Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommendations for these albums

Go down 
+7
Funk Seoul Brother
Highsmith
Wanduras
D.Powell
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
Wayne
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Recommendations for these albums Empty
PostSubject: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 10:25 pm

Recommendations for these albums Tha_Blaqprint

Recommendations for these albums We_Mean_Business

Recommendations for these albums If_Tomorrow_Comes%E2%80%A6_cover

Recommendations for these albums Foodliquor

Recommendations for these albums Lupe_Fiasco%27s_The_Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 10:29 pm

I don't understand...

My recommendation for those albums is to throw them away, but I'm not really sure if you're asking to rec albums or if you want to know what we think about them?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 10:40 pm

lmao
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm

Jeff wrote:
I don't understand...

My recommendation for those albums is to throw them away, but I'm not really sure if you're asking to rec albums or if you want to know what we think about them?

I want to know what you all think about those albums, as well as would you all recommend any of them as a purchase or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 10:44 pm

Yes
hell no
hell no
hell fucking no
hell fucking no
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 10:47 pm

Wayne wrote:
Jeff wrote:
I don't understand...

I want to know what you all think about those albums, as well as would you all recommend any of them as a purchase or not.

Okay, in all seriousness, Food & Liquor and Blaqprint are worth checking out. You might like the EPMD and the other Lupe, but they are not neccessary by any means. I only own Food & Liquor, and it wasn't really worth the purchase IMO, but it's a decent cd, just not my thing. I was hoping for something more Bumpy J and less Common.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 10:48 pm

I rec Still Standing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 10:51 pm

Still Standing makes all of those albums look like Nastradamus, at best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 10:54 pm

Yeah.. definitely don't see why someone would peep any of these over Still Standing... must be some stubborn peanut head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 10:58 pm

Recommendations for these albums Waynehead

"Y'all fools must think I be stupid, I ain't never peeping no Still Standing" - Waynehead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 11:22 pm

Wayne pay no attention to the "lol" posse. But I co sign their laughing asses that Still Standing is a must before any of them.

By you being a fan of lyricism and artist that respect the craft i'll say the Lupe's are a must. Both are real good albums. But if you only want one go with Food & Liquor easily.

Stay away from that EPMD unless you find it for dirt cheap. Never heard Maino or the other one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 11:26 pm

Come on Kevin, if Wayne wasn't as nice as he is you'd be calling him out for his obvious bias.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 11:28 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Come on Kevin, if Wayne wasn't as nice as he is you'd be calling him out for his obvious bias.

I did a loong time ago but:

Recommendations for these albums 82770
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 8:57 pm

Tha Blaqprint is worth checking out...Preemo did either all or most the production on it

that EPMD is 4 stars IMO....it's a very decent effort.....not sure what these dudes are hearing there but it's not great but it's legit (the production is pretty good) and if you own the other ones from them then it's even more of a must have

stay away from Maino

Food and Liquor is a good effort as well....(4 stars)

The Cool is 3.5 stars IMO....it has some decent moments on it
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 9:45 pm

I haven't heard that Blaqprint. That EPMD just depends on how much you like them. IMO, their last good album was Back In Business (Which is a 4.5 for me). We Mean Business is a 3. Maino was boring to me, I just don't like his voice and the beats on there weren't too great. Both of the Lupes were ok. I expected more from him after hearing his mixtapes but they were still decent with good lyrics, 3.5 for each of those. I would say peep Lupe's Farenheit 15 mixtapes, Lupe the Great, and Enemy of the State instead. He muders Enemy of the State, he did better on all of the beats he jacked than the original artists, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 10:25 pm

Fuck that bitch ass LOL posse, they wouldn't know good hip-hop if it smacked them in the grill. Listen to KJE.

I'd say Food & Liquor and The Blaqprint are the best albums on the list. F&L is a personal classic to me, I think you'll rate it at least 4 stars. The Blaqprint is a 4.5 star album.

The Cool is about 4.25 stars for me. It's a little more commercial than F&L but a tight effort nonetheless. Lupe is a better pure lyricist than Kanye IMO. People on this site don't like him because he's a hipster, but I like how deep he gets on the mic personally.

The EPMD album is 3.5 stars for me. It's got it's moments but overall it doesn't have a great deal of replay value. You may consider it 4 stars like Powell did, but personally the only EPMD album worse than this is Out Of Business IMO.

Maino is the only wack album on the list, if you that curious about it though download it. He doesn't impress me on the mic at all. Hi Hater was a catchy track, but that's only because of the classic beat.

While I'll agree with Terry that you should cop Still Standing, I feel you should also cop I Wish My Brother George Was Here by Del Tha Funkee Homosapien. Dude is hella ill on the mic. If you liked 93 Til Infinity by Souls Of Mischief, you'll like Del's debut.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 11:44 pm

Still Standing is better than any of these albums Wayne. Skip Maino and I have never heard the Blaqprint. Food & Liquor should be copped IMO and if you like that then check out The Cool. I have We Mean Business at a 3.5 but I just don't think it's something you need to cop right away.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 2:18 pm

Wanduras wrote:
I haven't heard that Blaqprint. That EPMD just depends on how much you like them. IMO, their last good album was Back In Business (Which is a 4.5 for me). We Mean Business is a 3. Maino was boring to me, I just don't like his voice and the beats on there weren't too great. Both of the Lupes were ok. I expected more from him after hearing his mixtapes but they were still decent with good lyrics, 3.5 for each of those. I would say peep Lupe's Farenheit 15 mixtapes, Lupe the Great, and Enemy of the State instead. He muders Enemy of the State, he did better on all of the beats he jacked than the original artists, IMO.

I own EPMD's discog with the exception of Out Of Business. I have heard the Enemy of the State mixtape from Lupe and it was a tight one.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 2:20 pm

And yes, I will be getting Still Standing soon (I know I've said this before, but bare with me, lol), and once I do, I will start a thread on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 2:23 pm

-1 for KJ for the offenses of:

1. Being a grown man and using the term "LOL Posse"
2. Referring to self in third person.
3. Trying to start your own catch phrase "Listen to KJE!"
4. Shot clock violation - too much time spent in Lupe Fiasco's backcourt.
5. Bitchassedness - you know DAMN WELL Still Standing is the best album mentioned in this entire thread.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 3:42 pm

anyone above the age of 14 who says "LOL Posse" should get an immediate -1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 4:18 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

Anybody who rides dick and supposely have one should get an immediate -life.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 4:25 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

i dont know where you get this from, do you just ignore all the posts where i clown on everyone equally? (half, SRP, etc)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 5:05 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

i dont know where you get this from, do you just ignore all the posts where i clown on everyone equally? (half, SRP, etc)

Not really. But I know how you guys get down. Just messing with you my man.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 6:38 pm

Food & Liquor is one of the best albums of the decade right behind Rev Volume 2. Check that out for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 1:28 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
-1 for KJ for the offenses of:

1. Being a grown man and using the term "LOL Posse"
2. Referring to self in third person.
3. Trying to start your own catch phrase "Listen to KJE!"
4. Shot clock violation - too much time spent in Lupe Fiasco's backcourt.
5. Bitchassedness - you know DAMN WELL Still Standing is the best album mentioned in this entire thread.

You think I give a fuck about your gay ass online rep bullshit? Fuck no I don't. It's gay just like you and your posse full of homos.

1. It was Kev that coined the phrase LOL Posse, not me. Although I do find it appropriate.
2. You act as if you're flawless and your shit doesn't stink, both of which are false so there's no reason why I can't talk in the 3rd person.
3. Ain't nobody trying to start a catch phrase. It's just that Wayne is more likely to listen to me on recs moreso than guys like you and Jeff, which is the reason why I said that.
4. You spend too much time on Drake's, Gucci Mane's, and Wacka Flocka's backcourt. You even bigged up that wack ass Hammer song dissing Jay Z. Fuck a shot clock violation, that's a technical foul!!
5. You're the KING of Bitchassedness, and I Wish My Brother George Was Here is superior to Still Standing IMO. Both albums are dope and are a must have to any hip-hop fan, but the Del album is better to these ears.

Game, Set, Match.....BITCH!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 1:41 am

So hostile. We're friends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 1:44 am

Indeed, but all is fair in friendship and hip-hop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 1:45 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Indeed, but all is fair in friendship and hip-hop.

+1
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 2:03 am

-1 for being friends with OJM...too bad I don't have the rep option...Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 2:10 am

OJM is my friend.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 3:40 pm

Check out the Blaq Poet and both Lupe's. That's my suggestion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 3:04 pm

Jeff wrote:

This is what I said, KJ, and I said those albums were trash before Still Standing was even mentioned. This is all I said about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 3:37 pm

Jeff wrote:
Jeff wrote:

This is what I said, KJ, and I said those albums were trash before Still Standing was even mentioned. This is all I said about it.

Scroll up Jeffery, you also said....

Jeff wrote:

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 3:39 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Scroll up Jeffery, you also said....

Jeff wrote:

Can you read, KJ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 3:40 pm

Yeah, again, nothing to do with Still Standing. Which is what you were complaining about. Still Standing. Saying I over-rated it. Nothing to do with that anywhere in this thread. Never called it amazing, just dope in comparison to the wackness above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 3:45 pm

Typical of this forum, people ganging up on me unprovokingly.

While I could pick your arguments apart, I'm in absolutely no mood to argue right now with this being Christmas Eve. So I'm gonna bounce for now and say Merry Christmas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 3:47 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Typical of this forum, people ganging up on me unprovokingly.

While I could pick your arguments apart, I'm in absolutely no mood to argue right now with this being Christmas Eve. So I'm gonna bounce for now and say Merry Christmas.

What argument? You said I over-rated an album. I asked where? You said here. Nowhere here did I claim Still Standing is anything better than some marginal bullshit Wayne was asking about, after people brought up Still Standing.

Jesus dude grow up. YOU WERE WRONG. Shit happens. Get over it. Man up and admit you were wrong.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010, 7:07 pm

It's a conspiracy!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for these albums   Recommendations for these albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for these albums
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Artist Information & Reference-
Jump to: