Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hopsin - Raw

Go down 
+6
Jack of Spades
Justice
ctrx
Half
Justin Linker
Laced With Slang
10 posters

?
Hopsin - Raw Vote_lcap0%Hopsin - Raw Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Hopsin - Raw Vote_lcap40%Hopsin - Raw Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Hopsin - Raw Vote_lcap20%Hopsin - Raw Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 20% [ 1 ]
 20% [ 1 ]
2 or below
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:46 am

just stumbled across this album the other day and i gotta say after 1 spin its really dope. Hopsin is a young cat from LA, i dont know too much about him besides that he was signed to Ruthless at one point. The album has got pretty solid production but sometimes lacking and the kid is crazy talented, got a crazy flow, and a crispy voice. He probably hates the comparison but he sometimes sounds like Eminem in terms of his voice and some of Em's old subject matter which is a great welcome to these ears. I will say im not feeling the hooks on some of the tracks, or the use of autotune on a song, but the verses are real dope. There's only 2 guests on the album and they do their job. Anyway, Hopsin has got some talent just may need some help touching up some of the hooks and he can have an amazing album on his hands in the future. This is at least 4-4.25. I also think this guy would be a dope addition to Strange Music, they should look into that...

Anyway the highlights on first listen are "Nocturnal Rainbows", "I am Raw", "Where Will I Go", "Blood Energy Potion", and "Im not Crazy" (wish there werent guests on Im Not Crazy though) among others. And i love the shots at Wayne and Lupe on here...

Also "Sag My Pants" is really dope, i thought the hook was corny as fuck at first but now i think its fucking hilarious and adds to the song...

Overall, this guy has an immense amount of potential, i think he couldve trimmed some of the fat off this album and fixed some of the hooks and it could be even better

Hopsin - Raw E74dfff87cfe5f62a3d9bfce302dd841
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:48 am

I just purchased it from faygoluvers.net It's really dope. A friend of mine is a rapper and has Hopsin on his new album, as well as Cognito from Strange Music.

4.5/5
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:49 am

Justin Linker wrote:
I just purchased it from faygoluvers.net It's really dope. A friend of mine is a rapper and has Hopsin on his new album, as well as Cognito from Strange Music.

4.5/5

So this guy is ICP affiliated?
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:50 am

Nope. His album is just for sale in their webstore. Well...it was. I got the last one Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:52 am

i can assure you Half that this is not like ICP at all
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:54 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
i can assure you Half that this is not like ICP at all

Ok, I may peep it then. No offense to ICP fans...
Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 1:20 am

You got a link for this? I've been looking for forever...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 1:26 am

check pm

Yee!!!
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 1:27 am

smh. I just sent a link too lmao
Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 1:30 am

I was literally just bitching in the chatbox tonight about how I couldn't find a link for this album or the new GrewSum...I hope it's better than his first cd, but from what I heard it sounds a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 1:34 am

i havent heard the first but i really like this album ive spun it another time and am spinning now too
Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 2:28 am

Where can I buy this?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 11:00 pm

So after spinning this album all day multiple times im feeling it more and more

i can say with confidence that Hopsin is >>>>>>> Wayne, Kanye, Drake, Lupe, Joe Budden, Crooked I, Joell Ortiz, Wiz Khalifa, Currensy, Wale, Big Sean, and any of these other "relevant" idiots nowadays
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 11:01 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

i can say with confidence that Hopsin is >>>>>>> Wayne, Kanye, Drake, Lupe, Joe Budden, Crooked I, Joell Ortiz, Wiz Khalifa, Currensy, Wale, Big Sean, and any of these other "relevant" idiots nowadays

Stop making fun of Wayne. Also, Kanye is relevant.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 11:03 pm

Half wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

and add Game to the list of people Hopsin is >>>
Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 11:17 pm

boom... found a link to the CD - autographed for 10 bucks shipped...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 11:20 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Half wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

and add Game to the list of people Hopsin is >>>

that comment shud ruffle some feathers
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 11:26 pm

Hopsin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 1:15 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
boom... found a link to the CD - autographed for 10 bucks shipped...
funkvolume.com

I could have told you that...

Last edited by Jeff on Wed 24 Nov 2010, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 4:14 am

ummmm no.. funkvolume is 13 plus 3 bucks for shipping... ebay has it for 10 bucks shipped...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 10:33 pm

seriously this kid is talented as fuck. Spitting like a poor man's Eminem in his prime but better than a "poor man's" lol. This album is fucking good, Hopsin is here to stay, fuck yall in advance for not checking this out.

and Nemo, what do you think of this album?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 10:57 pm

dude is fucking ridiculous

this dude will SKIN Lupe and Game combined EASILY
Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 10:00 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
seriously this kid is talented as fuck. Spitting like a poor man's Eminem in his prime but better than a "poor man's" lol. This album is fucking good, Hopsin is here to stay, fuck yall in advance for not checking this out.

and Nemo, what do you think of this album?

Well I did rec his first album last year and no one checked it out...
Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 11:48 am

I asked about his first album last year and you didn't necessarily rec it. You said you thought he was dope, but the album was just OK or something.
Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 12:47 pm

I was mocking Slang, not intentionally implying that album was dope.
Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 12:53 pm

Ah, my bad then.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 8:24 pm

Ill record.
Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 8:24 pm

Oh yeah, I finally got my copy yesterday and spun it blind... a CD hasn't hit me this hard in a while... has it's lulls... but the highs are some of the sickest shit I heard in a while...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 8:37 pm

Nocturnal Rainbows>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 10:31 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Spitting like a poor man's Eminem in his prime but better than a "poor man's" lol.

That's what I thought as I listened to it. Some of the hooks and beats could have been better.... On a couple of the songs he really sounded like Shade Shiest (voice wise). After one spin (with a shitload of interruptions) I would rate it at 3.75-4.00.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 10:40 pm

If your interested there are two free mixtapes by Hopsin & SwizZz on https://www.myfunkvolume.com/ .
Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 10:45 pm

I remember peeping the free mixtapes... never liked swizz all that much....
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 12:04 am

yea i wasnt feelin Swizz too much either, he was alright on one of the tracks, but on the others ESPECIALLY "im not crazy" i wish Hopsin did all three verses
Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 12:08 am

swizz sounds way too cartoony and animated... like a baby busta rhymes on crack...
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 9:32 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
swizz sounds way too cartoony and animated... like a baby busta rhymes on crack...

Or a Sticky Fingaz on PCP. lol!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb 2011, 12:36 am

This album is great. A few weak tracks, but really just a few. I encourage everyone here to at least give those videos a sampling.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb 2011, 8:51 am

I really wanted to hate on this after Slang so boldly claimed that Hopsin is >>>>than all those other dudes...but...this is actually dope stuff. I see what you mean about needing help on the hooks, though. And he's not better than Currensy...lol.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2013, 1:51 pm

Hopsin can flow and rhyme, extemely well actually, but he has got to be the lamest dude ever content-wise. I'm certain I've never heard a rapper say more uncool ish than him. He is basically just a straight-edge dude attempting to impersonate Slim Shady and also be conscious. Which is the wackest possible amalgamation of hip-hop personas.

My bad for reviving an old ass thread. I just searched to see what discussion there was of him before I started a new one.

Also. 'Ye, Lupe, Joe Budden, Crooked I, Joell Ortiz, and Curren$y are all doper than Hopsin and the only one of those that I'm even a kind of big fan of is Ortiz.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2013, 3:22 pm

Hopsin fell off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hopsin - Raw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin - Raw   Hopsin - Raw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hopsin - Raw
Page 1 of 1