Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why is this album never discussed?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Why is this album never discussed? Empty
PostSubject: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 8:20 am

Doesn't matter what the topic is, this album is never brought up for any reason.

Wise Intelligent "The Talented Timothy Taylor"

I don't spin it near enough myself, but everytime i do i remember how dope it is. It's a very political album that comes in at no lower than a 4.25. Anybody else with thoughts on this one or does nobody spin this?
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 9:18 am

I have it at 4.5 stars. The album is very well put together and Wise still has his awesome flow. I only wish he released a follow up. He was working on one a few years ago, but it never materialized. Timothy Taylor was supposed to be the first in a series. Anyway, the album is very good with some very relavant shit. He also gets personal on a few tracks, which is good as well - Wise is not known for that type of shit.

Over all, very good album. Highly recomended. Big Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 9:45 am

I've always meant to get it. I've seen it mentioned a few times. In fact I think a. scott has rec'd it a few times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 10:58 am

Its a good album but one I feel you have to be in a mood for. It does not have high replay value but its all good when you do finally play it.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 3:55 pm

Noorf used to rec it back in the Amazon
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 1:13 am

Good LP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 3:09 am

It's a dope LP, I think it gets overshadowed by the first two Poor Righteous Teachers albums especially Holy Intellect. But it's really dope nevertheless. Taylor's 4.25 star rating sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 12:53 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
It's a dope LP, I think it gets overshadowed by the first two Poor Righteous Teachers albums especially Holy Intellect. But it's really dope nevertheless. Taylor's 4.25 star rating sounds about right.

Holy Intellect is a classic IMO. PRT as a group has always been underrated and slept on. I blame Profile for a lack of promotion (which they were notorious for).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 2:07 pm

Jack of Spades wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

Holy Intellect is a classic IMO. PRT as a group has always been underrated and slept on. I blame Profile for a lack of promotion (which they were notorious for).

I agree that Holy Intellect is a classic. The follow up Pure Poverty is about 4.25-4.5 stars IMO. I agree with you that Profile wasn't very good at promoting it's artists other than Run-DMC and DJ Quik.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 2:14 pm

Even with promotion PRT would have never blown up. There second album was there best chance. It had a real good sound and it was mainstream friendly. Its my fav PRT album.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 8:56 pm

New World Order was a banger as well. Wise's flow is untouchable throughout the album.

I agree that PRT would have never made it to the radio at the time Pure Poverty was released. Thier lyrics were too conscious. Thier first album should have been the springboard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 5:50 am

Jack of Spades wrote:
New World Order was a banger as well. Wise's flow is untouchable throughout the album.

I agree that PRT would have never made it to the radio at the time Pure Poverty was released. Thier lyrics were too conscious. Thier first album should have been the springboard.

Rock This Funky Joint got quite a bit of airplay on the radio and on Yo MTV Raps and Rap City back in the days. While PRT wouldn't have blown up to household name status, I think they'd be looked at as cult favorites (i.e. Black Sheep, Nice & Smooth) had they recieved better promotion.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 6:15 pm

Yep. You're probably right. I remember Rock This Funky Joint on Rap City. Still one of my favorite jams from them.

PRT has a Rear & Unreleased CD out that has some pretty good tracks that were never heard before. It's worth coppin' if you're a PRT fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is this album never discussed?   Why is this album never discussed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is this album never discussed?
Page 1 of 1