 98, has a World Series ring, six-time All-Star and has two Silver Sluggers. Hell, he even won a batting title at the age of 36! His numbers trump Will Clark and his 284 HR, .303 BA and 1205 RBI...Will Clark doesn't even belong in the same breath as Chipper.

If you aren't convince he's a Hall of Famer, than you don't know much about baseball and you iz a East Coast fool.

And SRP, all players have low points in the career, if because of injuries or just father time is catching up with them. Chipper's high points makes him an automatic Hall of Famer.

I really hope Chipper gives it one more year, but if it's his last year, I'm glad he's going out with Bobby Cox. Them being enshrine in the Hall of Fame together is only fitting.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Nov 2010, 5:02 am

Uh, Will Clark has 2 Silver Sluggers himself. You didn't mention that. Just like you neglected to mention the fact that Chipper has 300 more games and 1000 more at bats. No wonder he has more hits, and whatnot. I'd say their numbers are pretty even, though Chipper has a slight edge in HRs.

I'll admit my personal bias for my favorite player caused me to say he's >>>>. But to say that Will The Thrill doesn't belong in the same breath is totally asinine.

If Chipper is a surefire HOF'er, why isn't Will Clark in there? That makes no sense to me.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Nov 2010, 5:43 am

Myestro wrote:
Uh, Will Clark has 2 Silver Sluggers himself. You didn't mention that. Just like you neglected to mention the fact that Chipper has 300 more games and 1000 more at bats. No wonder he has more hits, and whatnot. I'd say their numbers are pretty even, though Chipper has a slight edge in HRs.

I'll admit my personal bias for my favorite player caused me to say he's >>>>. But to say that Will The Thrill doesn't belong in the same breath is totally asinine.

If Chipper is a surefire HOF'er, why isn't Will Clark in there? That makes no sense to me

Shouldn't that benefit Chipper even more? Number of games plays a factor into longevity as well. Him playing more games and having more at bats shouldn't be considered a negative. Chipper was consistent, even with the injuries. He's also a switch hitter, one of the best at that. Will was a solid player, not deny that. Dude was clutch, and is a professional hitter. He always make contact, doesn't strike out much, but his numbers aren't overwhelming. The fact that Will missed so many games doesn't bode well for him and he just never dominated his position. Chipper dominated for a good numbers of years at third base. There's a reason why Will only receive 4.4% of Hall of Fame votes, eliminating him from the Hall of Fame consideration.

Another thing that the voters will take account in is that Chipper played for the the Braves his entire career. That's an added bonus.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Nov 2010, 5:45 am

In the end, it's all about stats and the lasting impression one leaves. Chipper Jones numbers are elite, and dominates Will Clarks' easily.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Nov 2010, 11:46 am

Most of the guys on this list are borderline and for many it will depend more on their retirement class than anything else. I could see each one of them deservedly getting in though.

Andy Pettite- I say absolutely. Has played at the highest level for over fifteen seasons, has five rings, and is a cornerstone of one of sports' greatest dynasties. Only thing that will hurt him is if dinosaur sportswriters still refuse to let him in for his steroid admissions--and you can count on sportswriters to keep good men from getting what's theirs.

Terrell Davis- Here's a guy for whom it would really depend on his retirement class, but I say probably not.

Grant Hill- Will earn a lot of sentimental votes when his time comes but overall his stats will work against him.

David Ortiz- Probably not as well. Sportswriters will be stingier about his case than, say, Pettitte's because he's yet to admit to steroid use. Despite his stardom and two rings his prime was fairly short lived and being a primary DH will also work against him.

Chris Webber- C-Webb does belong in the hall IMO, but at the end of the day everyone's first memory of him will be as one of basketball's greatest choke artists. We'll see.

Kurt Warner- Hall of famer, no question.

Chipper Jones- Absolutely.

Issac Bruce 50-50. His numbers are great but he will face stiff competition.

Tiki Barber- Probably. His career was a steady progression and he appeared to retire at his peak which will hurt his case.

Steve McNair- Doubtful.

Jim Thome- I'll give him a 40-60 shot. Great numbers, but again not much separates him from a legion of power-hitting first basemen in his era.

Vince Carter- Probably not. When it's all said and done he will be remembered as a freak athlete who was a chronic underachiever, a head case, couldn't win on his own, and was vastly overpaid for much of his career. Toronto fans hate him.

Eddie George- Mmmmm...I say probably not.

Bernie Williams- Bernabe deserves induction as much as any (a batting title, 4 gold gloves, 4 rings, being one of the essential pieces of a dynasty and an all-around great guy) but the anti-Yankee bias among jerk sportswriters will probably keep him out. Ask Don Mattingly and Goose Gossage.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Nov 2010, 12:04 pm

ctrx wrote:
Most of the guys on this list are borderline.

That was kinda the basis for the thread, and your Yankee fandom was rampant in your posts, lol.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Nov 2010, 12:14 pm

Andy Pettite-Yes. His solid consistent regular seasons coupled with his post season numbers will probably get him in.

Terrell Davis-No

Grant Hill-I would like to think so, but i doubt it

David Ortiz-No

Chris Webber-I think he will get in

Kurt Warner-IMO, he's a no brainer, but you never know

Chipper Jones-Yes

Issac Bruce-No

Tiki Barber-No

Steve McNair-I loved the way he played the game, but he just doesn't deserve to be in the HOF

Jim Thome-Being a slugger in the steroid era will hurt him, but i think a lot of people feel his numbers were legit. I'll say yes.

Vince Carter-no

Eddie George-probably not

Bernie Williams-No, he was solid and steady, but he was never great IMO. He was key to the Yankees, but if any of those key Yankees deserves to be in the hall, it's Paul O'Niell

Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Nov 2010, 4:13 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Pettittes stats in the playoffs or regular season are not HOF material.. he sports an ERA close to four on his career- both playoffs and regular season...and his win loss record is due to the teams he's been on.. he's had a handful of great seasons mixed in with the bulk of his average to good seasons...

Spoken like somebody that's never truly watched him play. Pettite has been LIGHTS OUT for the majority of his career especially in the postseason. His win/loss record isn't just because of the teams he's been on because he's struck guys out left and right in the past, and even today he continues to be a formidible pitcher in big games. He is a shoe in for the HOF more than anyone that Terry listed.

And to Slang, I accept on ONE condition. Webber must get in his FIRST year of eligibility. If he's a first ballot HOF'er in the easiest sport to make the HOF in then take the bet.
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 3:28 am

Pettitte's ERA is not a "lights out" ERA - 4 ER a game is not lights out...he is also not a strike out artist... don't know what you are seeing there... by your logic every bit player that has thrived under belichek deserves to be in the hall...
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 3:32 am

He thinks the Giants are the best team in the NFL based on two weeks of play, why do you sound surprised?
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 3:35 am

T. Myers wrote:

Andy Pettite

Terrell Davis

Grant Hill-No

David Ortiz

Chris Webber-No

Kurt Warner-Of course I'll say yes

Chipper Jones

Issac Bruce-Yes

Tiki Barber-Yes

Steve McNair-Yes

Jim Thome

Vince Carter-No

Eddie George-Yes

Bernie Williams

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 5:50 pm

Tiki Barber? Why/how do you see him getting in?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 6:01 pm

Shaun wrote:
Tiki Barber? Why/how do you see him getting in?

He was good
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 6:23 pm

tiki had 5 good years out of 10 year career... other deserving backs with similar credentials have yet to make it... he has a chance... but is he a hall a famer? I would say no.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 6:25 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 8:09 pm

Jeff wrote:
He thinks the Giants are the best team in the NFL based on two weeks of play, why do you sound surprised?

First of all, I said they were the best team in the NFC and ONE OF the best teams in the NFL and I STILL feel that way despite yesterday's loss. They had won 5 straight games up until then, and if Steve Smith were in the lineup yesterday the outcome might have been different.

And if you followed sports at all you'd know that this is Week 10 in the NFL. Stop talking about shit that you know nothing about.

Last edited by Big Daddy Kool on Mon 15 Nov 2010, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 8:11 pm

It doesn't take a football fan to realize the cowboys whooped that ass this week... straight embarrassed the g-sluts semen sucking gagongiantpenises from new york. boo yah, you bitches suck.
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 8:16 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
It doesn't take a football fan to realize the cowboys whooped that ass this week... straight embarrassed the g-sluts semen sucking gagongiantpenises from new york. boo yah, you bitches suck.

Well your team is 2-7 and ain't making the fuckin playoffs. Had Steve Smith been in the lineup yesterday the outcome may have been different as he's KILLED the Cowgirls throughout his career.

I'd take being 6-3 over 2-7 any fuckin day. Yeah we didn't play well yesterday but we can still bounce back, you guys have nothing more to play for than trying to get Jason Garrett to be the head coach next year. Cowgirls still suck, and you weren't talking that shit when we knocked Phony Romo out, now were you Pedro?
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 8:18 pm

No, I would not have a reason to talk shit when your team beat us and injured the best QB in the league and knocked him out for the season. WHY THE FUCK WOULD I TALK SHIT AFTER THAT?
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 8:24 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Pettitte's ERA is not a "lights out" ERA - 4 ER a game is not lights out...he is also not a strike out artist... don't know what you are seeing there... by your logic every bit player that has thrived under belichek deserves to be in the hall...

There are players with higher ERA's than Pettite in the Hall Of Fame. Pettite is one of the BEST postseason pitchers in history. He has 19 wins in the playoffs, and 6 series clinching wins, both of which are MLB records. Not to mention that he's the winningest pitcher of the 2000's, and one of only two active pitchers with over 200 wins, 2000 strikeouts, and a winning percentage of over .600.

Those my friend, are HOF caliber statistics.

Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 8:25 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
No, I would not have a reason to talk shit when your team beat us and injured the best QB in the league and knocked him out for the season. WHY THE FUCK WOULD I TALK SHIT AFTER THAT?

Did you just call Romo the best QB in the league???? LMAO!!!!! That shit is completely laughable!!!

Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 8:29 pm

He is the best and his back up, Jon Kitna, is top 10 - he is definitely better than crapass manning.
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 8:33 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
He is the best and his back up, Jon Kitna, is top 10 - he is definitely better than crapass manning.

Both Mannings are better than Tony Homo, and Kitna is FAR from Top 10. You're just fuckin bias towards your wack ass team.

Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, Big Ben all trump Romo easily, and Eli has gotten it done in bigger situations than either of your boys so he's better as well.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 8:42 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I seriously hope you're joking Pedro. Someone who's never seen a football game would be able to identify that as a laughable statement. I say that not as a Jets fan but as a rational human.
Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 9:07 pm

Kitna just lit up the best defense in the NFL. So either Kitna is a stud or the Giants suck. I mean you and KJ are certified NY stan fan boys so rational sports convos are something you can't participate in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hall Of Famer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer?   Hall Of Famer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: