Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Redman - Reggie

Go down 
+3
T. Myers
Shaun
Jack of Spades
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 2:55 pm

Amazon has this at 1.5 stars. Is it really that bad?
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 2:57 pm

I'd probably give it 2.5... and the new TI 2....

lol
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 4:04 pm

I like the new TI its a typical TI album imo so far. I need to listen to more.

And I knew from the samples to leave that Red in the store. He needs to holla at Sermon and the squad or something. At his age his style seems real childish and average.
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 4:13 pm

the production on the redman is better than the ti... ti is typical ti if you think typical TI started at paper trail and typical TI is TI riding the latest pop waves for an entire album... there ain't nothing hard or gangsta on that CD
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 4:16 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
the production on the redman is better than the ti... ti is typical ti if you think typical TI started at paper trail and typical TI is TI riding the latest pop waves for an entire album... there ain't nothing hard or gangsta on that CD

TI is rich and under the eye of the law. I didn't expect a "hard" or "gangsta" TI. I figured it was an expectation issue more so than the music. I like the fact TI is showing some maturity, maybe Red can learn something.
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 4:22 pm

no, it's both... the music is bland, horrid, lame, e-mo, and insincere...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 4:22 pm

T.I. dropped today?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 4:25 pm

I felt like TI was mature on Paper Trail(one of the few albums that can appeal to pop boppers and hip hop heads). This is Paper Trail turned up a notch. He lost the balance he had on Paper Trail. And as SRP stated, it lacks the sincerity i thought he had on Paper Trail. The album rings hollow if that makes any sense. I wouldn't call the album outright wack, but i was extremely disappointed.
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 5:42 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I felt like TI was mature on Paper Trail(one of the few albums that can appeal to pop boppers and hip hop heads). This is Paper Trail turned up a notch. He lost the balance he had on Paper Trail. And as SRP stated, it lacks the sincerity i thought he had on Paper Trail. The album rings hollow if that makes any sense. I wouldn't call the album outright wack, but i was extremely disappointed.

Well I can see that statement. But I wasn't expecting much. When I get TI I already know what it is. This album does start PTrailish but he goes in a whole other direction on the other half of the album. Kinda like TI vs. TIP. I'm good with it as of now. Who knows how I will feel later.

I got that Yelawolf also. Had to buy that one.
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 7:07 pm

Shaun wrote:
T.I. dropped today?

Not even a rap fan...
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 7:18 pm

Not tempted to check out Redman after hearing the samples, but I listened to the T.I.P. in its entirety last night and that is some hot garbage. I'm really astounded that T.I. could put out something that wack--I expected it to be pretty poppy but not to that extent--the beats were horrid and the lyrics and guests were doo-doo. One of the worst albums I've stomached in a while. Oh well, back to Boyz II Men Christmas for me.
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 7:50 pm

We finally hate in unison CTRX
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 6:27 pm

TI "No Mercy" easily a Thumbs down....Skateboard P make your face fall off....Lls
I'm not even gonna get "Reggie".
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 7:26 pm

You shoulda read his dumb ass letter from prison:

“So here it is...NO MERCY, the most honest and intimate installment of my life story as promised,” said T.I. in his letter. “Hope y'all enjoy it and it lives up to the very high standards I've set for myself or anyone who's to be considered one of the best.

Really TI? Them drugs must have fried his brain.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 7:43 pm

lol thats hilarious
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 8:25 pm

Yeah that T.I. was hot garbage, even worse than I'm Serious and T.I. vs T.I.P.

The Redman album isn't bad, but probably his worst album as well. Lyrically it's on point, but I don't know what the fuck he was thinking when he decided to do an album without the Green Eyed Bandit's production.

Albums like these are the reason why I support downloading.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 8:59 pm

Due to certain issues, I had to order both of these albums, so I'm waiting for my copies to arrive in the mail as we speak.
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 9:07 pm

Man wayne, I feel bad for you. Especially since this is the first TI CD you bought when it came out as you are a new fan. The Reggie is cool lyrically, not bad, just very forgettable... the TI is just bad....
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 9:09 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Man wayne, I feel bad for you. Especially since this is the first TI CD you bought when it came out as you are a new fan. The Reggie is cool lyrically, not bad, just very forgettable... the TI is just bad....

I wouldn't say I'm a "new fan" of T.I., even though I did cop his discog a little late (with the exception of I'm Serious).
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 9:12 pm

It's neither here or there, but didn't you just listen to a full TI album within the last year?
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 9:13 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
It's neither here or there, but didn't you just listen to a full TI album within the last year?

Probably around 2008 or something, lol, but it's neither here nor there like you said.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 10:04 pm

Just got finished bumping this one. Very good album, staring at 3.5 stars from me.
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 10:12 pm

I like this album too. Lyrically he's still as dope as he's ever been. I'd probably like it better if the Green Eyed Bandit was doing the production but it's still good. I'd say it's at least 3.75-4 stars.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 10:14 pm

That's the highest rating I've seen for it Wayne. I may have to get this and Sheek tonight but I am still on the fence about both of them.
Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 10:18 pm

check out the itunes samples... I don't think either of these is horrible... but not great either... if you are really fiending for something new I guess you could take the dive, but you might be better served ordering some old you'd been meaning to peep.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 12:07 am

Highsmith wrote:
That's the highest rating I've seen for it Wayne. I may have to get this and Sheek tonight but I am still on the fence about both of them.

And I'm still waiting for my Sheek to arrive in the mail, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Redman - Reggie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redman - Reggie   Redman - Reggie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redman - Reggie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: