Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"

Go down 
+10
Purple Haze
Half
Shaun
parker lewis
Justin Linker
Laced With Slang
Wayne
Myestro
T. Myers
thelundquist
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 2:56 pm

LOL, if it makes you feel better i've been trying to track down a copy of Uncorrectable.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 3:23 pm

T. Myers wrote:
LOL, if it makes you feel better i've been trying to track down a copy of Uncorrectable.

That does help a little terry. good luck with the search and if you want I can give you a link so you give it a sample.
Back to top Go down
chingy > nas
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
chingy > nas

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 3:39 pm

smh @ those losers fightin over a bootleg

Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" - Page 2 319260
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 4:11 pm

yOGi420™ wrote:
The fact that yall would check this before anything i rec blows me away!!! Seriously is there really a doubt in your mind that this might not be crap. And I actually know this from being subjected to it by wifey who kinda like nicki. but as for me, I'd rather ram spears through my ears than to put this album on. Hopefully she won't play it again in my presence, unfortunately I think I may end up hearing it again

Well on the real Yogi most of the stuff you rec is just as cliche and bland as you may view this Nicki album and some of the other coasts music. The stuff you and Shaw rec is either that same ole west coast mobb music they have been doing since the early 90's or corny and to dang predictable. Every album cover I see and trklisting is damn near the same thing over and over. I enjoy well done hardcore or gangsta rap if you will but not caveman gangsta shit over and over. they all seem to be stuck in the Boyz N The Hood and Menace II society era.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 4:28 pm

you wouldn't know really kev cuz you don't even check it out.... you judge it by what you see not by how it sounds. and no I'm not saying what i say cuz she's from the other coast.... its because i have HEARD the crappy cd and based my judgment on that, not on how the cover looks or how the track list reads. sorry homie if i smell a turd and call it shit. at least i base my opinion on actual experience of what it is.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 4:29 pm

BTW... nice vid short... them bitches are crazy over that shit. ain't no cd worth all that drama in my opinion. He He
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 5:32 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:
The fact that yall would check this before anything i rec blows me away!!! Seriously is there really a doubt in your mind that this might not be crap. And I actually know this from being subjected to it by wifey who kinda like nicki. but as for me, I'd rather ram spears through my ears than to put this album on. Hopefully she won't play it again in my presence, unfortunately I think I may end up hearing it again

Well on the real Yogi most of the stuff you rec is just as cliche and bland as you may view this Nicki album and some of the other coasts music. The stuff you and Shaw rec is either that same ole west coast mobb music they have been doing since the early 90's or corny and to dang predictable. Every album cover I see and trklisting is damn near the same thing over and over. I enjoy well done hardcore or gangsta rap if you will but not caveman gangsta shit over and over. they all seem to be stuck in the Boyz N The Hood and Menace II society era.

Is that such a bad thing to be stuck in that era (not that it's completely true). That's when rap was at it's best to you right? You've already said that you're in a different place in your life and that nothing new in this sub genre is going to please your ears anyway. So basicly you would be willing to at least try a good amount of Yog's recs if you were a few years younger, but now you're just older & grumpy. Lots of the new bay sounds the same as one another to me as well, but I still have to pick through the so-so to get to the good & great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 5:50 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:

Is that such a bad thing to be stuck in that era (not that it's completely true). That's when rap was at it's best to you right? You've already said that you're in a different place in your life and that nothing new in this sub genre is going to please your ears anyway. So basicly you would be willing to at least try a good amount of Yog's recs if you were a few years younger, but now you're just older & grumpy. Lots of the new bay sounds the same as one another to me as well, but I still have to pick through the so-so to get to the good & great.

I have tried a few of you and Yog recs and most have been the samething. So if you have a pretty bad trk record why would I keep checking you guys rec?

And yes rap was betta OVERALL for that era but I was not just listening to the Bay area. And I get could into that sound more back then because it was fresh and something more dark from the mainstream west coast that was on at that time. But I do not want to hear 100 artist using the same beats and subjects and looks in the year 2010. Not all you guys rec's have been complete trash some were str8 but none really had much replay value for me.

Also I am not saying this Nicki cd is betta than all you guys rec's. I was just posting it was not as bad as I thought.

Last edited by KRob TheRapGod on Fri 03 Dec 2010, 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 6:38 pm

Oh believe me most of the stuff that Yogi puts up I wouldn't rec to anybody that is not a fan of the more popular artists out the Yay (Nicky, Dubee, Duna, MD, Quinn, Mall). As big of a fan of Suga Free as you are it baffels me that you don't like these guys. Do you at least like Dre's verse on What A Hit We Made off of Sunday School? That verse is my txt message ringtone right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 8:08 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Oh believe me most of the stuff that Yogi puts up I wouldn't rec to anybody that is not a fan of the more popular artists out the Yay (Nicky, Dubee, Duna, MD, Quinn, Mall). As big of a fan of Suga Free as you are it baffels me that you don't like these guys. Do you at least like Dre's verse on What A Hit We Made off of Sunday School? That verse is my txt message ringtone right now.

Suga Free is original to me. Maybe not to you guys because you listen to so such west coast rap. And he has actual lyrical rap skill to these ears. I need to listen to that song and get back with you. And by Dre who are you talking about? Dre Dog?
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 8:33 pm

Suga Free is an absolute original, but many others are on his same level. MD not Nicky on What A Hit We Made. Edit: last verse in case you couldn't tell.