Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who matters the least?
East
42%
 42% [ 5 ]
West
17%
 17% [ 2 ]
South
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Midwest
25%
 25% [ 3 ]
International
16%
 16% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 2:41 am

Take your pick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 2:54 am

East, obviously.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 7:50 am

So you basically contrived this thread to generate an argument over the current impact of international hip hop?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 9:52 am

No, I was really tired and thought I had a joke against Powell when he inevitably says something bad about Iowa.

Also, International hip hop includes Canada, and with Drake going, I would argue they are far more relevant to hip hop than anything NYC has done in X amount of years.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 11:06 am

Jeff wrote:
No, I was really tired and thought I had a joke against Powell when he inevitably says something bad about Iowa.

Also, International hip hop includes Canada, and with Drake going, I would argue they are far more relevant to hip hop than anything NYC has done in X amount of years.

LMAO! stop being so damn sensitive lil dahmer...

anyway for this thread I'm going with the Midwest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 11:19 am

Midwest? Yeah, Eminem, Common, Twista, Tech N9ne, Royce Da 5'9", etc aren't relevant at all. The two best selling artists right now are Lil Wayne and Eminem, which means Midwest and the South are dominating the game. Name an east coast MC topping the charts, homie.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 11:26 am

Go Cowboys!!!...lls
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 11:32 am

Jeff wrote:
Midwest? Yeah, Eminem, Common, Twista, Tech N9ne, Royce Da 5'9", etc aren't relevant at all. The two best selling artists right now are Lil Wayne and Eminem, which means Midwest and the South are dominating the game. Name an east coast MC topping the charts, homie.

Lil Wayne is the South jeffrey...Eminem is the most relevant coming out the midwest in terms of sales but Jay-Z sells quite a bit too and so does Nicki Minaj who is from Queens so take that lil dahmer...

@highsmith, good win last night my dude, thank GOD you guys are still only 2-7 Laughing My Ass Off
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 11:33 am

and please lil jeff do NOT include Twista on any list having to do with "relevancy"ever again okay my dude....lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 12:08 pm

I said Midwest and South dominating hip hop, retard.

Also, Nicki Minaj doesn't "claim" the east coast, just like you "claim" Premo, so either don't include her or acknowledge your hypocrisy. Also, Twista outsells KRS One year after year so I don't see how he's not "relevant". Jay-Z tried to sign him, so obviously he's relevant to him. Try again.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 12:18 pm

ummm Nicki is from Queens,NY stupid...this is a FACT

it doesn't matter what she "claims"or not dum-may

as I said earlier for this thread I'm going with the Midwest easily.....I didn't even mention the south in my earlier response so why did you bring them up???
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 12:20 pm

Twista is NOT "relevant" jeffrey I don't care if Quincy Jones tried to sign him Laughing My Ass Off

as for him out selling Kris well a bunch of heads do that, but I'll take a KRS-One hip-hop show over a Twista show any fuckin day of the week dipstick
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 12:25 pm

D.Powell wrote:

as I said earlier for this thread I'm going with the Midwest easily.....I didn't even mention the south in my earlier response so why did you bring them up???

If that's the case, Premo is from Texas.......this is a FACT. It doesn't matter what he "claims", right?

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 12:25 pm

And Preemo is from Tex-Ass

that is a fact

it is also a fact that Preemo learned how to produce hip-hop music in the great boro of brooklyn and has also stated this many many times

as a matter of fact both Guru (who is from Boston) and Preemo (who is from Tex-Ass) have stated that they learned hip-hop culture in NYC and also stated "never taking shorts cause brooklyn's the boro" remember that lil dahmer??

give me 1 major, respected hip-hop artist out of Iowa?? give me one major respected hip-hop Dj out of Iowa?? not local yokels either I want nationwide appeal dipstick..lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 12:26 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

If that's the case, Premo is from Texas.......this is a FACT. It doesn't matter what he "claims", right?

Terry mind your country business mane...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 12:35 pm

D.Powell wrote:
And Preemo is from Tex-Ass

that is a fact

it is also a fact that Preemo learned how to produce hip-hop music in the great boro of brooklyn and has also stated this many many times

as a matter of fact both Guru (who is from Boston) and Preemo (who is from Tex-Ass) have stated that they learned hip-hop culture in NYC and also stated "never taking shorts cause brooklyn's the boro" remember that lil dahmer??

give me 1 major, respected hip-hop artist out of Iowa?? give me one major respected hip-hop Dj out of Iowa?? not local yokels either I want nationwide appeal dipstick..lol

Iowa has nothing to do with anything, douchebag. Try to stick to the discussion for once in your childish life.

You should really visit Iowa, then you and your homie KJ could get married and it would be legal and respected. This is why Iowa is a greater state then New York.

And again, NICKI MINAJ RECORDS MUSIC IN NEW ORLEANS. SHE DOESN'T CLAIM NYC. THEREFORE, BY YOUR FUCKING RETARDED LOGIC, SHE IS NOT AN EAST COAST ARTIST. JUXTAPOSE YOUR LOGIC FOR PRIMO AND NICKI MINAJ IN THE SAME SENTENCE AND TRY TO SEE HOW IT MAKES ANY SENSE.

I TYPE IN CAPS SO YOU CAN READ BETTER.

AND PRIMO NEVER SAID "BROOKLYN IS THE BORO", AS HE RARELY SPEAKS ON RECORD, MORON. IT WAS A SONG HE PRODUCED, REMEMBER THAT INSURANCE BOY?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 12:38 pm

he produced it and Guru spoke it, but Preemo has said Brooklyn taught him the game many times

I know where he is from and I know where he learned ya fuckin cook...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 12:42 pm

I'M A PALLETIZER, NOT A COOK.

AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING A COOK, YOU INSULTING YOUR WIFE? NOT A GOOD LOOK MY DUDE LOL
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 12:56 pm

lol...yeah okay mane
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 4:10 pm

I'll say the west coast followed by the east. They are both about equal.

Its funny how the two biggest giants at one point are now the lesser of the two regions who use to get shitted on back in the 90's.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 6:40 pm

If you'ra a dick riding,booty lickin' pop booper ofcourse its the east coast! Nope I take that back--its overseas. Now if you just want to examine things stateside well even your typical pop bopper would say its the west coast. Who da west got besides The Game? And he's beginning to fall into the cracks. The east got Jay-Z and Styles-P..
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 6:41 pm

The Phantom Gangster is always relevant

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 7:00 pm

I'm G-H-O-S-T, I can crack the ground and make the clouds come down

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Mon 15 Nov 2010, 7:14 pm

Jeff basically created this thread to hate on the East, fuck his corny ass.

Jay Z is from the East Coast and he still sells significantly. Raekwon's OB4CL2 was the most critically acclaimed mainstream album of last year. So how is the East irrelevant? GTFOH with that bullshit, Cornfed.

I'd say the least relevant right now is the West Coast. Talent wise it's the 2nd best of all time, but right now other than Game nobody out there is really moving units like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 12:30 am

Why are you looking at my corny ass? Or calling me cornfed? You got corn on the brain my friend.

I could see the west coast, but realistically E-40 is still doing it, Game, Ras Kass, Snoop Dogg, etc.

Actually I pretty much co-sign what KRob said.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 12:34 am

the West right now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 12:39 am

Jeff wrote:
Why are you looking at my corny ass? Or calling me cornfed? You got corn on the brain my friend.

I could see the west coast, but realistically E-40 is still doing it, Game, Ras Kass, Snoop Dogg, etc.

Actually I pretty much co-sign what KRob said.

Ras Kass has never been a big seller, most of his old albums are out of print and his current album isn't even available in stores. E-40 has only one platinum plaque to his name, and Snoop's work has declined bigtime.

However, if it's simply quality that you're speaking of, then the East still has plenty of that. Jay, Nas, Wu's solo projects, Q-Tip, The Roots, Masta Ace, Joe Budden, Jadakiss, Styles, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 12:41 am

KJ the east coast is not relevant like you may think. They do not even have their own unique sound anymore mainstream wise. But they are a tad more rel than the west. Jay-Z is 80-85% the reason for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 12:42 am

Not quality, relevancy.

I would argue that E-40 will always be relevant to a degree (much like KRS One), Rass Kass, Game, and Snoop will always have people caring about what they're doing.

Even Crooked I, Locksmith, Mistah FAB, Brotha Lynch Hung, etc are relevant to a degree but I would say they're probably on par with the east in terms of "hotness" right now.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 1:29 am

Shaun wrote:
I'm G-H-O-S-T, I can crack the ground and make the clouds come down

What we're about do to you:

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 2:11 am

Hater

[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 2:16 am

Shut up before i Use Mad Clips

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 11:26 am

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
KJ the east coast is not relevant like you may think. They do not even have their own unique sound anymore mainstream wise. But they are a tad more rel than the west. Jay-Z is 80-85% the reason for that.

CO-SIGNAGE

I still think the midwest wins though for this particular thread but the east sucks too in 2010....2010 has been one the weakest years ever for hip-hop music IMO.....the overall culture musically is going way down....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 12:56 pm

You have yet to say anything about why the Midwest isn't relevant right now. Best selling hip hop album of this year? Belongs to a midwest artist (Eminem), and Kanye hasn't even officially dropped yet so there's another big hit coming down the pike. Sorry your coast is just resting on it's laurels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 3:42 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

As far as mainstream is concerned, nobody really has a unique sound except for the South nowadays. Unfortunately though, that sound is mostly wack. For every dope artist in the South, there's at least 10 wack ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 3:54 pm

Jeff wrote:
Not quality, relevancy.

I would argue that E-40 will always be relevant to a degree (much like KRS One), Rass Kass, Game, and Snoop will always have people caring about what they're doing.

Even Crooked I, Locksmith, Mistah FAB, Brotha Lynch Hung, etc are relevant to a degree but I would say they're probably on par with the east in terms of "hotness" right now.

E-40 isn't all that relevant outside of the West Coast and guys like you who dig through the crates. Ras Kass is dope, but he's never really been all that relevant. While he's a better rapper than the Game, he's nowhere near as relevant. When you've got an album in which you cannot buy in stores, and you get robbed trying to buy it online, then you're not relevant.

Nas WILL ALWAYS be relevant. He is one of the greatest MC's of all time and will always be viewed that way by most of hip-hop nation. All but 1-2 of his albums have gone gold or better. Most of Wu-Tang's solo projects are critically acclaimed, same goes for The Roots who's live shows always sell out and always have people checking for their albums. Also, if Royce and Crooked I are relevant in your opinion then so is Joe Budden.
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 4:15 pm

East=What Bret Hart used to say.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 4:17 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Not quality, relevancy.

E-40 isn't all that relevant outside of the West Coast and guys like you who dig through the crates. Ras Kass is dope, but he's never really been all that relevant. While he's a better rapper than the Game, he's nowhere near as relevant. When you've got an album in which you cannot buy in stores, and you get robbed trying to buy it online, then you're not relevant.

Nas WILL ALWAYS be relevant. He is one of the greatest MC's of all time and will always be viewed that way by most of hip-hop nation. All but 1-2 of his albums have gone gold or better. Most of Wu-Tang's solo projects are critically acclaimed, same goes for The Roots who's live shows always sell out and always have people checking for their albums. Also, if Royce and Crooked I are relevant in your opinion then so is Joe Budden.

I call bullshit, most people in the bay don't respect 40 because he steals all his ideas, not his style, but his content. Most of his true fans are out of staters I think. How many times do you have to post the same shit about Nas bro, I get tired of reading the same post over & over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 4:23 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Not quality, relevancy.

I call bullshit, most people in the bay don't respect 40 because he steals all his ideas, not his style, but his content. Most of his true fans are out of staters I think. How many times do you have to post the same shit about Nas bro, I get tired of reading the same post over & over.

Don't look at me bro, blame your boy Jeff for that. He's the one who created this thread.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 4:43 pm

You can't spell "least relevant" without the "East".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 4:49 pm

I think romped is just an E-40 hater - all the legends in the bay fuck with 40 so if he really was such a snake/thief/so hated in the bay they wouldn't fuck with him - that simple.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 5:00 pm

I like 40. It rubs people the wrong way that he gets the credit for shit that he didn't make up, and then brags about how he is the king of slang knowing he didn't come up with hardly any of it. I don't think it's his fault he's more known and international folk think that but it's how it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 5:05 pm

I mean I can see some people get frustrated - but at the same time when he put hyphy on the national stage he had keak on the track so you can't really blame him for not trying.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 5:11 pm

I don't, people in the next county on north do. You should really listen to Little Bruce, Dubee, etc. on The Truth Mixtape and see what the deal was/is.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 5:19 pm

Sample Yeeeeeeee.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 5:57 pm

Here's the thing though.. bruce was dissing mac dre way back... then he switched teams and disses 40? I don't take him seriously when it comes to the disses.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 6:12 pm

40 fucked over Bruce one time too many. Miami brought MD & Bruce together after time. Listen to 99 Thizzes it says right there in the first minute how 40 takes it & claims it's his. Here's the story summed up on this clip why he is on Thizz now.

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 6:51 pm

In a rap climate were someone named Wacka Flocka Flame can gain notoriety do you think it really matters if a region is irrelevant or not?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 8:38 pm

^ Question Of The Week

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   Tue 16 Nov 2010, 8:45 pm

Yes, because Megalon and Tommy Gunn and Rodan are much better rap names.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?   

Back to top Go down

What is the least relevant region in hip hop right now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next