Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Panned by the artist

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Panned by the artist Empty
PostSubject: Panned by the artist   Panned by the artist Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 9:19 pm

What are some albums (or name an album if it's just one pick) that have been panned by the artist themselves, but you still enjoy it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panned by the artist   Panned by the artist Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 9:22 pm

hmmm... panned by them but still enjoy? I think I liked relapse more than recovery personally... maybe the darkness... but I feel artists pan albums, but always blame someone else for it...tech n9ne's early albums probably would fall in this category too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panned by the artist   Panned by the artist Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 9:23 pm

Nah, Tech still endorses all of his early work. He feels that he "wasn't ready for a deal" but still acknowledges it as his work and still thinks it's enjoyable if you like his music.

EBK4 by Brotha Lynch Hung isn't as terrible as Hung makes it out to be.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Panned by the artist   Panned by the artist Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 9:24 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
hmmm... panned by them but still enjoy? I think I liked relapse more than recovery personally... maybe the darkness... but I feel artists pan albums, but always blame someone else for it...tech n9ne's early albums probably would fall in this category too...

Regarding Relapse, I like that one too, but not more than Recovery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panned by the artist   Panned by the artist Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 9:26 pm

Yeah, I cosign the EBK4 - rather enjoy it. I usually tune out when rappers complain about their own music... if people list others I will probably cosign a number of them.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Panned by the artist   Panned by the artist Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 9:50 pm

Relapse, 8 Diagrams,
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Panned by the artist   Panned by the artist Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 9:51 pm

i feel like Ras Kass may have panned some of his albums, i might be making that up though

maybe Dr. Octagonecologyst if you count what he said after as keith panning it, i prob wouldnt tho
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panned by the artist   Panned by the artist Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 10:01 pm

No Wu Massacre, Slang?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panned by the artist   Panned by the artist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panned by the artist
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: