Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Empty
PostSubject: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 5:58 pm

Of course the dude can't pick beats, his musical tastes in general suck.

Source:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For the latest issue of Rolling Stone, they selected a total of 50 artists to create their own playlists. One of those artists included was Nasir, as he picked out some of his greatest songs of all-time. Hit the jump to check what made his list:

1. “My Downfall” – Notorious B.I.G., 1997

The lyrics are about how he’s acing the shadows of death, despite all of his success, and he’s giving it to you in a way that makes it seem so real.

2. “If My Homie Calls” – 2pac, 1991

He’s just saying to his boys that he’s going to be a friend no matter how big he gets.

3. “Road To The Riches” – Kool G. Rap & DJ Polo, 1989

The way we’re rhyming now? He was already doing it then .

4. “A Bird In The Hand” – Ice Cube, 1991

5. “Paid In Full” – Eric B. & Rakim, 1987

6. “I’m Single” – Lil Wayne, 2010

I’m recently divorced, so I feel what he’s saying.

7. “Tears of Joy” – Rick Ross, 2010

Ross is at the pulpit here.

8 “The Moment I Feared” – Slick Rick, 1988

It’s cinematic. He’s at a hip-hop show and ices this girl who played him, then he’s in prison getting violated by some dude. This was unheard of.

9. “Empire State of Mind” – Jay-Z, 2009

This song is huge. It sounds like Broadway. It’s New York’s modern anthem.

10. “Queen Bitch” – Lil’ Kim, 1996

At the time, females rappers didn’t appeal to the street, but Kim came with the vulgarity, sexuality and gangster shit.
Back to top Go down

Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 6:06 pm

Wow... I really hope that isn't his favorite of all time... I mean it's cool he has some variety, but sounds like he is going through some things and those are his favorites right now...

Funny how all his stans hate on ross and wayne but Nas show them much love... fucking fanboys...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 6:12 pm

I can't see any of those songs making my top 50 list, honestly, with "Paid In Full" and "Road To Riches" coming closest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 6:15 pm

Save for the Ross and Wayne picks, this isn't a bad list.

Paid In Full, Road To The Riches, and If My Homie Calls are 3 of my all time favs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 6:18 pm

Jeff wrote:
I can't see any of those songs making my top 50 list, honestly, with "Paid In Full" and "Road To Riches" coming closest.

Well none of those are in my top 100... but the list could have been ultra wack...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 9:33 pm

Nas is seriously lost
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 6:07 pm

I like 2 through 5, though I doubt any of em would make my 10 favorite songs list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 6:51 pm

I'd like to see some of y'allz lists to see how they compare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 7:01 pm

What factors would you use to "compare" lists KJ? Once again you are getting your panties in a bunch over any perceived criticism of your butt buddy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 7:13 pm

SMFH, Take it how you want to. I'm just saying that while I don't agree with a couple of his picks I'm sure that there's several in here that aren't any better.

I'd be willing to post mine as well.....it'd be tough to narrow it down to 10 but I'd drop the first 10 that came to mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 7:20 pm

A a lot of those songs are very solid picks. Never heard the Wayne trk and the Kim pick is a biiig surprise. I'm sure this is not his definitive list. I think he wanted to show he is not stuck in one era or something.

And Jeff for now on just name your threads about Nas or Krs " I just want to hate on Nas of Krs so here you go".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 7:23 pm

As long as you post "I like being a disagreeable douche for no reason" every time you post. And these picks fucking suck.

Also, your argument is "I don't believe these are Nas' favorite songs of all time" even though that's the clear intent (and TITLE) of the article (indicating he LIES out of fear of what other people might think like a high school kid?). So in essence you're agreeing that these picks suck, and are disagreeing because people are showcasing Nas for the tonedef bastard he clearly is and always has been.

Last edited by Jeff on Tue 30 Nov 2010, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 7:25 pm

"And Jeff for now on just name your threads about Nas or Krs " I just want to hate on Nas of Krs so here you go"."

lol. Indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 7:29 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
A a lot of those songs are very solid picks. Never heard the Wayne trk and the Kim pick is a biiig surprise. I'm sure this is not his definitive list. I think he wanted to show he is not stuck in one era or something.

And Jeff for now on just name your threads about Nas or Krs " I just want to hate on Nas of Krs so here you go".

Jeff and SRP are two peas in the same pod when it comes to Nas and KRS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 7:29 pm

Just like you, Wayne, Powell, and KRob are about every other kind of music. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 7:40 pm

Jeff wrote:
As long as you post "I like being a disagreeable douche for no reason" every time you post. And these picks fucking suck.

Also, your argument is "I don't believe these are Nas' favorite songs of all time" even though that's the clear intent (and TITLE) of the article (indicating he LIES out of fear of what other people might think like a high school kid?). So in essence you're agreeing that these picks suck, and are disagreeing because people are showcasing Nas for the tonedef bastard he clearly is and always has been.

No Cornfed....unlike us most artist do not sit around day in and day out and think about their top this and top that. So I'll give the man a pass. Do you have any clue how many questions these stars are asked on a daily basis? I truly doubt Nas put much thought into some of that list. I'm sure at least half of it is legit but whatever.

And most of those songs he picked are considered classic i'm sure by more than him. So basically fuck your corny ass and your corny views. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 7:44 pm

Whatever, keep making excuses.

If Tech N9ne had some list and had Vanilla Ice and ICP at the top, I wouldn't make up bullshit reasons as to why it's ok. I'd be like "Yeah, retarded list, but I still like his music". Instead, you fanboys just keep trying to justify Nas' messianic place in your life. See the difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 7:53 pm

Its not making excuses its my point of view. Just because I do not see like you want me too does not make my points any less valid. Its a dope list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 8:08 pm

I agree with Kev in that most (not all, but most) of these songs are classics. They're not all the best songs by said artists, but most are classics nonetheless. 3 of these songs are in my Top 50.

And Nas probably didn't give it much thought because he was asked this question on the fly. Think about it, if anyone in this forum were asked that question today and then next week asked the same question....chances are that some of the songs would be different. The same would apply to Nas if he was asked that question again.

And I'd be willing to bet that Jeff and SRP's favorite artists have songs in their Top 10 that they'd frown upon as well.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 8:09 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
I agree with Kev in that most (not all, but most) of these songs are classics. They're not all the best songs by said artists, but most are classics nonetheless. 3 of these songs are in my Top 50.

And Nas probably didn't give it much thought because he was asked this question on the fly. Think about it, if anyone in this forum were asked that question today and then next week asked the same question....chances are that some of the songs would be different. The same would apply to Nas if he was asked that question again.

And I'd be willing to bet that Jeff and SRP's favorite artists have songs in their Top 10 that they'd frown upon as well.

Cosign
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 8:11 pm

Yeah KJ, so fucking what... I don't sit here and get pussy bent out of shape when my favorite artists do something bad... I'm not a fan boy bitch ass reverse gay cock ass lover of nas like you are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 8:13 pm

Do you see me bitching about his list, asshole??? No I'm not so go fuck yourself jabroni.

And you're a fanboy bitch ass reverse gay cock ass lover of K-Rino.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 8:34 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
SMFH, Take it how you want to. I'm just saying that while I don't agree with a couple of his picks I'm sure that there's several in here that aren't any better.

I'd be willing to post mine as well.....it'd be tough to narrow it down to 10 but I'd drop the first 10 that came to mind.

That is you complaining and defending your reverse gay cock ass lover Nasty Anal Nas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 9:05 pm

There's a difference between not agreeing with something and bitching about it.

Jeff bitched about Nas' list, I just disagreed with a couple of his picks.

You love to twist things around to try and come up with a bullshit argument and then lace it with curse words to attack me. How fucking lame. I ain't got time for your bitch ass right now, go jack off to a K-Rino album cover or something....just get off my bozack!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 9:27 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:

KJ, I openly admitted that. How come when Tech N9ne's Top 10 is up for discussion you bitch and whine about him having himself in it, but on Nas' list he has Lil Wayne, Lil Kim and RICK FUCKING ROSS but you say nothing? If Tech had a wack list I would call him on it, not act like the shit is the bible.

And honestly, your points have made far more sense than KRob's...so don't go throwing that away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 9:30 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Its not making excuses its my point of view. Just because I do not see like you want me too does not make my points any less valid. Its a dope list.

You DID make an excuse, in fact, you make contradicting excuses. First you say that his list might be wack but it's ok because he was just trying to prove he's not stuck in one era, then you say it's a dope list.

My main point here is simple:

These songs aren't even top 10 songs by said artists for christ's sake!

Tell me you disagree.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 3:36 pm

He He

Laughing My Ass Off

Ass Licker

Monkey Piss Right

lol!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 3:48 pm

Nero has valid points, he never sits there and justifies his favorite artists lists when they are wack and thats exactly what people here are doing, this thread is still retarded though

i dont understand why Nas stans just cant admit he is lost?? Im a big Nas fan and i know a lot of people that are but they still admit he is currently just lost. He needs to get hit over the head until he forgets who he is, but still keep the rap skills he has
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:04 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Nero has valid points, he never sits there and justifies his favorite artists lists when they are wack and thats exactly what people here are doing, this thread is still retarded though

i dont understand why Nas stans just cant admit he is lost?? Im a big Nas fan and i know a lot of people that are but they still admit he is currently just lost. He needs to get hit over the head until he forgets who he is, but still keep the rap skills he has

Stop riding so much dick Slang. Nerdo is obviously trying to hate on Nas, not bring up a valid debate. But do you see that? Of course not. And if he is lost who gives a fuck? He still puts out good music. You guys that bring shit like this up are the true stans because you are worried about what he is doing in his real life. I am a fan of Nas's music not necessarily Nas the person.

And just because you and Nerdo think Nas list is wack, are you saying we have to feel the same way?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:10 pm

[quote="Jeff"]
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Paid In Full and Road To The Riches can be argued as Rakim and G Rap's BEST songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:11 pm

Jeff wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

You DID make an excuse, in fact, you make contradicting excuses. First you say that his list might be wack but it's ok because he was just trying to prove he's not stuck in one era, then you say it's a dope list.

Tell me you disagree.

I disagree. Unless i'm reading this wrong you want me to side with your view of the list? None of us know Nas personally so I do not know what his "true" top 10 is. Hell its hard to come up with ten fav hip hop songs for myself. So why can't it be hard or confusing for Nas.

And what songs on there other than the Wayne one (which he explained why he put it) is really buggin you so much?

I will have to go back to see what you read to say "I said his list might be wack".

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:16 pm

So you would have every single one of those songs in your top ten? You think those are indicative of what hip hop is?

And you didn't directly say his list was wack, but first you say the picks are solid, then you say he's trying to show he's not stuck in one era, indicating you understand some degree of criticism of the picks and are defending him (which wouldn't be necessary if you actually stood behind the picks, right?). So, my point stands.

The problem here is, while I have to believe (based on what you post on here) that you and KJ both wouldn't have more than 1 or 2 of these songs in your top FIFTY, you still feel the need to act like this list is ok. If a new member came on here posting this shit YOU WOULD RIP THEM APART.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:27 pm

This is a real list (and it's from the same damn article, for the record):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:30 pm

That list was Cube saying "If someone wanted to know about West Coast hip hop". Not necessarily his Top 10 of all time. I'm sure he'd have some varied picks as well.

On that note, I'm about to start a thread on this very topic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:32 pm

KJ, the point of those articles was they were all different topics. Based on Cube's list, he would at least have a respectable all time list. My point this whole time has been if you showed some one that list, and didn't say who said it, no one would think a respectable artist would have those songs in their top 10 rap songs of all time. Period.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:44 pm

Jeff wrote:
KJ, the point of those articles was they were all different topics. Based on Cube's list, he would at least have a respectable all time list. My point this whole time has been if you showed some one that list, and didn't say who said it, no one would think a respectable artist would have those songs in their top 10 rap songs of all time. Period.

I know a lot of people that have Paid In Full in their Top 10, and I'm sure there's many with Road To The Riches there as well. If My Homie Calls is one of my favs by Pac, and I like the rest of the songs on the list save for Wayne's and Ross'. I bet if you asked Nas that question again, some of the songs would be different, as it would for many of us.

I've created a thread on the "General Hip Hop Discussion" section of the forum regarding Top 10 songs, check it out.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:48 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Stop riding so much dick Slang. Nerdo is obviously trying to hate on Nas, not bring up a valid debate. But do you see that? Of course not. And if he is lost who gives a fuck? He still puts out good music. You guys that bring shit like this up are the true stans because you are worried about what he is doing in his real life. I am a fan of Nas's music not necessarily Nas the person.

And just because you and Nerdo think Nas list is wack, are you saying we have to feel the same way?

lol, im not dickriding anybody, unlike you i dont disagree with people just because who it is (Nero) i look at everyone's posts objectively. I dont give a fuck about what Nas is doing in his personal life (although he is lost there as well), but MUSICALLY, the guy is lost IMO and seriously needs to regain his identity
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:52 pm

Wow, Kev, Slang and I argue fucking constantly.

He's just adult enough to not be a douche about it 24/7. You should try that sometime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:55 pm

Jeff wrote:
So you would have every single one of those songs in your top ten? You think those are indicative of what hip hop is?
And you didn't directly say his list was wack, but first you say the picks are solid, then you say he's trying to show he's not stuck in one era, indicating you understand some degree of criticism of the picks and are defending him (which wouldn't be necessary if you actually stood behind the picks, right?). So, my point stands.

The problem here is, while I have to believe (based on what you post on here) that you and KJ both wouldn't have more than 1 or 2 of these songs in your top FIFTY, you still feel the need to act like this list is ok. If a new member came on here posting this shit YOU WOULD RIP THEM APART.

No, every single one of those would not be in my top ten. But thats the point its not MY top 10. And as far as your 2nd question yes most of those songs can be indicative of what hip hop is. You are starting to sound like KRS one my man...lol. So Jeff now is the go to guy for what is definitive hip hop? This is what it reads like you are conveying.

And just because you think it would not make me, KJ's, or whoever's top 50 that does not make Nas personal opininon any less valid. Now if he was trying to say those are the top 10 best hip hop songs than I would have to question his motive. But me. you, Wang, are anybody else have no power to say what Nas should view as a personal top ten.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 5:00 pm

Jeff from his list I consider these classic:

My Downfall
Homies Call
Road To Riches
Paid In Full
Bird In The Hand

Only one of that five would make my top 20 maybe. The rest could fall in anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 5:01 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Jeff wrote:

No, every single one of those would not be in my top ten. But thats the point its not MY top 10. And as far as your 2nd question yes most of those songs can be indicative of what hip hop is. You are starting to sound like KRS one my man...lol. So Jeff now is the go to guy for what is definitive hip hop? This is what it reads like you are conveying.

And just because you think it would not make me, KJ's, or whoever's top 50 that does not make Nas personal opininon any less valid. Now if he was trying to say those are the top 10 best hip hop songs than I would have to question his motive. But me. you, Wang, are anybody else have no power to say what Nas should view as a personal top ten.

haha, nice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 5:05 pm

Again, Kev, completely missing the point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 5:50 pm

Jeff wrote:
Again, Kev, completely missing the point.

I don't think I did. You just want me to agree with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 5:54 pm

I have no interest in coversing with people that completely agree with me, or else I would never have gotten on this forum in the first place.

My point is simply that certain STANS choose to ignore obvious flaws in their favorite artists, and can't even acknowledge when they would seem to obviously disagree with them. Every time you try to take the conversation elsewhere (bringing up my race and shit) you just prove my point further.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 6:12 pm

Jeff wrote:
I have no interest in coversing with people that completely agree with me, or else I would never have gotten on this forum in the first place.

My point is simply that certain STANS choose to ignore obvious flaws in their favorite artists, and can't even acknowledge when they would seem to obviously disagree with them. Every time you try to take the conversation elsewhere (bringing up my race and shit) you just prove my point further.

Not for nothing Jeff, but you fall under the same catagory. You defend everything Eminem and Bone Thugs do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 6:28 pm

Jeff wrote:

So are you calling me a Nas stan? Or is that just a broad statement you are making?

And I said something about your race in this thread?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 6:30 pm

After SRP and KJ stopped bickering, this has turned into a pretty civil thread. Good job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 6:33 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Jeff wrote:

So are you calling me a Nas stan? Or is that just a broad statement you are making?

You called me cornfed, and that was a general statement, but I think we've thoroughly exhausted out conversation here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 6:38 pm

Jeff wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Jeff wrote:

You called me cornfed, and that was a general statement, but I think we've thoroughly exhausted out conversation here.

Cornfed is a diss for you being from Iowa, not your race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 6:41 pm

Seriously, KJ?

Would you call a black dude from Iowa Cornfed? Doubtful...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)   Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now It All Makes Sense (Nas picks top 10 favorite rap songs of all time for Rolling Stone)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next