Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hall Of Famer? Part 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 11:49 am

Hines Ward

Dikembe Mutombo

Barry Larkin

Jorge Posada

Dennis Rodman

Chauncey Billups

Mark Jackson

Torry Holt

Gary Sheffield

Donovan McNabb

Warren Sapp

Shaun Alexander

Ronde Barber

Kenny Lofton

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 12:45 pm

Rodman shouldn't even be a question. Defense>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And Kenny Lofton, maybe Sapp, are the only 3 I'd consider as HOF material. But I'm not a huge sports nut, either.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 12:47 pm

Jeff wrote:
Rodman shouldn't even be a question. Defense>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And Kenny Lofton, maybe Sapp, are the only 3 I'd consider as HOF material. But I'm not a huge sports nut, either.

I agree that Rodman should be a no brainer, but apparently a lot of people don't
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 12:53 pm

Seriously? One of the greatest defenders of all time? How many records does the man hold? Rings? What more do you need to get in the HOF?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 1:04 pm

Hines Ward - Yes. I can't tell you what compels me to say yes, but I see a HOF when I see Hines Ward.

Dikembe Mutombo - Yes. Defensively, there weren't many that were better.

Barry Larkin - Yes. See Hines Ward.

Jorge Posada - Nope.

Dennis Rodman - I would vote him in. His rebounding numbers were obscene. Best rebounder these two eyes have ever seen.

Chauncey Billups - No. He only hit his stride in Detroit and hasn't done much to separate himself since. Before that, he was a dispensable journeyman...

Mark Jackson - Which one?

Torry Holt - He gets in if Isaac Bruce gets in. My gut says no on both of them, though.

Gary Sheffield - No question...

Donovan McNabb - Nope. Like Slang pointed out, the NFL HOF is the toughest to get into. His resume' isn't lacking, but his reputation is.

Warren Sapp - My gut says yes, but not 1st ballot.

Shaun Alexander - Nope.

Ronde Barber - On the fence...right now, I say no.

Kenny Lofton - Another fencer...right now...yes.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 1:07 pm

Sorry Norf.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 1:11 pm

Ah...just for the number of assists he has and his knack for winning wherever he went, I'd say yes. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get in, though.

His dickriding of LeBron on ESPN is disgusting, though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 7:16 pm

Hines Ward- I love the way he plays the game, but I don't see him making it.

Dikembe Mutombo- No, other than blocking shots his game was limited.

Barry Larkin- Yes, one of the best SS's of all time IMO. He fell short this year but he'll eventually get in.

Jorge Posada- See Hines Ward

Dennis Rodman- He deserves to be in based on his play, but his clownish antics and attitude are likely gonna keep him out.

Chauncey Billups- See Hines Ward/Jorge Posada

Mark Jackson- No, he was a good but not great PG.

Torry Holt- Yes, he was one of the best recievers in the game for about 7-8 seasons.

Gary Sheffield- Personally I'd vote for him, but he's borderline.

Donovan McNabb- Absolutely!! Arguably the best QB of the past 10 years not named Brady or Manning. There are lesser QB's in the HOF.

Warren Sapp- I think he'll make it, but probably not his first year of eligibility.

Shaun Alexander- No, was great for his first few seasons but then fizzled out.

Ronde Barber- No, he was never dominant.

Kenny Lofton- Doubtful, his only monster stat is stolen bases, and there are players with more steals than him that aren't in.

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 7:23 pm

Hines Ward

Dikembe Mutombo

Dennis Rodman

Gary Sheffield

Warren Sapp

Shaun Alexander (he did hold a record... lol)

Ronde Barber (maybe... not too sure of how they rate defensive players, but I would say yes)

Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 7:51 pm

Hines Ward- Don't think so. Another ring or two and he will be in contention.

Dikembe Mutombo- I'm going to say no. Never a scorer and never a winner.

Barry Larkin- For sure. The NL's premier shortstop for practically two decades.

Jorge Posada- Yes. A centerpiece of a dynasty.

Dennis Rodman- Yep. One of the best rebounders and defenders in NBA history, a cultural icon, and another centerpiece of a dynasty.

Chauncey Billups- Nope.

Mark Jackson- Love "the other MJ" but no.

Torry Holt- I give him around a 50-50 shot...I'll say yes.

Gary Sheffield- Stats oughta put him in but he was never on sportswriters' good sides...we shall see.

Donovan McNabb- Yes.

Warren Sapp- Absolutely.

Shaun Alexander- Nope. A few good years and a precipitous drop from prominence does not a hall-of-famer make.

Ronde Barber- He'll be an interesting case. Off the top I'd say no but he may in fact go down as one of the premier secondary players of his generation.

Kenny Lofton- no way.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 8:27 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:

Barry Larkin- Yes, one of the best SS's of all time IMO. He fell short this year but he'll eventually get in.

Dennis Rodman- He deserves to be in based on his play, but his clownish antics and attitude are likely gonna keep him out.

Torry Holt- Yes, he was one of the best recievers in the game for about 7-8 seasons.

Donovan McNabb- Absolutely!! Arguably the best QB of the past 10 years not named Brady or Manning. There are lesser QB's in the HOF.

Warren Sapp- I think he'll make it, but probably not his first year of eligibility.

Kenny Lofton- Doubtful, his only monster stat is stolen bases, and there are players with more steals than him that aren't in.

You don't watch much basketball, huh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 8:32 pm

ctrx wrote:

Gary Sheffield- Stats oughta put him in but he was never on sportswriters' good sides...we shall see.

Agreed, that's the reason why I feel that he's borderline. He despised the media. I hope the writers look past that though because he definitely deserves to be in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 8:38 pm

Norfeest wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

You don't watch much basketball, huh?

I watch a TON of basketball. Dikembe had little to no offensive game. He was a pretty good rebounder, but his only true monster stat was blocking shots. Unless you completely shut people down like Rodman did in his prime, you're not gonna make the HOF that way.

He wasn't even considered a Top 5 center of his era, so how does he make it into the HOF?? Alonzo Mourning was better than Dikembe, would you put him in? If not, then you honestly can't put in Dikembe over him.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 8:40 pm

ctrx wrote:
Dikembe Mutombo- I'm going to say no. Never a scorer and never a winner.

Not a winner? He won with the Nuggets, Rockets and Sixers. His ATL teams weren't bad either. His teams may not have dominated, but he did win. In his entire career (18 years), he only missed the playoffs 3 times.

And you can't keep him out for not being a scorer and then turn around and say what you said about Rodman. Rodman averaged a few more rebounds, but he was never the defender that Dikembe was. He was DPOY four times (only Ben Wallace can match that) with 3 different teams...Rodman only has two. Deke was one of the best defensive players of all time and he was a better defender than Rodman...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 8:44 pm

Dikembe was better than Alonzo...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 8:46 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
I watch a TON of basketball. Dikembe had little to no offensive game. He was a pretty good rebounder, but his only true monster stat was blocking shots. Unless you completely shut people down like Rodman did in his prime, you're not gonna make the HOF that way.

He wasn't even considered a Top 5 center of his era, so how does he make it into the HOF?? Alonzo Mourning was better than Dikembe, would you put him in? If not, then you honestly can't put in Dikembe over him.

1) Zo has nothing to do with this convo...

2) His offense isn't what would get him in.

3)Not being top 5 of his era isn't enough to keep him out.

4) He was a better defender than Rodman.

5) His only monster stat was blocks? Pretty good rebounder? lol Check those rebounding numbers again.

He'll make the HoF. He's one of the best defensive centers ever...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 8:46 pm

Shaun wrote:
Dikembe was better than Alonzo...

Agreed. Even though I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. lol
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 8:49 pm

Nope. I was serious lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 9:03 pm

Zo was a much better all around player than Deke. The reason why I brought him up is because they were part of the same era. There is absolutely no way that Deke gets in the HOF over Zo. If Deke gets in, then Zo's gotta get in. Especially when you consider how Zo almost died of kidney failure to come back miraculously and play a big role on a championship team.

And Rodman was a better defender than Deke. The Worm was like the Deion Sanders of the NBA. He knew how to intimidate players and get them off of their game. HOF'ers like Shaq, Malone, and Barkley often struggled against Rodman. Deke was a great defender, but it was easier for guys to score on him than it was on Rodman. Deke won more DPOY's, but so did Ben Wallace, and Wallace damn sure ain't making the HOF.

I wouldn't be shocked if Deke made the HOF, but if he does he definitely won't first ballot, There's too many players in his era that were better than him overall.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hall Of Famer? Part 2   Hall Of Famer? Part 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hall Of Famer? Part 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: