Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic

Go down 
+16
Cold Loungin
E. Taylor
Alan
Wanduras
TheHazardous
Highsmith
Myestro
Wayne
Funk Seoul Brother
parker lewis
Cory
PKT
thelundquist
Laced With Slang
Half
Shaun
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

36 Chambers vs. The Chronic
36 Chambers
GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Vote_lcap64%GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Vote_rcap
 64% [ 16 ]
The Chronic
GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Vote_lcap36%GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Vote_rcap
 36% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage

GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Empty
PostSubject: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 2:39 am

GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Wu-tang-clan-enter-the-wu-tang-36-chambers

vs.

GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Dr.DreTheChronic

Congrats to these two albums for fighting it out for the top of the album food chain!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 2:41 am

36 Chambers, easily
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 2:44 am

Either one is better than illmatic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 2:48 am

The Chronic but only because I play it more and I can just pick it up and play it. Good either way.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 2:48 am

Wu
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 2:52 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Neither one is better than illmatic.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 2:55 am

Shaun wrote:
Shaun wrote:
I'm a bitch

No doubt.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 2:56 am

That doesn't even make sense.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 2:57 am

A faggot bitch ass trick hater wrote:
That doesn't even make sense.

Yeah it does
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 3:17 am

Wu
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 3:57 am

36 Chambers and it's not even close to close
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 4:50 am

The Chronic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 11:20 am

Look, the honest truth to me is this:

both are groundbreaking albums

both are seminal places in rap history

But the key difference is this: The Chronic was a huge step forward in terms of production, this really opened up people's eyes as to what rap music could be. 36 Chambers, in a lot of ways, was showing off how much you could do with very little. There are constant mistakes on the album, whereas The Chronic has NONE. Seriously, regardless of how dope the IDEAS on 36 Chambers are, there are enough fuck ups to make some of it unlistenable to me. That's where I stand

Dre.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 11:27 am

Wu crushes the chronic in every way possible. The chronic is my least favorite west coast album way to many fuck ups
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 11:35 am

If the Chronic is your least favorite west coast album you need to be checking on more of Yogi & Romped's downloads. j/k...not really...but kind of

Wu-Tang
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 11:39 am

My favorite album right now is death certificate it's been something I played lots over the years and is top 5 shit for me. And I would take doggystyle or no one can do it better over the chronic any day. The chronic starts strong with like 6 dope tracks back to back but I lose intrest after that
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 12:56 pm

I'd take Illmatic and ATLiens over both of them. I guess I'll vote the Chronic.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 1:26 pm

Jeff wrote:
Look, the honest truth to me is this:

both are groundbreaking albums

both are seminal places in rap history

But the key difference is this: The Chronic was a huge step forward in terms of production, this really opened up people's eyes as to what rap music could be. 36 Chambers, in a lot of ways, was showing off how much you could do with very little. There are constant mistakes on the album, whereas The Chronic has NONE. Seriously, regardless of how dope the IDEAS on 36 Chambers are, there are enough fuck ups to make some of it unlistenable to me. That's where I stand

Dre.

A huge step forward in production as well.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 1:48 pm

Cory wrote:
My favorite album right now is death certificate it's been something I played lots over the years and is top 5 shit for me. And I would take doggystyle or no one can do it better over the chronic any day. The chronic starts strong with like 6 dope tracks back to back but I lose intrest after that

There are more than 4 west coast albums
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 1:56 pm

I was just saying some well known favorites
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 2:16 pm

Shaun wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Neither one is better than illmatic.

Exactly!!!!

As for these two albums, I'm gonna go with The Chronic. Both are Top 10 albums to me, but The Chronic is 6th on my list and 36 Chambers is 7th. I won't be upset with the outcome either way though.

Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 3:13 pm

36 Chambers!!!!!

The Chronic goes out swinging!
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 8:05 pm

Up from the 36 Chambers...
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 8:52 pm

36 Chambers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 9:00 pm

I gave The Chronic some pity pussy.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 9:41 pm

Chronic!!!!

Much respect to the Wu.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 1:39 am

EVERYONE loves Nuthin But A G Thang. Everyone. 36 Chambers is dope as fuck but it is limited to me. There are times when it is not right for the moment. The Chronic just fuckin JAMS at any time. It's Dre Day, bitch.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:01 am

Wu easily!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:24 am

If Chronic was consistently as dope as the 4-5 best tracks, it would easily destroy any hip hop album. There is definitely some filler going on, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:30 am

FILLER??? SMMFH.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 12:02 pm

There's not any filler on either album. Both are easily among the best albums ever created.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 1:20 pm

The beats on Rat-Tat-Tat, Stranded On Death Row, and Lyrical Gangbang are straight up lazy and uninspired.

The 3 singles plus The Roach are some of the best hip-hop tracks in history, and the remainder of the album is only good enough.

RBX should've been cut entirely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 2:49 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
The beats on Rat-Tat-Tat, Stranded On Death Row, and Lyrical Gangbang are straight up lazy and uninspired.

The 3 singles plus The Roach are some of the best hip-hop tracks in history, and the remainder of the album is only good enough.

The beats on those songs are dope as fuck especially Lyrical Gangbang, and I like RBX.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 4:16 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

The beats on those songs are dope as fuck especially Lyrical Gangbang, and I like RBX.

Co-sign.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 8:43 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

Lady of Rage should've been cut entirely.

Fixed!
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:40 pm

I reckon Lady Of Rage, is dope. But her solo album was very disappointing for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 12:23 am

Lounge wrote:
I reckon Lady Of Rage, is dope. But her solo album was very disappointing for me.

Rage was dope on The Chronic and Doggystyle, and Afro Puffs was a dope song but I agree.

It's funny that the people on this forum who hate female rappers are all white, hispanic, and other races except black. I think it's because they're intimidated by strong black women.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 12:59 am

You're a retard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 1:26 am

I hate all things black.

Funny how KJ says we're intimidated by strong black women - yet he exclusively dates fat white chicks...hmmm....
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 2:58 am

LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 3:01 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Lounge wrote:

Rage was dope on The Chronic and Doggystyle, and Afro Puffs was a dope song but I agree.

It's funny that the people on this forum who hate female rappers are all white, hispanic, and other races except black. I think it's because they're intimidated by strong black women.

Considering I'm the one that said it...I think she sucks. I don't hate female rappers, and am not intimidated by strong black women. But, like always, you'll draw your own conclusions. So, I'll just leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 4:13 am

Lady Of Rage is one of the dopest femcees ever.. IMO
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 2:52 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:

Yeah, CLEARLY black men love to celebrate their black women...smh. You're a fucking dummy. The reason why most of us don't like female rappers is because they suck and/or blow, both figuratively and literally. I have no desire to sing along while some bitch talks about how much dick she rides or cum she slurps or whatever else these "strong black" hoes are screaming. It's hilarious and retarded that you even brought race into this discussion. Besides NO ONE loves women more than Hispanic men and vice versa. Just ask yo main bitch, playa.
[center]The End
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 3:20 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 4:39 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Yeah, CLEARLY black men love to celebrate their black women...smh. You're a fucking dummy. The reason why most of us don't like female rappers is because they suck and/or blow, both figuratively and literally. I have no desire to sing along while some bitch talks about how much dick she rides or cum she slurps or whatever else these "strong black" hoes are screaming. It's hilarious and retarded that you even brought race into this discussion. Besides NO ONE loves women more than Hispanic men and vice versa. Just ask yo main bitch, playa.
[center]The End

LMAO

Post of the year.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 5:50 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

[center]The End

hahahaha +1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 6:55 pm

Fuck y'all bitch ass motherfuckers, especially that clown Wanduras or whatever the fuck his name is. Half you homos ain't never listened to a female rap album all the way through otherwise y'all wouldn't be able to make such bullshit stereotypes. Y'all will bump a below average male over a female that will rhyme circles around them just shows how much y'allz rap taste sucks ass.

Fuck him and anybody that applauded that faggot ass post. And playa, I'm more likely to pull your main bitch than the other way around.

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 7:26 pm

KJ, quick question. Are you related to every female rapper ever?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 7:33 pm

Shaun wrote:
KJ, quick question. Are you related to every female rapper ever?

SMH, obviously I'm not but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Predictably though, your next question is gonna be "Then why do you defend them so strongly?" My answer is because I judge rappers on their skills, not their gender. I've heard some female rappers that destroy many male rappers on the mic, and all of them don't just talk about female issues either.

I just look at dopeness as dopeness. You can either spit or you can't. There's a lot of female MC's who are dope as fuck on the mic, but because they have breasts and a vagina these fools in this forum won't even give them a chance. Yet they get mad at me when I say something negative about (insert random underground rapper here). The difference though is that at least I check them out before passing judgement on them. Most those in the forum that hate female rappers have never even listened to a female rap album all the way though, so they're hypocrites. Plain and simple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 7:50 pm

Hilarious. In another thread KJ says:

FUCK YOU DUMBASS NORFEEST YOU MADE AN ASSUMPTION ABOUT ME DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

And in this thread KJ is making nothing but ignorant assumptions based on no real facts or information, just his own ignorance and foolishness. Classic idiot behavior.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic   GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GHHA Finals: 36 Chambers vs. The Chronic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: