Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Dr. Dre track

Go down 
+5
thelundquist
Esco
Justin Linker
Half
Wayne
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 7:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 7:39 pm

Well, this will bump at clubs
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 8:17 pm

Not bad, not great, but not bad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 12:35 pm

I actually like it. The beat is dope, and at least Akon didn't fuck it up like he has in the past.
Back to top Go down

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 12:46 pm

I like it, and I'm not qualifying my answer for the hipsters and the haters. It's dope, period. Dre always comes through.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 2:02 pm

It's cool. It probably doesn't meet the expectations of a lot of people, but there's nothing wrong with it. Now that 'I Need a Doctor' track with Eminem on the other hand...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 2:11 pm

thelundquist wrote:
It's cool. It probably doesn't meet the expectations of a lot of people, but there's nothing wrong with it. Now that 'I Need a Doctor' track with Eminem on the other hand...

Is insanely dope?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 2:25 pm

Jeff wrote:
thelundquist wrote:

Is insanely dope?

I was thinkin pretty damn wack actually. Have you heard it?
Back to top Go down

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 2:35 pm

I posted it in a thread.

And I'm pretty sure no one is going to take your opinion to heart. But if it makes you feel better to disrespect two legends, then go ahead, not gonna hurt my feelings.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 2:55 pm

Maybe it'll sound better mastered or something, but that was not good to me. I didn't like the beat, the hook, the flanger, Em's yell flow, or Dre's feeble attempt at rapping the verse Em wrote for him. The lyrics were ill, but the presentation was poor. Dre and Em are legends (two of my favorites; GOAT Producer and GOAT MC respectively) and that's why they get away with sub-par material now because nobody will tell them when something's not working.
Back to top Go down

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 3:03 pm

I liked everything you just mentioned, with the exception of the vocal effect (which actually wasn't a flanger, but close enough), which isn't something I "like" but it worked well enough. I don't know where you heard an unmastered version, because the one that they themselves put out is mixed and mastered, unlike "Kush".
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 3:14 pm

Idk, it's possible I heard some shitty rip, but I'm not feeling it.

*Jamming again to make sure*

Ok upon further review, I don't mind the hook anymore and the lyrics/concept are still really dope but everything else still bothers me.
Back to top Go down

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 3:22 pm

The hook took me 2-3 spins to grow on me, but even 2001 took a couple spins before I really started to like it. Sometimes his shit is just so simple or different that it takes me awhile to like it. They might tweak it more, but Em put a link up on his website so I'm pretty sure this is an actual song that will be on the album. I think it's the "Forgot About Dre" to "Kush" as "Still DRE" if you get what I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 3:44 pm

Yeah I know what your saying. I just can't really get into Em's new flow, and I have tried... hard, I don't feel like Alex Da Kid is dope enough to get a production slot on Detox (though if this ends up on the Recovery re-release then that's another story), and Dre sounds a tad uninterested to me, but with all that said, I'm sure I'm going to listen to it a lot. It'll be in rotation with All She Wrote and the new Royce songs. I'm a Stan, so even when I don't like it, I do, or will try to. I still remember listening to We Made You like 30 times in a row the day it dropped to try to make myself like it... didn't work on that one though.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 6:00 pm

I Need A Doctor was okay
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 9:19 pm

Kush is dope, but the hook on I Need a Doctor kinda ruins the song
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010, 10:06 pm

Jeff wrote:
I like it, and I'm not qualifying my answer for the hipsters and the haters. It's dope, period. Dre always comes through.

"All hipsters play at being the inventors or first adopters of novelties: pride comes from knowing, and deciding, what’s cool in advance of the rest of the world. Yet the habits of hatred and accusation are endemic to hipsters because they feel the weakness of everyone’s position — including their own. Proving that someone is trying desperately to boost himself instantly undoes him as an opponent. He’s a fake, while you are a natural aristocrat of taste. That’s why “He’s not for real, he’s just a hipster” is a potent insult among all the people identifiable as hipsters themselves. "

Keep that in mind kid...
Back to top Go down

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010, 10:20 pm

That really didn't apply here?
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 2:39 pm

Justin Linker wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 8:48 am

Wayne wrote:
Justin Linker wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Cosign.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 9:24 am

If "Detox" ever comes out I will be shocked. I hope it does because i am a Dre stan but I gave up on it 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 9:50 am

I gave up on it 4 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 10:57 am

I'm diggin it, I guess...I mean it is Dre and Snoop and Nate...and faggot ass Akon. And it is about weed. I just hope that if Dre ever does release a new album that it has some OG gangsta shit somewhere on it. I doubt it, tho...he's old...Snoop's old...it's probably gonna be mostly club bangers...smh. I just want some more shit like Bitch bunny's, Xxplosive, Some LA Niggaz...I would mention Chronic songs but he's never doing that again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Dr. Dre track Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dr. Dre track   New Dr. Dre track Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dr. Dre track
Page 1 of 1