Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SB's Top 25

Go down 
+4
Funk Seoul Brother
D.Powell
E. Taylor
Justin Linker
8 posters
AuthorMessage

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSat 04 Dec 2010, 3:51 am

Some of his picks are real soild. And he has some decent and ig'nant explanations on why he picked them. Check it out:

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2010/12/01/soulja-boy-tellems-25-favorite-albums-of-all-time/
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSat 04 Dec 2010, 5:04 am

I saw this yesterday. I needed a laugh. It more than delivered.

Good for him though. At least it stands out even if I don't agree with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSat 04 Dec 2010, 9:00 am

LOL. That list was about what i expected. "Graduation" is when Kanye blew up? C'mon man. "Relapse" was a bad album? I agree to an extent with the "Relapse" thing but that album shits on anything Soulja Boy will ever do. "Malice In Wonderland"? Hilarious. I hope this guy realizes how much he sucks. I find it ironic that he wonders why Nas would title an album "Hip Hop Is Dead" when he's one of the people trying to kill it.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSat 04 Dec 2010, 9:47 am

not one of his picks are "solid" IMO...because every explanation he gave was completely baseless and stupid...he had no honest reasons why he picked certain albums except what came out of that toxic thing he calls a brain....dude is just dumb and the more he talks the more I understand why he "creates" the type of music he does.....WACK!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSat 04 Dec 2010, 11:09 am

At most there are 4 legit picks. Crime Mob and D4L making the list is really outrageous.
Back to top Go down

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSat 04 Dec 2010, 11:12 am

I cosign that shawty lo... units in the city... bitch whassss hannenninnn!
Back to top Go down

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSat 04 Dec 2010, 1:31 pm

For a cat his age who makes the type of music he does some of those picks were solid. Powell if you can't objectively see that get some contacts.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSat 04 Dec 2010, 2:19 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
For a cat his age who makes the type of music he does some of those picks were solid. Powell if you can't objectively see that get some contacts.

my brother is his age and none of these albums would be CLOSE to greatest ever for him, well the hip hop ones at least

obviously some legit picks like MJ...

and even the decent hip hop ones have terrible explanations lol
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSat 04 Dec 2010, 3:43 pm

.....Another reason to laugh at this clown
Back to top Go down

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSat 04 Dec 2010, 8:04 pm

Demographically, I feel that the people speaking on this have no right to. That's my opinion. He had some solid picks in there, and I can see where he's coming from. It could be a lot worse. And Crime Mob isn't wack.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSat 04 Dec 2010, 9:50 pm

I think it's time I knuck you hoe
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 1:58 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Ummm Kev, your the one who is Stevie Wonder/Ray Charles on this one man

Souljah Bitch is WACK and these picks just re-confirm my thoughts on that...it shows how his brain works my dude...it show why he thinks that "music" that he creates is dope....dude is lost and so are you if you're really feeling this shit flying out of his thought process!
Back to top Go down

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 2:03 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Souljah Bitch is WACK and these picks just re-confirm my thoughts on that...it shows how his brain works my dude...it show why he thinks that "music" that he creates is dope....dude is lost and so are you if you're really feeling this shit flying out of his thought process!

So answer this. Are these solid albums to you?

Nas- Hip Hop Is Dead
50 Cent- GRODT
Pac- AEOM
MJ- Thriller
Juvenile- 400 Degrez
TI- Trap Muzik

I am not saying anything about his comments I just said he suprising has some solid picks.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 2:09 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Nas- Hip Hop Is Dead
50 Cent- GRODT
Pac- AEOM
MJ- Thriller
Juvenile- 400 Degrez
TI- Trap Muzik

I am not saying anything about his comments I just said he suprising has some solid picks.

of course they're solid Kev, but did you READ his reasons for picking each one of them??

dude is clueless man.....I don't only like to read why a person picks some of his picks but the reasons why they did are sometimes more important than the actual picks themselves.....he makes it seem like he making some of those picks because someone else said he should man....
Back to top Go down

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 2:27 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Nas- Hip Hop Is Dead
50 Cent- GRODT
Pac- AEOM
MJ- Thriller
Juvenile- 400 Degrez
TI- Trap Muzik

of course they're solid Kev, but did you READ his reasons for picking each one of them??

dude is clueless man.....I don't only like to read why a person picks some of his picks but the reasons why they did are sometimes more important than the actual picks themselves.....he makes it seem like he making some of those picks because someone else said he should man....

Thats all I was saying...lol. I feel you on some of his reasons for picking them. He just needs some strong gudiance.

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 2:52 pm

I don't think you can use HHID as an example here, Kev. SB said he doesn't even remember it... lol
Back to top Go down

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 4:20 pm

He had a few solid picks but the majority of them are garbage.

Thriller (which is easily the best album on his list) and Blueprint are the only classics he chose IMO.

And I co-sign that his reasoning/comments were definitely idiotic!
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 7:58 pm

After peeping that list it explains so much about him and his mindset.
I think it also explains a lot how this generation thinks and why what blows up does.
There was good music around that time period they were growing but that's not what they were bumping or what their ears were being saturated with. I doubt we'll see anyone clamoring for the next Outkast-esque group. That's not what they want out of music.

Personally I had to quit reading the commentary by pick 20.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 8:01 pm

You know what's funny is I probably passed lil dude on the streets. If I had only known.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SB's Top 25  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB's Top 25    SB's Top 25  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SB's Top 25
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: