Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haystak - Easy 2 Hate

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Haystak - Easy 2 Hate Empty
PostSubject: Haystak - Easy 2 Hate   Haystak - Easy 2 Hate Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:42 am

So Stak waits almost a full year to drop an album (something he hasn't done in about 4 years), and finally after a lot of delays, here is Easy 2 Hate. Originally concieved as the flip side of the coin to 2008's Hard To Love, Easy 2 Hate arrives as a double album in a similar vein to 2007's Crakavelli, with one disc dedicated to harder more gangster music and the second disc made up of softer more emotional fare. And as such, this feels much more in vein with Stak's Portrait Of A Whiteboy/From Start 2 Finish/Crakavelli work and more distant from his more recent albums. This is a good thing.

The production stays consistent, though some fairweather fans will complain about Stak sequencing songs the way he has for the greater part of a decade. For instance, the first 6 songs on disc one are all comprised of faster, harder songs while what follows is much slower, darker music. This is very much in line with the way Stak has sequenced all the albums he's had creative control over, but again, to a neophyte to Stak's music, they will complain of not breaking up the monotony. Over the course of 20+ tracks and 2 hours, some one who is not a dedicated Stak fan will find songs they like less than others (or maybe dislike entirely) but even semi-loyalists will be pleasantly surprised with the quality control the White Whirlwind delivers over a double disc opus.

They lyrics, flow, and style are what they have been for a very long time. One thing that's changed from recent outings, is that here, Stak refrains from dedicating whole songs to diss Eminem or Brabo Gator or whoever, and only makes random mentions of previous beefs without feeling like he's wasting track space, and instead acknowledging what he's been up to since Came A Long Way.

If you've given up on Stak, give this one a chance. It's overall a dope record, and the second disc might be my favorite single discs to drop this year. If you liked the Whiteboy Trilogy, you'll dig this.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Haystak - Easy 2 Hate   Haystak - Easy 2 Hate Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 10:07 pm

I basically co-sign Jeff. Those who dig his whiteboy trilogy stuff will like this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haystak - Easy 2 Hate   Haystak - Easy 2 Hate Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 6:17 pm

KRob, if you haven't checked out his recent shit, you should peep this.

E.Taylor, this would be a fine place to start with his catalogue.

Peterson, have you ever checked out Haystak?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haystak - Easy 2 Hate   Haystak - Easy 2 Hate Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 2:31 am

Finally listening to disc 2 and its waay betta than that 1st disc. Just like Crackaveli. Guess I dig the introspective Stak over the party/get buck Stak.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Haystak - Easy 2 Hate   Haystak - Easy 2 Hate Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 6:20 am

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Finally listening to disc 2 and its waay betta than that 1st disc. Just like Crackaveli. Guess I dig the introspective Stak over the party/get buck Stak.

Ahahahahahahaha. Yes the introspective side of any artist defeats his party/get buck side on most occasions. Ahahahahahahahaha I thought nothing could top your pussy bears post on the other thread. Einstein shaking my head
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haystak - Easy 2 Hate   Haystak - Easy 2 Hate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haystak - Easy 2 Hate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: